╌>

Biden sex assault accuser Tara Reade asks for Russian citizenship

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  hallux  •  last year  •  14 comments

By:   Nancy Cordes - CBS

Biden sex assault accuser Tara Reade asks for Russian citizenship

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A woman who   accused Joe Biden of sexual assault during the 2020 presidential race  appeared Tuesday in Moscow and said she was asking President Vladimir Putin for Russian citizenship.

Tara Reade, who worked in now-President Biden's congressional office for a short period in 1993, said she wanted to stay in Russia after a Republican lawmaker told her she was in physical danger.

Reade, 59, said in an interview streamed by the Sputnik media group — a Russian press outlet — that she'd arrived in Russia as a vacationer.

"When I got off the plane in Moscow, for the first time in a very long time, I felt safe. And I felt heard and felt respected," she said. "I'm still kind of in a daze a bit, but I feel very good," she said. "I feel very surrounded by protection and safety."

Reade sparked headlines in early 2020 by   claiming in a podcast   that Mr. Biden, who was a senator at the time, sexually assaulted her in a Capitol Hill corridor in August 1993, when she was 29.

Her accusation came just as Mr. Biden was ramping up his campaign against incumbent President Donald Trump, who himself has   faced accusations  of sexual abuse and rape.

Mr. Biden   categorically denied her claim

"It is not true. I'm saying unequivocally it never, never happened," he said.

Reade said she filed a complaint after the alleged incident, but no record of it has been found, and it's not clear if her allegations have ever been formally investigated.

A 1996 court document says her ex-husband mentioned that she'd complained of sexual harassment while working in Mr. Biden's office.

Reade, who called herself a geopolitical analyst, said in the Sputnik interview that after making her allegations public in 2020, she was threatened with prison, her life was threatened, and she was called a Russian agent.

Sitting alongside Maria Butina — a current member of Russia's parliament who was   arrested and imprisoned in Washington in July 2018   as an alleged spy for Russia, before being  released in October 2019 and deported  — Reade told the interviewer she has "always loved Russia."

"I do not see Russia as an enemy, nor do many of my fellow American citizens," she said, adding that she had one "large" request.

Though she wants to hold on to her U.S. citizenship, she said she'd "like to apply for citizenship in Russia, from the president of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin. ... I do promise to be a good citizen."

Asked for comment about Reade's request, White House deputy press secretary Andrew Bates responded Wednesday, "I won't attempt to speak for an aspiring Russian citizen, the convicted Russian spy who's sponsoring her or the foreign government with which she has chosen to align."

According to The Guardian, Reade said of Butina, "I just really so appreciate Maria and everyone who's been giving me [protection] at a time when it's been very difficult to know if I'm safe or not. I just didn't want to walk home and walk into a cage or be killed, which is basically my two choices."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    last year

An earlier article seeded today and 'authored' by' some axe-grinder offered up one Tara Reade as 'proof' that "Democrats are Horrible People". Ms. Reade certainly appears to be one, but it is not her who Derek Hunter of Townhall seeks to defame.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
1.1  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Hallux @1    last year

Sounds SO DAMN CONVINCING, and all as she is befriended by Natashia and Boris, cause can anyone else say Flying SQUIRREL, cause sure sounds like BULWINKLE TO ME! For as inept and senile as we are told by the 'right' ole slo Joe who lost his mojo is these daze, why wouldn't she feel threatened...and why are we supposing she waited a few decades to bring this up if she was so disturbed by a guy who according to some, should be on a ventilator in hospice, and besides, she's not his type, and doesn't resemble Joes spokeswomen or Jill, unless rolled down a big hill, and , why wouldn't ole Joe just have Merrick Garland or Jack Smith covertly slide her a cool going rate of $130,000.00 cause we all know ole Joe be rolling in the Burisma bribery doe that they keep threatening to expose the Brandon Boy with, except, witnesses and informants keep disappearing and or dying, but hey, Jordan keeps trying. 

Yea, good ole Putin and Russia Spies are the ones we should trust, at least thats what Trumpy has told us, and he should know, no ? 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2  TᵢG    last year
"When I got off the plane in Moscow, for the first time in a very long time, I felt safe. And I felt heard and felt respected," she said. "I'm still kind of in a daze a bit, but I feel very good," she said. "I feel very surrounded by protection and safety."

I think she should stay where she feels safe.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
2.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  TᵢG @2    last year

Willing to bet a dollar to a donut the Russian FSB is watching her, listening to her, and recording everything she says 24/7.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.1.1  TᵢG  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @2.1    last year

Not a doubt in my mind, Ed.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3  JohnRussell    last year

I hate to say it but I think this woman is probably not mentally well. 

Ender
Professor Principal
3.1  Ender  replied to  JohnRussell @3    last year

If they do give her citizenship, they aught to revoke it here. Let her stay in the country she loves.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
3.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @3    last year

100% agree with you on this one John. They are more than welcome to keep the ingrate nut case. This country is nowhere near perfect by a long shot, but anybody that says they prefer and feel safer in Russia definitely has severe head problems!  Revoke her US citizenship in the process.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    last year

Ms. Reade went to Russia for a vacation.  Okay.  Anyway, while she's there and if by chance she acquires an audience with Putin perhaps she could ask the Russian president if he had any idea what Trump meant when he said, "I saved bin Salman's ass."  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Ender
Professor Principal
5  Ender    last year

After a republican lawmaker told her...

The right wing has gone batshit crazy.

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
5.1  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Ender @5    last year

told her to go to Russia, or told her ole Joe made some sexual assault advances on her, like Russia committing a Crimea, as again, somehow friends, pets, and small animals and children in the Trump proximity always seem to be drawn towards their bare chested bear wrestling alligator armed Versacis check picker uppers'  hero, Vlad amere 

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     last year

Perhaps she can become buds with Steven Segal another American that took out Russian citizenship and supports Russia in the Ukraine war. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
6.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Kavika @6    last year

Yep, right along with "Fast Eddie" Snowden!

Igknorantzruls
Sophomore Quiet
6.2  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Kavika @6    last year
Steven Segal

apparently, Trump was an inspiration for Seagulls 80's movie, Above the Law