╌>

MyPillow auction necessary as stores drop product, Mike Lindell says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  evilgenius  •  last year  •  16 comments

By:   USA TODAY

MyPillow auction necessary as stores drop product, Mike Lindell says
MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell, said the company is auctioning off over 800 surplus items after his election fraud claims led retailers to stop selling.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

f2133d37-0479-48b1-815f-1c071aee97fd-Kate.jpg?crop=3023,3023,x0,y504&width=48&height=48&format=pjpg&auto=webp Kate PerezUSA TODAY

A large amount of surplus industrial equipment from the company MyPillow is now up for auction online, including from the company's Minnesota factory.

The items are being auctioned off using K-BID Online Auctions and items include dock trucks, sewing machines, forklifts, boxes and more, according to the listing page. 824 items will be auctioned off and the event ends on July 18 at 7 p.m.

Mike Lindell, the MyPillow Chief Executive Officer, told Minnesota television station WCCO that the auction is a surplus auction that "is a reflection of the change from big box and mall store sales to a direct-to-consumer approach." Lindell said MyPillow in-store sales were canceled by retailers such as Walmart and Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Additionally, Lindell told the station that some employees had to move job roles to avoid being laid off, and that MyPillow "has made a number of adjustments."

"I do every customer like my only customer and every employee like my only employee," he told WCCO.

Lindell told WCCO that Menards, Fleet Farm, and some other stores continue to carry the MyPillow products.

Lindell's support for Trump, baseless election fraud claims

The company was impacted by Lindell's backing of former President Donald Trump's election fraud claims, for which he is currently fighting off a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit.

Lindell has previously said that MyPillow lost $100 million after his election fraud claims, WCCO reported. His company also lost an arbitration case in April related to election fraud claims, leading to his company, Lindell LLC, being ordered to pay $5 million.

2020 Election Supreme Court turns back effort by MyPillow CEO Lindell to toss $1.3 billion defamation suit

Mike Lindell MyPillow CEO, Trump ally Mike Lindell says FBI issued subpoena, seized phone at a Hardee's

On Monday, Lindell went live on Facebook where he talked about the auction, saying it comes after retailers "abandoned" MyPillow.

"What are we supposed to do, everybody? Just paperweights there? No, we are auctioning it off," Lindell said during the live stream. "Before they did this to MyPillow, we were so big that we needed like four times of the equipment we had right now to make retail packaging, to make the retail pillows. So my guys said, 'Hey, can we get rid of some of this stuff, and sublease part of that building?' Which we said, 'Fine.'"

Lindell and the MyPillow company did not immediately respond to USA TODAY's request for comment on the auction.

Kate Perez covers breaking and trending news for USA TODAY. You can reach her at kperez@gannett.com or on Twitter @katecperez_.

Featured Weekly Ad

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

evilone
Professor Guide
1  seeder  evilone    last year

It's interesting to know that it just isn't 'woke' businesses hurting from jumping into political shit matches. Hmmmm.... It seems that maybe Mike still doesn't know what he's talking about at any given time either.

Lindell said MyPillow in-store sales were canceled by retailers such as Walmart and Bed, Bath & Beyond.

Bed, Bath & Beyond went bankrupt and was bought by Overstock.com. They are no retail spaces for BB&B. Also for those following at home -

The e-commerce home goods retailer will no longer go by its eponymous name online and will instead move under the Bed Bath & Beyond domain name in the coming weeks

Whether they carry will MyPillow online I have no clue, nor do I care one way or the other. 

Ender
Professor Principal
1.1  Ender  replied to  evilone @1    last year
They are no retail spaces for BB&B.

Same happened to Pier 1.

Here Tuesday Morning shut down as well.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  evilone  replied to  Ender @1.1    last year

Brick and mortar stores are a hard sell these days.

Ender
Professor Principal
2  Ender    last year

He did it himself. He cared more about getting political than his own business.

Hallux
Professor Principal
3  Hallux    last year

Is there a Go-Stuff-Yourself site for donations?

Kavika
Professor Principal
4  Kavika     last year

One has to wonder what he thought was going to happen?

Tacos!
Professor Guide
5  Tacos!    last year

It’s mind-boggling to watch this guy destroy himself and the business he built.

Ender
Professor Principal
5.1  Ender  replied to  Tacos! @5    last year

I always felt sorry for his employees. Watching him sabotage himself and wondering how long their jobs will last. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2  devangelical  replied to  Tacos! @5    last year
mind-boggling to watch this guy destroy himself

... not the first time he's done it. he'll be back to sucking on the crackpipe soon...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    last year

you reap what you sow Mr Lindell

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
6.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @6    last year

I’m sure that Lindell will be fine, it’s his workforce that’s hurt.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7  bbl-1    last year

Lindell got to close to Trump.  I suspect he believed there was a payoff for his Trump allegiance.  He was wrong--should have known it.  It was Donald J. Trump after all.

Feel sorry for his employess.  Assume Lindell paid into state's unemployment fund so they can be eligible.  

Wonder what kind of employer he was?  What was the general atmosphere in the workplace?  Did he have 'litmus tests' for employment?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
7.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  bbl-1 @7    last year

I couldn’t work for Mike Lindell and live with myself.  

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
7.1.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @7.1    last year

Maybe they all don’t have the same options as you.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  bbl-1  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @7.1    last year

The economic situations for some force them into employments that are less than desirable.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
8  TᵢG    last year
"Before they did this to MyPillow,  ..."

This is one of the best examples of someone living in a fantasy reality.   I would not be surprised if he were diagnosed with a mental disorder.