╌>

Alicia Navarro's mom makes emotional plea over public's 'dangerous' fascination

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  19 comments

By:   Yaron Steinbuch (New York Post)

Alicia Navarro's mom makes emotional plea over public's 'dangerous' fascination
Alicia Navarro's mother pleaded for the public to "move on," saying its "search for answers has taken a turn for the dangerous" -- after the Arizona teen who went missing in 2019 walked into a Montana police station last week.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Alicia Navarro's mother pleaded for the public to "move on" from her long-missing teen daughter's sudden reappearance — warning that the "search for answers has taken a turn for the dangerous."

"Let's focus that my daughter is alive. This is a miracle," mom Jessica Nunez wrote Sunday night alongside an emotional video plea posted to her "Finding Alicia" Facebook page.

She expressed appreciation for everyone who has supported her since 2019, when her daughter — who walked into a Montana police station last week — first went missing days before her 15th birthday.

"I could never have kept going without all of your love, help and well wishes. I can't even put into words the amount of gratitude I have for you all," Nunez says haltingly.

"But now that we know Alicia is alive, I have to ask one more favor of you. I know you want answers and I do, too. But the public's search for answers has taken a turn for the dangerous," she continues.

Alicia Navarro's mother Jessica Nunez addressed the public on Facebook.Facebook / Jessica Nunez Navarro speaking to police over a video call after showing up years after going missing.Glendale Police Department

"I have been harassed, my family has been attacked all over the internet — the public has gone from trying to help Alicia to doing things like trying to show up to her house and putting her safety in jeopardy," Nunez says.

"So I beg you, please no more TikToks, no more reaching out to Alicia or to me with your speculation or questions or assumptions. This is not a movie, this is our life, this is my daughter," she says.

"I love her more than anything in the world, and I think I have shown you that," the disconsolate-looking mom adds. "There's an ongoing investigation and I'm begging you to move on."

Alicia Navarro and her mother Jessica have 'spoken briefly' but not gotten 'back together' since her surprise reappearance in Montana, family PI says.Facebook / Finding AliciaNavarro's mother Jessica before Navarro was found after going missing for four years.Facebook / Finding Alicia

Nunez's plea comes after Navarro's neighbors told The Post that the young woman allegedly fought with a man she had been living with in Havre, a city about 40 miles from the Canadian border, and threatened to "go back."

Navarro, who "willfully left her home" in Glendale, Arizona, in 2019, walked into the local police precinct the day before the argument to request that she be taken off the missing person's list so she could get a driver's license and could begin living a "normal life," according to authorities.

It was unclear how long she'd been living in the Havre apartment, but neighbor Garrett Smith, 22, told The Post that Navarro and a man in his 20s have been residents since he moved in about a year ago.

According to officials, Navarro was reportedly found in a Montana town that is located close to the U.S.-Canadian border. Officials said Alicia is asking for privacy at this time. FOX 10

Police confirmed that a man was detained and questioned Wednesday at the same apartment complex, although it is unclear whether it was the same person with whom Navarro had been living with.

Navarro, who has been described as autistic but high-functioning, left behind a note when she left her home that read: "I ran away. I will be back. I swear. I'm sorry."

Navarro is still being considered a victim, police previously said, while the family's private investigators exclusively told The Post last week that she had only "spoken briefly" to her mother, while her intentions regarding whether she planned to return home were unclear.

She told police she has not been hurt, was not being held against her will and could come and go as she pleases.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

She doesn't want questions asked?

What is going on here?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year
What is going on here?

Obviously it's a massive left wing conspiracy that goes all the way up to the Bidens' Chinese masters.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1    last year

So if your child is missing for a while (as in 4 years) and then shows up, you have no questions?

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.2  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    last year

I'd most certainly have questions.  The internet troll community has no claim to the answers.  I know they're interested but I have to agree with the mom here.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.2    last year
I'd most certainly have questions. 

That's good Stevie and I agree with you.

The internet troll community has no claim to the answers.

And there is a reason for that in this case, right?

I know they're interested but I have to agree with the mom here.

I'm not sure if I can

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.4  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    last year

I don't see where she's saying she doesn't have questions herself.  She's asking others not to mob the family either in person or online, which seems entirely reasonable.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.4    last year
I don't see where she's saying she doesn't have questions herself.

I think she knows the important answer. The only question is how this happened ?

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.6  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.5    last year

What you think she knows is irrelevant to this family's mental health.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.6    last year

That's probably because I'm the aggressor.

How is mom & daughter not getting together effecting the families "mental health?"

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.8  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.3    last year

So...  What's your take on it then?  Investigators will investigate.  That's what they do but as far as I can tell there was no crime committed here so maybe some privacy is needed here so the family can heal. 

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.9  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.7    last year

I'd say that's their business, and not yours, Vic.  The girl is safe.  She may not be in a good enough mental state to deal with online harassment from people demanding answers to which they have no right.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.10  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.8    last year
What's your take on it then?

I don't have a take. I think it is a very interesting story. A 14/15 year old goes missing for 4 years. 

Here is the issue:

Nunez's plea comes after Navarro's neighbors told The Post that the young woman allegedly fought with a man she had been living with in Havre, a city about 40 miles from the Canadian border, and threatened to "go back."

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.9    last year

That's the way it is with us aggressors... we ask questions.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
1.1.12  sandy-2021492  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.11    last year

You can ask questions.

You are not always entitled to answers.

It is ridiculous to make the worst of a family wanting to protect a young woman's privacy and mental health.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.13  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  sandy-2021492 @1.1.12    last year
You can ask questions.

Thank you.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.14  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.13    last year

Seems to me that anybody who's in favor of protecting children from exploitation would honor the mother's request for privacy and space at this time.  I wish only the best for this family.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.15  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  SteevieGee @1.1.14    last year

Steevie, you are truly a trusting soul.

SteevieGee
Professor Silent
1.1.16  SteevieGee  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.15    last year

And you, my friend, have a suspicious nature.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2  devangelical    last year

[Deleted]