╌>

Religious group wants to build McDonald’s in a church

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  25 comments

Religious group wants to build McDonald’s in a church

Religious group wants to build McDonalds in a church

mcdonaldschurch.jpg

The McMass Project aims to attract worshipers through the lure of McDonald's burgers. (The McMass Project)

As church attendance falls, one group believes that the lure of a burger and fries might make church more appealing.

McMass Project, which is the brainchild of Paul Di Lucca -- a creative director at the church branding agency Lux Dei Design -- is raising funds to put a McDonald's franchise inside a place of worship.

"Christianity is unable to capture modern audiences," Di Lucca told NBC News . "There's a lack of innovation and lack of design thinking in Church communities."

The multi-denominational group has launched a campaign on the crowdfunding site IndieGoGo and hopes to raise $1 million to build the first McDonald's church. As of Friday, only $104 has been raised.

The groups says that the money will go toward purchasing a franchise and construction. The group is currently looking for a church to partner with.

"It's time for churches to engage with entrepreneurship," writes the group on its IndieGoGo site. "By combining a church and a McDonald's we can create a self-sustaining, community-engaged, popular church, and an unparalleled McDonald's restaurant."

The site states that three million people leave the faith every year and that 10,000 churches closed down in 2013, while 70 million people eat McDonalds every day. To attract potential donors, the group is offering T-shirts, hats and vinyl stickers to adorn your laptop, hymn book and more!

Di Lucca believes that fast food is one way to build faith in the modern era, but concedes that not everyone will be wild about the idea.

"We are aware a lot of people will think this is an insane idea," Di Lucca says.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

"We are aware a lot of people will think this is an insane idea," Di Lucca says.

sixpick
Professor Quiet
link   sixpick    10 years ago

They'll have to build bigger pews and a bigger church!!!

Instead of PTL or Pass the Loot, it will be pass the ketchup!

Nona62
Professor Silent

ROFL !!

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol...I didn't think about that!!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

The Congregation will be comprised of "Movers and"Shakers"...

Nona62
Professor Silent

McDonalds is a lot closer to being a national religion than Christianity is. I think you have a point there!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

I have a feeling that people would just stay in the restaurant, and not venture into the Sanctuary...

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    10 years ago
Two things that are bad for your health, all under one roof. Makes perfect sense.

Nona62
Professor Silent

3. No matter what miracles God my perform, the priest better learn how to handle a defibrillator.

ROFL !!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Convience, Parishoner pigs out on MC...dies, the Memorial Serviceis held right then and there!!

sixpick
Professor Quiet

Does wine come with that burger?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    10 years ago
... and the snake said "go ahead, eat that hot apple pie, God ain't lookin".

Nona62
Professor Silent

and the snake said "go ahead, eat that hot apple pie, God ain't lookin". ha ha ha

Nona62
Professor Silent

Then the LORD God made a woman from the Mcrib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the Hamburglar. ROFLOL !!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Exodus 14:21

Then Ronald McDonald stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD swept the Hi C orange soda back by a strong east wind all night and turned the soda into dry land, so the sea of Orange Soda were divided

OMG...You guys are hysterical!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

OMG !!! You're killing me over here!!! ROFL

Nona62
Professor Silent

And Ronald approached his Servants ,and said unto them...."I will make you Fishers of Filet"

sixpick
Professor Quiet

That's really good BF!!!!!!!!

sixpick
Professor Quiet

Preacher: We are gathered here to join this man and woman in Holy Mac a mony. Will thy man provide the money for this woman to pay for the burgers and fries thru out his life?

Man: Yes

Preacher: Will thy woman promise to purchase only burgers with cheese as to fulfill this man's desire?

Wife: Yes

Preacher: I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. You may put the onion ring on your wife's finger now.

Nona62
Professor Silent

GASP...GASP.....I can't catch my breath..this was so funny!!

Nona62
Professor Silent

LMAO !!

Nona62
Professor Silent

Thou shalt not kill.
. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
. Thou shalt not steal.

For a Happy Meal....

sixpick
Professor Quiet

Ha!!! Can't express the audio version, sorry!!!!

Nona62
Professor Silent