╌>

Mississippi ex-officers plead guilty to state charges in torture of Black men

Category:  News & Politics

By:  kavika  •  last year  •  29 comments

Mississippi ex-officers plead guilty to state charges in torture of Black men

Six White former Mississippi law enforcement officers pleaded guilty to state charges Monday for physically and verbally abusing two Black men in a blatantly racist attack in January that included a 90-minute torture session, in a case that has sparked outrage over police brutality against Black men.

The officers, who branded themselves “the Goon Squad,” threw eggs at Michael Jenkins and Eddie Parker, held them down while pouring milk and alcohol over their faces, and assaulted one of them with a sword, prosecutors said. One officer carried out a “mock execution” by inserting a gun into the mouth of one man, according to the indictment. When the firearm discharged, it broke his jaw.

On Monday, the six men pleaded guilty to state charges of obstruction of justice and conspiracy to hinder prosecution and agreed to sentences recommended by state prosecutors that range from five to 15 years, according to   Mississippi Today .

VideoBlue.svg Related video :   Six Former Mississippi Officers Plead Guilty in Torture Case   (Dailymotion)

COMPLETE ARTICLE AT THIS LINK: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mississippi-ex-officers-plead-guilty-to-state-charges-in-torture-of-black-men/ar-AA1fgXLv?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=d6dba9b61775461f8951e61993eecd65&ei=14

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
1  author  Kavika     last year

The motto ''Protect and Serve'' didn't mean anything to these scumbags.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @1    last year

hoods and sheets of the past have become badges and guns...

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.1  author  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @1.1    last year

Sadly, it sure seems that way in Mississippi.

sandy-2021492
Professor Expert
2  sandy-2021492    last year
One officer carried out a “mock execution” by inserting a gun into the mouth of one man, according to the indictment. When the firearm discharged, it broke his jaw.

Jesus H. Christ.  He should rot in prison.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1  author  Kavika   replied to  sandy-2021492 @2    last year
Jesus H. Christ.  He should rot in prison.

Yes, he should it is beyond disgusting.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.1  CB  replied to  Kavika @2.1    last year

I am appreciatively happy that "the goon squad" did not have the temerity to 'finish' the two men off after firm evidence of a crime being committed by a bullet through the mouth of one of the captives. After that action, this situation was not going to get any better, could have gotten desperately and drastically worse. Again, both of those men are lucky to be alive and not silenced.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.2  author  Kavika   replied to  CB @2.1.1    last year

They are facing a federal trial in November and the article stated that the sentence in the federal case will run concurrently with the state charges. I think that is BS they should not run concurrently. 

Parchman Farm would be a great prison to send them to, but it's been improved since it was known as the worse prison in the US. I doubt that they will be sent there and they will not be put in the general population. Too damn bad, it's where they belong.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.3  CB  replied to  CB @2.1.1    last year

Something else is interesting and possibly unusual about today's pleas by the "goon squad." They all pleaded guilty to my knowledge. That does not happen often (enough). Apparently, these six men are throwing themselves on the mercy of the court.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.4  CB  replied to  Kavika @2.1.2    last year

Kavika, you are really angry about this, I can feel the emotion emanating from the tone of your comments. Am I right?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.1.5  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @2.1.3    last year

Yes, very unusual.  Maybe they felt that the blue wall wouldn't surround them.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.6  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.5    last year

Good point!

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.7  author  Kavika   replied to  CB @2.1.4    last year

Yes, you're right on that CB.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.8  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @2.1.2    last year
they will not be put in the general population. T

Cops have their own cell block. They coddle fucking corrupt cops in prison.

Were these assholes in uniform when they did this?

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.9  author  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.8    last year
Were these assholes in uniform when they did this?

It's difficult to believe that other cops didn't know what was going on.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.10  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @2.1.9    last year

They knew. They just turned their heads

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.11  CB  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.10    last year

It is highly probable that "goons" can only go so far . . .when they have gone too far. Remember those black-skinned police "monsters": 

Video shows Memphis police officers kicking, beating Tyre Nichols

January 28, 2023 2:35 PM PST Updated 7 months ago
MEMPHIS, Tenn., Jan 27 (Reuters) - Tyre Nichols repeatedly cried, "Mom! Mom!” as the five Memphis police officers now charged with the Black motorist's murder pummeled him with kicks, punches and baton blows after a Jan. 7 traffic stop , video released by the city on Friday showed .

Apparently, these black "goons" operated with LEO immunity until they decided to go outside the parameters of who is worthy of a beat-down that results in severe injury and death. 

This recent incident reminds me that dark and dangerous people are made in every shade of skin-color.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @2.1.11    last year
This recent incident reminds me that dark and dangerous people are made in every shade of skin-color.

Yes, apparently melanin doesn’t cause behavior.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.13  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.12    last year

Apparently!

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
2.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @2.1.13    last year

You got that right CB!

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB    last year

I watched a news story about this today and the search is on for who else this "goon squad" has done this too.  How brazen these men are! Just threw their lives and careers away for something stupid and downright outrageous.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1  author  Kavika   replied to  CB @3    last year

IMO, they should spend the rest of their lives in prison, no parole at all.

Thomas
Masters Guide
3.2  Thomas  replied to  CB @3    last year

Makes one question the system that allowed them to flourish 

CB
Professor Principal
3.2.1  CB  replied to  Thomas @3.2    last year

If there were others "gooned on" by the 'Squad,' then they must have had the fear of God put into them! But, why didn't the same fear work this time? Could it have been one of the men was shot and had to go to a hospital where a "report" of a gunshot would was required to be filed?

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.2.2  author  Kavika   replied to  Thomas @3.2    last year

I doubt if this was a secret among the LEOs and yes Thomas, the system should be more than questioned.

George
Junior Expert
4  George    last year

5 years to 15? Hopefully genpop will impose a more fitting sentence. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1  author  Kavika   replied to  George @4    last year

15 years should be the shortest of sentences and the fed charges running concurrently is nonsense.

George
Junior Expert
4.1.1  George  replied to  Kavika @4.1    last year

Agreed, But I'm afraid the fix is in, you own article states 5 to 15 was the plea deal. Disgusting.

Kavika
Professor Principal
4.1.2  author  Kavika   replied to  George @4.1.1    last year

yes, it is disgusting.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @4.1    last year

Yeah I don't agree with that, either. The federal sentence should start after their state sentences are finished