╌>

Hunter Biden special counsel to seek indictment on gun charges

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  last year  •  35 comments

By:   Hunter Biden (Fox News)

Hunter Biden special counsel to seek indictment on gun charges
Hunter Biden is expected to be indicted on a federal gun charge by the end of September, according to Special Counsel David Weiss' team.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, joined 'The Faulkner Focus' to discuss the latest on the Hunter Biden investigation and economic woes plaguing the Biden presidency.

Hunter Biden is expected to be indicted on a federal gun charge by the end of September, Special Counsel David Weiss' team told U.S. District Judge Maryellen Noreika on Wednesday.

Noreika had set Wednesday as a deadline to hear from both sides about how to move forward on the diversion agreement that would have allowed Hunter Biden to avoid jail time for a felony charge of lying on a federal form when purchasing a firearm in 2018.

The expected charges come after an original plea agreement collapsed in July. Hunter Biden was expected to plead guilty in July to two misdemeanor tax counts of willful failure to pay federal income tax as part of a plea deal to avoid jail time on a felony gun charge.

Hunter-Biden-Laptop-Lawsuit-Deposition-1.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Hunter Biden arrives at Fort Lesley J. McNair in Washington, D.C., on June 25, 2023.(Julia Nikhinson/Sipa/Bloomberg via Getty Images)

But Noreika of the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware declined to accept the plea and pretrial diversion agreements with Hunter Biden during his first court appearance related to the charges. She described the DOJ's deal as unconstitutional, "not standard" and "different from what I normally see."

Hunter Biden was forced to plead not guilty to two misdemeanor tax charges and one felony gun charge.

Since then, Attorney General Merrick Garland tapped Weiss to serve as special counsel with jurisdiction over the Hunter Biden investigation and any other issues that have come up, or may come up, related to that probe.

Hunter-Biden-CC0-closer.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Hunter Biden's lawyers are going on offense against his critics.(Getty images)

Fox News first reported in 2021 that police had responded to an incident in 2018, when a gun owned by Hunter Biden was thrown into a trash can outside a market in Delaware.

A source with knowledge of the Oct. 23, 2018, police report told Fox News that it indicated that Hallie Biden, who is the widow of President Biden's late son, Beau, and who was in a relationship with Hunter at the time, threw a gun owned by Hunter in a dumpster behind a market near a school.

A firearm transaction report reviewed by Fox News indicated that Hunter Biden purchased a gun earlier that month.

GettyImages-1592786287.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Attorney General Merrick Garland conducts a news conference at the Department of Justice announcing that U.S. Attorney David Weiss will be appointed special counsel to investigate Hunter Biden on Aug. 11, 2023.(Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call, Inc via Getty Images)

On the firearm transaction report, Hunter Biden answered in the negative when asked if he was "an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance."

Hunter Biden was discharged from the Navy in 2014 after testing positive for cocaine.

Weiss, the U.S. attorney for Delaware, has been leading the Hunter Biden investigation for years. His appointment as special counsel comes amid allegations of politicization impacting prosecutorial decisions in the yearslong investigation into the president's son.

This is a developing story. Check back here for updates.

Brandon Gillespie is an associate editor at Fox News. Follow him on Twitter at @brandon_cg.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    last year

So now the prosecutor who took 5 years to come up with a sweet-heart deal is going to prosecute a gun charge in a matter of weeks?

BTW does anyone think that deal is dead?  Hunter has the best lawyers in the business and there is a difference between a Plea Deal and a "Diversion Agreement." A Plea Deal requires a judge's approval. A "Diversion Agreement" does not.

I say Hunter & Joe skate.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year
I say Hunter & Joe skate.

God I hope so, it would be so fitting. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    last year

Thanks for supporting criminals.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.1    last year

Thanks for supporting criminals.

Signed,

Donald Trump. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.2    last year

I don't care about your hero Trump.

I was specifically referring to Joe Biden and his son.

[deleted]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Tessylo  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    last year

Well since President Biden didn't do anything wrong, he should 'skate' and I didn't vote for Hunter.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    last year
I don't care about your hero Trump.

[deleted]

I was specifically referring to Joe Biden and his son.

So?

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.6  Ozzwald  replied to  MrFrost @1.1    last year
God I hope so, it would be so fitting.

It is becoming unlikely that the gun charges will stick.

A federal appeals court on Wednesday ruled that a decades-old law prohibiting users of illegal drugs from owning firearms was unconstitutional as applied to the case of a marijuana user, the latest fallout from a U.S. Supreme Court ruling last year that expanded gun rights.

Drug user cannot be barred from owning guns, US court rules

Federal appeals court strikes down law prohibiting users of illegal drugs from possessing firearms

Drug User Can’t Be Barred From Owing Firearms, US Court Rules

So when this case falls through you can thank the NRA funded republican members of the Judicial branch.  What's more important to conservatives, finding anything to charge Hunter Biden with, or your 2nd Amendment rights?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.6    last year

Please tell me you aren't trying to equate crack with marijuana.

George
Junior Expert
1.1.8  George  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.7    last year

The hypocrisy continues, democrats now cheering drug addled fools owning firearms if it could help dementia Joe.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.9  Sean Treacy  replied to  Ozzwald @1.1.6    last year

Lying on the application is still a felony. Lying is the issue.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.9    last year

If a Democrat lies, how do other Democrats know?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  George @1.1.8    last year

The call for tougher gun laws will continue from progressives.

Sadly, enforcement is another matter entirely.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  Ozzwald  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.9    last year
Lying on the application is still a felony. Lying is the issue.

Reaching...Rreeaacchhiinngg for anything whatsoever that they can charge Hunter Biden with.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    last year

I found out some more stuff that makes thinking people go "hmmmm".

EXCLUSIVE: Hunter Biden consulted Joe's best friend Ted Kaufman about Ukrainian politics THREE days before joining Burisma board in 2014, emails reveal | Daily Mail Online

Just gotta love all the dribs and drabs coming out implicating Joe Biden! Lying sack of shit that he is.

Dumbass handlers never heard of "usually the cover-up is what brings people down".

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    last year

The more information that comes out about how this was handled the shadier it gets. He should have been indicted on this felony count years ago. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    last year

Everyone knows that it's a scam.

Even the bastards on the left.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @2.1    last year

What scam?

What bastards on the left?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ronin2  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    last year

Forget this count- what about the two tax evasion charges that Weiss allowed the statue of limitations to run out on?

This is a beyond a joke at this point.

No one believes Hunter or Joe will be held accountable by Weiss. He is there to put on a show; and delay investigations in to serious crimes by the Biden family until well after the 2024 elections.

The FBI/DOJ can claim an ongoing active legal investigation forbids them from turning over any relevant information to the House committees. 

George
Junior Expert
3  George    last year

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  Texan1211  replied to  George @3    last year

Sounds like he should apprentice under Hunter Biden!

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2  Tessylo  replied to  George @3    last year

Just like daddy?

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2.1  JBB  replied to  Tessylo @3.2    last year

Who is his daddy?

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4  bbl-1    last year

I am perplexed.  Immediately after inauguration in 2017 President Trump rescinded the special order barring people with a medical history of mental illness from purchasing or possessing a firearm.  Hunter allegedly had issues with drugs and lied on a purchase application.  He also sought help for mental issues.  This just seems a bit heavy handed.  Perhaps I'm missing something.  

GregTx
Professor Guide
4.1  GregTx  replied to  bbl-1 @4    last year

Perhaps.....

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.1  bbl-1  replied to  GregTx @4.1    last year

What am I missing?

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ronin2  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.1    last year

That Democrats love their criminals and will do anything to protect them.

You also didn't read the EO that Trump rolled back.

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun. The rule, which was finalized in December, added people receiving Social Security checks for mental illnesses and people deemed unfit to handle their own financial affairs to the national background check database.

Was Hunter receiving Social Security? Was he deemed unfit to handle his own financial affairs? Was he even diagnosed with a mental illness?

No where does it mention drug abuse. Hunter was and is a confirmed drug abuser. He has been in and out of rehab several times. He lied on a background check form about his drug abuse that would have barred him from purchasing a firearm. 

He broke the law, period.

The Brady Bill listed a series of updated disqualifiers to be incorporated into 4473, including the assertion that the buyer “is not an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act.”

The updated 4473 submitted by Hunter Biden in 2018 asked 14 qualifying questions, including 21 (g): “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?”

This is the question to which Hunter Biden falsely answered “No,” despite the form’s boldface text that states “making any false oral or written statement, or exhibiting any false or misrepresented identification with respect to this transaction, is a crime punishable as a felony under Federal law.”

Hunter can thank his dear old dad for forcing through the law he broke.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  bbl-1  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.2    last year

Okay.  Fine.  Then should everybody be deported that used drugs, lied about using drugs and seeks to possess or owns a firearm? 

And especially in Hunter Biden's case, should he be imprisioned for life or executed for such a heinous transgression of law and justice?

All jokes aside, all I see from you is an aspect of revenge and a total inabillity for equal fair handedness.  All of this is about protection of Trump.  Why does this man need such protection?  What is it about this man that is so special?

Hunter Biden has nothing to do with anything.  Nothing.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.1.4  Ronin2  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.3    last year
Okay.  Fine.  Then should everybody be deported that used drugs, lied about using drugs and seeks to possess or owns a firearm? 

Deported? Yes, immigrants should be deported if they commit a criminal act. WTF does that have to do with Hunter breaking the law?

And especially in Hunter Biden's case, should he be imprisioned for life or executed for such a heinous transgression of law and justice?

Learn the damn law. It is up to a ten year sentence. Though Hunter should be serving much more- except Weiss let the statute of limitations run out on two of the most serious of the tax evasion counts. Why should Hunter get any breaks under the law? Why should any damn Democrat- or leftist criminal? Others haven't for committing the same crimes.

All jokes aside

Prove that you were joking- if so you need to learn what humor is.

all I see from you is an aspect of revenge and a total inabillity for equal fair handedness.  

All I see from you is a complete denial of equal treatment under the law. A complete disregard for holding everyone equally accountable under it.

All of this is about protection of Trump.

All this is about our two tier just system. That is quickly becoming the envy of every tin horn dictator the world over. Brandon has no right to criticize any foreign country for using the power of the government to go after political opponents.

Why does this man need such protection?  What is it about this man that is so special?

When you can answer that question about Bill, Hillary, Brandon, Hunter, Garland, Wrey, Comey, and every other person that has broken the law and not been prosecuted or abused the power of their position to go after a political opponent- you will have your answer. 

Hunter Biden has nothing to do with anything.  Nothing.

Spoken like a true leftist that has their head permanently stuck up their third point of contact. Hunter Biden's business dealings have everything to do with Brandon. Pay for play is illegal; extortion is illegal; and money laundering is illegal. Why is NARA, the FBI, DOJ, and Brandon fighting so damn giving the required information to Republican investigation committees? What are they attempting to hide? How many whistle blowers is it going to take for Garland to move. Appointing Weiss- who didn't even want to press charges against Hunter until IRS and FBI whistleblowers outed just how corrupt his investigation was- as special council is beyond a joke against justice. 

Either the law applies equally to everyone or no one. Democrats are quickly bringing about the day it will apply to no one. They will also be screaming the loudest when that day comes.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.5  bbl-1  replied to  Ronin2 @4.1.4    last year

Right.  The law applies to everyone.  Fine.  Whatever.  What did Trump mean when he said, "I saved bin Sulman's ass."  ? ?  Did we have a president that used his office to deflect or cover-up a murder?

A true leftist you called me.  Okay.  Then, what are you?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.5    last year

You need to change conspiracies with  Biden so publicly hand in glove with MBS.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
4.1.7  bbl-1  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.6    last year

What are you talking about?  

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.8  Sean Treacy  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.7    last year

You miss him holding a photo op to publicly shake hands with the man he Lied about  making a pariah?

George
Junior Expert
4.1.9  George  replied to  bbl-1 @4.1.5    last year
I saved bin Sulman's ass."  ? ?  Did we have a president that used his office to deflect or cover-up a murder?

These are the type of ignorant comments that make me just laugh at the left.

The killing happened to a foreign citizen in a foreign country, who the fuck cares if some douche bag gets killed by his own country. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.1.10  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.8    last year

Because merely posing for a photo is proof of what exactly?

original original original original