╌>

Incredible moment White House staff abruptly end Biden's rambling Vietnam press conference mid-sentence and cut his mic

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  9 months ago  •  38 comments

Incredible moment White House staff abruptly end Biden's rambling Vietnam press conference mid-sentence and cut his mic

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A sleepy  Joe Biden  saw his rambling Vietnam press conference brought to a sudden end on Sunday night with a mic cut and jazz music playing him off the stage, like he went too long in an awards speech.  

Biden was mid-flow and answering questions from journalists when he was interrupted and forced to shuffle away and head backstage. 

'We talked about stability, we talked about the Third World, excuse me, the Southern Hemisphere has access to change. It wasn't confrontational at all....' Biden said as he rambled on. 

Suddenly, the booming voice of his press secretary,  Karine Jean-Pierre , could be heard butting in.

'Thank you everybody. This ends the press conference. Thanks everyone,' she said as she brought the presser to a close. 

Moment Biden's mic is cut after gaffes and rambling during presser

All the while, Biden continued to speak, not realizing his mic had long since been muted. 

In another bizarre twist, sleepy jazz music then began to play over the loudspeaker, with the 80-year-old still seemingly trying to answer questions as he continued to speak into the microphone.

As the president tried to answer a few more questions, the music grew louder prompting Biden to put away his leather-backed folder and shuffle offstage, disappearing behind a black curtain. 

Earlier in the press conference in Hanoi, Vietnam, following the G20 summit in New Delhi, India,  Biden   risked upsetting his Vietnamese hosts with quotes from the   Robin Williams   movie Good Morning, Vietnam - which he seemed to think was a song.

The president arrived in the country after two days at the   G20 summit   in   India   and admitted he was struggling to tell if it was day or night.

'Good evening, everyone,' he told a press conference.

'It's already evening, isn't it? It's around the world in five days - it's interesting.

'One of my coworkers said, 'Remember the famous song 'Good Morning Vietnam'?' Well, good evening, Vietnam'.'

In what was supposed to be a show of stamina - Biden is circumnavigating the globe in five days - he ended the 26-minute event by saying, 'I'm going to go to bed.' 

The president had been asked if he was concerned that there was no agreement on   fossil fuels  that came out of the G20 Leaders' Summit in New Delhi.

He regaled reporters with a story he says is from a John Wayne movie and features the 'Indians' - not the ones he just met with - who don't buy it when a Union soldier says 'everything will be good' if they go back to the reservation. 

'And the Indian looks at John Wayne and points to the Union soldier and says, 'He's a lying dog-faced pony soldier.' Well, there's a lot of lying dog faced pony soldiers out there about   global warming . But not anymore,' Biden said. 'All of the sudden, they're all realizing it's a problem,' the president said, whispering into the mic.

He's used 'lying dog-faced pony soldier,' once at a 2020 campaign event in New Hampshire and at an  event in Connecticut in June , where he also muttered, 'God save the Queen, man.' 

The president's clumsy comments were leapt on by opponents and slammed by critics as further signs that he would struggle to cope with a second term.

'Biden gets VERY confused during his 'press conference' in Vietnam,' tweeted RNC Research.

'And Democrats wonder why Biden isn't polling better,' added former  Trump senior adviser Jason Miller.

Others cringed at his misplaced attempt at humor warning that his jokey reference to the Vietnam War risked upsetting a key ally in the struggle against China.

Sunday's bizarre moment came at a press conference that started more than an hour late and kicked off by the president acknowledging that his aides told him who he would be calling on.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    9 months ago

Expecting a President to be  competent enough to run a Press Conference where he chose the reporters to call on and answered questions until he was ready to stop is an incredibly low bar.

Sadly,  we have Biden, whose every move must be stage  managed and stopped from exercising any independence of will at all. . 

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2  MonsterMash    9 months ago

Joe's mic had to be cut off to stop him from saying "Where's Ho Chi Minh, stand up and take a bow Ho"

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  MonsterMash @2    9 months ago

Or claim he was the last man out of Saigon…

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Principal
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    9 months ago

It is pretty pathetic when your own people cut your mike.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    9 months ago

In Joe's case he has two enemies:

His own mic and this guy:

aHR0cDovL2NsLmltZ2hvc3RzLmNvbS9pbWdoL2ltYWdlL2ZldGNoL2FyXzM6MixjX2ZpbGwsZV9zaGFycGVuOjEwMCxmX2pwZyxnX2ZhY2VzOmF1dG8scV9hdXRvOmdvb2Qsd18xMDIwL2h0dHA6Ly9pbWdob3N0cy5jb20vdC8yMDIzLTA4Lzc4MzM4NS9hNDg4NWIzYzFjMjkxZmU4NzIxMWU2OWNkZWZiZjc2Ny5qcGVn.webp?v=1694436821-WVDrUvAs4g7Gmxuf2n2H11ZPlE_fjCFZ6EiM2oWwpgo

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    9 months ago

This seed is a hit piece on Biden. 

I watched the relevant video from the Daily Mail article. The press secretary announces the press conference is ending. Big deal - maybe Biden would have went on for another half an hour if someone didnt tell him it was time to end it. So they ended it. Big deal. 

The most egregious part of this slam on Biden is the idea, magnified by rwnj on social media such as Newstalkers, that Biden "kept talking" after his mic was shut off, as if he didnt realize what was going on. That is not what the video shows at all. Immediately after the mic is shut off a reporter shouts a question to Biden, and Biden very briefly answers him. The mic is off, but then turned back on halfway through Bidens reply to the reporter. Then, with no more comment, he leaves the stage. 

All the while, Biden continued to speak, not realizing his mic had long since been muted. 

That is a lie, and a bold lie at that. And one that will no doubt be echoed by the rw on Newstalkers. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @4    9 months ago

How many times do we have to catch you guys lying about Joe Biden before you will stop?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    9 months ago

This screen shot shows Biden placing the microphone down inside the podium.  This was literally three seconds after the announcement that the press conference was ending. 

As I said, then another question was shouted from the audience, Biden heard it, and responded. There is not a single thing unusual about that. Reporters keep asking questions after press conferences end all the time. 

This disgraceful lying from the right has to stop. 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    9 months ago

How many times do we have to catch you guys lying about Joe Biden before you will stop?

About 5 more years of lies, then they will stop.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
4.1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1    9 months ago

How many times do we have to catch you guys defending his lies before you will stop?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.1.4  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    9 months ago

You're pretending to see what is not there.

There is no lying involved. Joe Dementia is clearly confused and befuddled and having another brain freeze.

This happens time after time when he is allowed to speak. You can deny his decline all day long but the voters are not going to. Biden cannot handle the stresses and rigors of the presidency even now, let alone for another four years.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Greg Jones @4.1.4    9 months ago

Biden did yesterday , when he was tired, something that Trump couldnt do in a million years. He talked about climate change and developing nations for six straight minutes, and made a lot of sense. 

I bring up specifics and visual evidence, you spout right wing talking points. Who is more believable?

[Deleted]

bugsy
Professor Participates
4.1.6  bugsy  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.5    9 months ago
and made a lot of sense. 

Your bar for this is very low

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4    9 months ago

If I was a progressive democrat, I wouldn't even bother trying to defend all these incidents which show cognitive decline. I would simply point out that Biden, or more likely whoever pulls his strings, has put forward every policy that I could ever dream of. As the campaign season advances, we won't see much more of Joe Biden. It's time to return to Delaware.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    9 months ago

Just admit you guys lie about Biden so I dont have to drag you through the mud like I already do. 

JBB
Professor Principal
4.2.2  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2    9 months ago

As Biden's only real opponent for reelection will be everywhere. He will be in courts in New York. He will be in courts in Georgia. He will be in courts in Florida. He will be in courts in Washington DC. No telling what states and jurisdictions will indict him next! 91 felony indictments, and counting...

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    9 months ago

We just put it out there and let people decide:

There is no commentary necessary.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.4  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @4.2.2    9 months ago

And that's how he wins an election?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.3    9 months ago

There is no comment you can make. There is nothing , and I mean nothing, in that video that makes Joe Biden look "diminshed", other than his physical stiffness and a slight appearance of frailty.  His words are straightforward and to the point, even with the sort of repetition that has been his style for decades. Frankly, Donald Trump could never talk about global warming with the specificity that Biden does, Trump would end up with windmills after 30 seconds. Biden talks about global warming and developing countries for 6 minutes. 

You guys just like to knock his appearance and his stiffness. That says more about the right wing than it does about Biden.

But please Vic, tell us, in detail what there is in this video that proves that Biden is diminished. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.3    9 months ago

Its fucking sad that you think that video shows a debilitated Joe Biden. It shows how far the right wing in America has sunk that ANYONE would tout that video as something damaging about Biden.  You guys get more ridiculous by the minute. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.7  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.5    9 months ago
But please Vic, tell us, in detail what there is in this video that proves that Biden is diminished. 

The video speaks for itself. Everyone gets to draw their own conclusions. 

You claim he is bright & alert. That is on you. I suppose it goes to the support Biden got in 2020. At that time I asked what policies Joe Biden supported. Only one person could give an answer. She submitted the DNC platform that year as her answer.

Now he has a record as president. That is all that counts and that is what we really should be voting on.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.7    9 months ago
Now he has a record as president. That is all that counts and that is what we really should be voting on.

Before people like me call out [Deleted,] you have been telling people that Biden is mentally "unfit" to be president. Now you say the only thing that counts is his record. I suppose that is progress. 

You claim he is bright [&] alert. That is on you.

Joe Biden is an elderly man . "Bright and alert" is a relative term in that case. He is noticeable physically stiff, and walks haltingly. When he speaks he sometimes gets "out over his skis" meaning he starts to talk before he has formed the sentence in his mind. So he ends up repeating bits and pieces of phrases and sentences. 

In the video Joe Biden speaks, with some specificity , about global warming and its relation to developing nations. For 6 minutes. I didnt have the slightest difficulty understanding him. Trump could not do that. One, he doesnt know anything about global warming, and two , he doesnt have an attention span of 6 minutes. 

Just stop. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.9  Vic Eldred  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.8    9 months ago
Now you say the only thing that counts is his record. I suppose that is progress. 

I have always said that. Even you once conceded that actions are more important than words.

Joe Biden is an elderly man . "Bright and alert" is a relative term in that case. He is noticeable physically stiff, and walks haltingly. When he speaks he sometimes gets "out over his skis" meaning he starts to talk before he has formed the sentence in his mind. So he ends up repeating bits and pieces of phrases and sentences. 

And some people leave their statements open to interpretation. The issue of his gaffs, storytelling, and outright lies is a secondary point until he actually makes a decision on his own. One could argue that the manner in which he left Afghanistan was entirely his. That is where fitness for office comes in. Did Putin use the Afghanistan debacle when calculating an invasion of Ukraine?  That decision had ramifications, but it is the policies that came from whoever is pulling the strings that really concerns me.

In the video Joe Biden speaks, with some specificity , about global warming and its relation to developing nations. For 6 minutes. I didnt have the slightest difficulty understanding him. Trump could not do that. One, he doesnt know anything about global warming, and two , he doesnt have an attention span of 6 minutes. 

Climate change is taking place, and we all agree on that, but Biden's climate policy has been INSANE and DESTRUCTIVE for the nation. Trump had the US self-sufficient in energy instead of us being dependent on the Arabs again. The latest from OPEC is that prices are going up. We are decades away from being able to support a system of electric vehicles. Then there is the matter of the 5 trillion that Biden added to the debt with was essentially a green new deal. That "deal" is now estimated to cost us even more than expected.  Do you still want to talk about Biden's climate policy?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
4.2.10  Vic Eldred  replied to  Vic Eldred @4.2.9    9 months ago

BTW the national oil reserve was built up by Trump and depleted by Biden.

Does anyone think that Biden can or will replenish the reserve?

For a minute I thought John wanted to talk about Biden's "climate policy."

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4.2.11  Greg Jones  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    9 months ago

You simply cannot handle the truth.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4    9 months ago
This seed is a hit piece on Biden. 

Sucks when people use your own tactics against you doesn't it.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.4  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @4    9 months ago

Who’s the president John? KJP or Biden? 

Aren’t you even a little embarrassed the president of our country can’t answer more than 5 pre selected “questions” before he has to be hidden from view?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.4.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.4    9 months ago

I'm embarrassed that we have a country where one political ideology lies and lies about a subject like Joe Biden without the slightest bit of embarrassment on their part. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
4.4.2  Ronin2  replied to  JohnRussell @4.4.1    9 months ago

The absolute stunning irony and hypocrisy of that statement is beyond the pale. 

You never met a Trump hit piece you didn't seed.

Brandon fucked up again; there is no denying it. But here you are again defending him.

Maybe he isn't the only one that needed sleep.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
4.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JohnRussell @4    9 months ago
The press secretary announces the press conference is ending. Big deal

He was barely even finished with the answer to the question at hand for fuck's sake and was doddering so they announced the end and cut the mic

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4    9 months ago

What movie had the line, "lying, dog-faced pony soldier"?

George
Junior Expert
4.6.1  George  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.6    9 months ago

It's a B comedy called the Biden presidency.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
5  Vic Eldred    9 months ago

Biden was speaking  in the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi  after two days at the G20 summit in New Delhi, India. He was answering a question about China's relationship with the United States before announcing that he was sleepy.

"But I tell you what, I don't know about you, but I'm going to go to bed," Biden said to a group of reporters.

President Biden wraps up rambling Vietnam presser in candid way: 'I'm gonna go to bed' | Fox News

He is old and tired, but he is only a figure head for the left. People who are blessed with the right to vote need to keep that in mind. When you vote for him, you are voting for the most radical elements in American society.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
6  Vic Eldred    9 months ago

"What did you talk about with Mr. Li? You said you spoke with the number two from China in India today," the reporter asked.

"Yeah, we talked…we talked about…we talked about it at the conference. Overall, we talked about stability," Biden said while appearing tired. "We talked about making sure that the Third World, the Third World….the Southern Hemisphere had access to change. It had access."

President Biden wraps up rambling Vietnam presser in candid way: 'I'm gonna go to bed' | Fox News

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  seeder  Sean Treacy    9 months ago

And today he lied about being at Ground Zero in NYC on September 12th, 2001.

but that's fine, I'm sure. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    9 months ago

Your point about his press secretary turning off his mic went unanswered.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.1.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    9 months ago
Your point about his press secretary turning off his mic went unanswered.

I think they've given up the pretense that Joe Biden is in control of anything at this point. He's a puppet they roll out for an hour here or there  when necessary and let him spend the rest of the time at the beach or napping

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
7.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    9 months ago

Worst kitchen fire ever.