╌>

50 New Comics By The Legendary Mark Parisi That Might Bring A Smile To Your Face

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  nerm-l  •  7 months ago  •  1 comments

By:   Hidrėlėy (Bored Panda)

50 New Comics By The Legendary Mark Parisi That Might Bring A Smile To Your Face
Sometimes all we need is a good laugh to make our problems feel less heavy.

Off The Mark on Newstalkers?  Seems like a natural fit.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Sometimes all we need is a good laugh to make our problems feel less heavy. And that's where humor comes in, making us smile and forget about our troubles, even if just for a little while.

If you're looking to add some joy to your day, you've come to the right place because Mark Parisi is back on Bored Panda with his "Off The Mark" cartoons! These comics are filled with good-hearted humor and clever observations that will surely bring a smile to your face.

"I've wanted to cartoon since I could hold a crayon. I was inspired by Charles Schulz and MAD Magazine, but it wasn't until Gary Larson came along that I realized the type of comics I should be doing. Now I'm inspired by everything that happens in life, from pets to pop culture to pandemics," the artist shared in a previous interview with Bored Panda.

001-64f872ef81b7f__700.jpg

Mark talked about how his comics began. He's been making "Off the Mark" comics since 1987. The artist started by putting them in small newspapers every week. "It's now nationwide in daily papers, as well as things like national greeting card lines," Mark said. You can find many 'Off the Mark' comic books on his website, and he also wrote a humorous middle-grade book series called Marty Pants, which is published by HarperCollins.

64f86f198a986__700.jpg

Mark has been creating cartoons for as long as he can recall. "I've explored other types of art but have always known I'm a cartoonist at heart. I live for combining words and drawings to tell a funny story. My goal is always to get a laugh or at least a smile. I'm not sure I would even draw at all if I couldn't use humor."

The National Cartoonists Society gave "Off the Mark" an award for being the best newspaper comic in 2008, 2011, 2017, and 2020. In 2013, they chose it as the top comic for greeting cards. In 2022, Mark won another award for his greeting cards called the Louie Award.

Mark's cards are sold by different companies like Recycled Paper Greetings, American Greetings, Oatmeal Studios, and NobleWorks.

64f8700bb5a07__700.jpg

Mark Parisi actively shares his funny comics on Instagram, where he has over 103,000 followers. You can join his fan group by checking out his comedy.

For more of Mark's work, check out our previous articles by clicking   here ,   here   and   here .

007-64f8733cc6fb5__700.jpg

64f86f2eb4f5c__700.jpg

64f8704e23b7d__700.jpg

64f86f1e7d68b__700.jpg

64f86f764d7db__700.jpg

64f86f2bd3c8e__700.jpg

044-64f8753e4f0bf__700.jpg

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Nerm_L    7 months ago

Don't confuse Off the Mark with 'missed the mark'.  That seems to be a common error.