╌>

Congress Warns That Gaetz And McCarthy Are Distracting From Important Work Of Voting Themselves Raises

Category:  The Zoo

Via:  gregtx  •  7 months ago  •  4 comments

Congress Warns That Gaetz And McCarthy Are Distracting From Important Work Of Voting Themselves Raises
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Members of the United States Congress have formally rebuked House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and Rep. Matt Gaetz for what they are calling "unnecessary infighting" that they claim is distracting from the important work of giving themselves raises.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WASHINGTON, D.C. — Members of the United States Congress have formally rebuked House Speaker Kevin McCarthy and Rep. Matt Gaetz for what they are calling "unnecessary infighting" that they claim is distracting from the important work of giving themselves raises.

"You guys need to cool it! All this fighting is hurting our bank accounts — er, um, I mean, our country," said esteemed representative Nancy Pelosi. "I've had to supplement my income with millions in back-door deals with lobbyists and insider trading. No one should have to live like this!"

House representatives and senators make approximately $174,000 a year, about the same as a UPS truck driver, or a McDonald's worker in California. Some lawmakers have resorted to delivering pizzas to local D.C. cocaine orgies to supplement their meager incomes.

In contrast to his colleagues, Rep. Thomas Massie has encouraged the fighting to continue. "It is my sincerest hope that the government becomes so gridlocked that we can't do anything. Only then will the American people be safe."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
PhD Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    7 months ago

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    7 months ago

Well, Gaetz got his wish and ousted McCarthy.

Wonder what he plans to do next, some kind of plan "B"?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
3  Sparty On    7 months ago
House representatives and senators make approximately $174,000 a year, about the same as a UPS truck driver, or a McDonald's worker in California.

But less than a poop sprayer in San Francisco with salary and benefits.

jrSmiley_36_smiley_image.gif

GregTx
PhD Guide
3.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Sparty On @3    7 months ago

jrSmiley_86_smiley_image.gif