╌>

Hillary Clinton Shreds Trump's MAGA 'Cult' With 'Formal Deprogramming' Call | HuffPost Latest News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  george  •  7 months ago  •  66 comments

By:   HuffPost

Hillary Clinton Shreds Trump's MAGA 'Cult' With 'Formal Deprogramming' Call | HuffPost Latest News
The Democratic 2016 candidate predicted Trump will likely be the GOP's 2024 nominee but also suggested when the Republican fever may break.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Hillary Clinton on Thursday ripped Donald Trump and said of his supporters that "maybe there needs to be a formal deprogramming of the cult members."

The former secretary of state and 2016 Democratic nominee told CNN's Christiane Amanpour that "clearly" there were some Republicans with common sense, evident by those who voted with Democrats to keep the government open.

"But I think they are intimidated" and "oftentimes … say and do things which they know better than to say or do, and it will require us defeating those most extreme measures and the people who promote them in order to try to get to some common ground where people can again work together," said Clinton.

Clinton recalled "very strong partisans in both parties in the past" but said, "There wasn't this little tail of extremism wagging the dog of the Republican Party as it is today."

She added, "And sadly, so many of those extremists, those MAGA extremists, take their marching orders from Donald Trump, who has no credibility left by any measure."

Watch the interview here:

Amanpour asked how the cult could be broken.

Clinton acknowledged that Trump would "likely" be the Republican 2024 nominee. "We have to defeat him and we have to defeat those who are the election deniers, as we did in 2020 and 2022, and we have to just be smarter about how we are trying to empower the right people inside the Republican Party," she said.

Trump is the "classic tale of an authoritarian, populist who really has a grip on the emotional and psychological needs" of his base and the "Make America Great Again" slogan was "a bid for nostalgia, to return to a place where people could be in charge of their lives."

"It is like a cult and somebody has to break that momentum," Clinton added, predicting a Biden victory in a possible 2020 replay, when "the fever will break" and the GOP can return to fighting on actual issues.

Lee Moran

Reporter, HuffPost

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

George
Junior Expert
1  seeder  George    7 months ago

Democrats floating the idea of re-education camps. Who didn't see this coming?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  George @1    7 months ago

Hillary doing her best to try and remain relevant in the Democratic Party. It's not working.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    7 months ago

These are  the people who spent a year rioting and destroying cities because they were bamboozled into believing cops kill thousands of unarmed  blacks people each year.   Heal thyself.

George
Junior Expert
2.1  seeder  George  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    7 months ago

We here many here screaming about “Insurrection” endlessly for almost 3 years now, but the definition of insurrection was met completely In Seattle and other cities and yet the hypocrites don’t seem to care about that. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     7 months ago

Yea, the FEMA camps are coming, this is great news.

evilone
Professor Guide
3.1  evilone  replied to  Kavika @3    7 months ago

I get the top bunk! 

George
Junior Expert
3.1.1  seeder  George  replied to  evilone @3.1    7 months ago

I’m sure you will pass Clintons purity test for ideology.

evilone
Professor Guide
3.1.2  evilone  replied to  George @3.1.1    7 months ago

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

George
Junior Expert
3.2  seeder  George  replied to  Kavika @3    7 months ago

Another ignorant comment, Hillary wants people deprogrammed, re-educated. Nobody said anything about FEMA camps. If you continue to troll you comments will be deleted.

[You have responded, George.  The topic is open for discussion, and further comments in this line will stand as long as they do not violate CoC.]

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Kavika   replied to  George @3.2    7 months ago
The  FEMA camps conspiracy theory  is a belief, particularly within the American  Patriot movement , [1]  that the United States  Federal Emergency Management Agency  (FEMA) is planning to imprison US citizens in  concentration camps , following the imposition of  martial law  in the United States after a major disaster or crisis. [1] [2] [3] [4]  In some versions of the theory, only suspected dissidents will be imprisoned. In more extreme versions, large numbers of US citizens will be imprisoned for the purposes of extermination as a  New World Order  is established. The theory has existed since the late 1970s, but its circulation has increased with the advent of the internet and  social media  platforms. [2]

The prefect spot for de programming and re education...

BTW that is not trolling simply adding to the article.

Cheers.

George
Junior Expert
3.2.2  seeder  George  replied to  Kavika @3.2.1    7 months ago

Adding is a stretch.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.3  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @3    7 months ago

my maga cult deprogramming device makes my ears ring when I use it...

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    7 months ago

I saw the comment Clinton made on video and figured someone on NT right would try to make hay from it. 

Her comment was more offhand than anything else, akin to spitballing. Her point was , nothing else has worked to rid our country of MAGA extremists , so maybe "de-programming" is needed. It was not a call to action , as much as some of you would like to imagine it is.

I have faith in you MAGA though, with a little effort you should be able to de-program yourselves. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4    7 months ago

It's Hillary.

Who gives a shit what the old broad says anymore?

Her 'time' has passed.

Trot out someone else, Democrats.

If you have anyone younger or smarter.

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1.1  evilone  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    7 months ago

Best post on the internet today! 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.2  Ozzwald  replied to  evilone @4.1.1    7 months ago
Best post on the internet today! 

Apparently George does since he seeded the article.

George
Junior Expert
4.1.3  seeder  George  replied to  Ozzwald @4.1.2    7 months ago

Since she speaks for the entire democrat party, we all should care that she wants internment camps like the democrats did to the Japanese.

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1.4  evilone  replied to  George @4.1.3    7 months ago
Since she speaks for the entire democrat party

Since when? She's never held any position in party leadership...ever. 

George
Junior Expert
4.1.5  seeder  George  replied to  evilone @4.1.4    7 months ago

Just channeling the liberal talking points. Anytime the Idiot Greene does or says anything we hear she is the voice of republicans, or when Gaetz or Jordan or anybody says anything stupid on the republican side we here this is the republican position.  Just returning the favor. She is as much the voice of the democrats as anybody I have mentioned is the voice of the republicans.

Just using the same tactics that are commonly used here.

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1.6  evilone  replied to  George @4.1.5    7 months ago
Just channeling the liberal talking points

Next time try logic and reason. 

Anytime the Idiot Greene does or says anything we hear she is the voice of republicans, or when Gaetz or Jordan or anybody says anything stupid on the republican side we here this is the republican position. Just returning the favor. She is as much the voice of the democrats as anybody I have mentioned is the voice of the republicans.

Tit-for-tat partisan bullshit is dumb. It's dumb when liberals do it - it's dumb when conservatives to it.

George
Junior Expert
4.1.7  seeder  George  replied to  evilone @4.1.6    7 months ago
Next time try logic and reason. 

Nobody will get it, with the exception of present company. maybe? 

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
4.1.8  Ozzwald  replied to  George @4.1.3    7 months ago
Since she speaks for the entire democrat party

Says who?

George
Junior Expert
4.2  seeder  George  replied to  JohnRussell @4    7 months ago
NT right would try to make hay from it. 

HAHAHAHAHAHA  this from some who lost their mind from "Poison the blood", to Stretch Armstrong it into a Hitler reference.

I can never figure out if trump is an insidious genus or a complete moron by the comments from the left.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4    7 months ago

I love how you try to mansplain Hillary's comments.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.3    7 months ago

I have a brain and I used it to understand other people's comments correctly.  Other people I know of should try it sometime. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.3.1    7 months ago

Well, sure. we can all make up our own version of "What Hillary Really Meant", but then that takes time away from explaining whatever falls out of Joe and Kamala's mouths.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
4.4  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4    7 months ago

She also observed that McCarthy "was not continuing to be captive to the far-right extremists.  So they toppled him".  Did she mean the 202 Dems that voted against him?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5  Jeremy Retired in NC    7 months ago

"But I think they are intimidated" 

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif She thinks.  That's hilarious.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6  JohnRussell    7 months ago

When you look at Trump rally interview videos, of which I have watched quite a few over the past 8 years, and look at social media , it is obvious that a portion of Trump supporters exist in a robotic , cult like daze in which they irrationally worship the traitor. They do need help to break the spell, but I'm convinced that many of them will go to their last days thinking Trump was the greatest thing since the grilled cheese sandwich. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6    7 months ago

Hillary apparently didn't learn anything from her 'deplorable' comment.

What a freaking moron!

evilone
Professor Guide
6.1.1  evilone  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    7 months ago

It's true that calling shitty people 'deplorable' makes them mad and they won't vote for that person. She should have told them they were 'fine people' and talked bad about them behind their backs like Trump did. That's how one gets the votes!

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.2  mocowgirl  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    7 months ago

I was puzzled why a career politician would make what I viewed as such a disastrous comment so I did some research on the psychology and effectiveness of using "shame" to control people.  I now believe that it was a calculated comment that backfired spectacularly mainly because it was used by one of the most hated and divisive presidential candidates in recent history.  I could research how other politicians have effectively used shame tactics to sway voters to join their herd, but people, who engage in identity politics, are the best example of how shame is constantly used in "debating" societal issues.

Shame on You! Do You Use Shame to Control Others? | Psychology Today

Shaming works. Unless the person we're trying to shame really couldn't care less what we think of her, almost everyone will respond to shaming in some way, although it will almost never be in a way that nourishes the relationship between the shamer and the shamee. Shame makes us feel terrible, like we're horrible people, broken, worthless, and disgusting. And when someone shames us, we lose respect for that person. Shaming, like sarcasm, is easy but damaging.

Brown defines shame as "the intense painful feeling or experience of believing we are flawed and therefore unworthy of acceptance and belonging." We are probably wired to feel shame because it keeps us in line with the rules of our society. When we break or flaunt the rules, we may be ostracized, which could mean death or at the very least, disconnection, which can feel worse than death. So the reason that shame works so well is because we're wired to connect to and to seek acceptance from others, and shame effectively withdraws that acceptance and connection. But, as the apple pie incident shows us, shame can embed itself in us deeply. Shaming words may never be forgotten, and shaming others, though it may be effective for behavior change, damages them and lowers us in their esteem. Who wants to be around someone who tries to make them feel ashamed?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.2    7 months ago

Hillary was fond of Saul Alinsky, and that sounds like one of his "Rules for Radicals".

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  evilone @6.1.1    7 months ago

I hear tell she regretted saying it, sure it cost her some votes.

Well, that was one thing besides her campaign strategy she screwed up which had been blamed for her loss.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1    7 months ago

I dont think she gives a shit. She's not running for anything. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.6  JohnRussell  replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.2    7 months ago

Just out of curiosity, what percentage of Trump supporters, if any, do you think are deplorable?  

Have you looked at any MAGA social media?

Is a person who continues to tell the lie that Jan 6th was a "guided tour" "deplorable" in your estimation ? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.7  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.5    7 months ago

She obviously gives a shit or she would stop trying to still be relevant.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.8  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @6.1.7    7 months ago

She doesnt give a shit about offending you. I thought that was obvious. 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.9  mocowgirl  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.6    7 months ago
Just out of curiosity, what percentage of Trump supporters, if any, do you think are deplorable?  

From those I personally know of both Trump or Clinton supporters - the majority.

Have you looked at any MAGA social media?

No.  Just reading a smattering of US and UK political and social news via MSN, CNN, the Daily Mail, Forbes, etc. provides me enough insight into the ineptness and corruption of governments.  The criminal reports of the atrocities committed by criminals drive me to spend the majority of my time researching human psychology - which makes me an advocate for building nicer prison s for the mentally ill where they can be permanently removed from society for everyone's benefit.

Is a person who continues to tell the lie that Jan 6th was a "guided tour" "deplorable" in your estimation ? 

I have never followed anything about Jan 6th - nor do I plan to.  So I cannot discuss it at this time.  

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.1.10  JohnRussell  replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.9    7 months ago
I have never followed anything about Jan 6th - nor do I plan to. 

Thats interesting, I guess. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
6.1.11  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @6.1.8    7 months ago

Nor does she give a shit about you.

You are just an older, woke, white male whose vote is taken for granted by the Democratic Party.

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
6.1.12  afrayedknot  replied to  mocowgirl @6.1.9    7 months ago

“I have never followed anything about Jan 6th - nor do I plan to“…”

Let me preface my response by saying I have always appreciated your commentary.

That being said, to willingly ignore what occurred on that sad day, and the ramifications that resonate to this day is to ignore reality. You’ve never ignored what we collectively face, so please don’t align yourself with those who but parrot the partisan line.

Peace. 

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
6.1.13  mocowgirl  replied to  afrayedknot @6.1.12    7 months ago
You’ve never ignored what we collectively face, so please don’t align yourself with those who but parrot the partisan line. Peace. 

Thank you for kindness and reply. 

A decade ago, I embroiled my life in partisan politics online and offline.  My mind and health suffered because of the fear and anger I willingly subjected myself as I dived into one rabbit hole after another. 

I am not going to detail all of the rabbit holes, but I rarely take much at face value so if something interests me, I research it pretty thoroughly.  If it matters to me, I leave no stone unturned.

I found a lot of nothing in far too many rabbit holes from 2016-2018 to further waste my time and effort on what ifs, maybes and might have happeneds with Trump.

It is up to the CIA, FBI, Homeland Security and special investigators to make the case against Trump.  If they can't do it, then I really don't give a damn.  It is above my level of research ability.  It is up to the political parties to sway voters from Trump by actually enacting legislation that the majority of voters support.  From what I am reading/watching, there is a move to the right in European politics currently as people are demanding secure borders and an end to massive migration.  

It is not worth my mental and physical health to argue the same old, same old.  I need to learn "new" things even if it means that I wind up in a non-productive rabbit hole or two.

Again, thank you for your kindness.

Peace.

Tonight I will share a fairly short meditation video that I find beneficial as a way to end my day occasionally.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
6.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  JohnRussell @6    7 months ago
 it is obvious that a portion of Trump supporters exist in a robotic , cult like daze in which they irrationally worship the traitor.

Would that be in contrast to the shreiking, rabid lemming who have run with every fictional hoax thrown out there and have been trying to cover for the bumbling idiot who has taken money from our the likes of China and Ukraine?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @6    7 months ago

I'm sure that you've watched him much more than me, as I find him boring.  Maybe your right about worshiping him, I've thought that it was more the hate that they have for the elite, political class that clearly sees them with deep disdain. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.3    7 months ago

5472.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=27144a1a9a17ae0a2e3c3e28a2d907c8 maxresdefault.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

image.jpg?width=980

OIP.TXPEEKzWNzIh5F09KP6R6QHaEK?w=313&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

OIP.dqX8abaQp65C95rTL1HT2wHaFW?w=252&h=182&c=7&r=0&o=5&pid=1.7

trump-god.jpg

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.3.2  JohnRussell  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3.1    7 months ago

How badly does your soul have to be wounded to cause you to worship Donald Trump? We should try to help these tortured deluded people if we can, but not at the expense of our country and our democracy. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.3  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3.1    7 months ago

Wow …. Look at all that rent free advertising living in your head.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.4  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3.2    7 months ago

Your comments get more hyperbolic every day.

No thinking person takes you serious any more.    I do miss the JR that made sense at times but it appears the TDS brain rot is complete.

Too bad.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.3.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @6.3.4    7 months ago
No thinking person takes you serious any more.  

Are you trying to say that MAGA is an empty void?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.3.6  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @6.3.3    7 months ago

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.7  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3.5    7 months ago

Nope, my comments speaks for itself.

My advice to you is to stop projecting ….

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.8  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3.6    7 months ago

Rent free …. Amazing

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.3.9  JohnRussell  replied to  Sparty On @6.3.8    7 months ago

I seem to live in your head rent free. 

See how that works ? 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
6.3.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3.1    7 months ago

You collect Trump photos?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
6.3.11  JohnRussell  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @6.3.10    7 months ago

It takes about a minute so I do it when the situation calls for it. 

I dont save them and frame them though, thats the trumpster's job. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.12  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3.9    7 months ago

Wrong again.

See how that shit works …..

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.3.13  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @6.3.11    7 months ago

You think more about Trump in one day than I do in a month or two.    Truth be told, when I’m thinking about Trump, it is almost always because some TDS ridden fool is whining Trump this, Trump that.

Otherwise, I could care less since he isn’t the one screwing up the country right now and getting a free pass from all his Bidenettes.

JBB
Professor Principal
7  JBB    7 months ago

original

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
8  JohnRussell    7 months ago

This whole article and whole theme seems to be designed to take attention off our national traitor DJT. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
8.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @8    7 months ago

Some people think every article not about Trump is a distraction. Why can't liberals focus more instead of being so easily distracted?

Sparty On
Professor Principal
8.2  Sparty On  replied to  JohnRussell @8    7 months ago

No worries of that here.

Not with constant TDS ridden whine that proliferates this place nearly every day.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
9  Snuffy    7 months ago

first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10  Sparty On    7 months ago

Hillary is an evil bitch of a sea hag.

Always has been but at least her useful idiots still love her.

Talk about a cult ……

George
Junior Expert
10.1  seeder  George  replied to  Sparty On @10    7 months ago
sea hag.

I just got a PM, sea hags are demanding an apology for that unfair comparison.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
10.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  George @10.1    7 months ago

My bad.    

My apologies to Sea Hag Local 666 ……