╌>

Jewish Communities Attacked Around the World Following Israel Bloodshed

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  michael-c  •  7 months ago  •  5 comments

By:   ALEKS PHILLIPS

Jewish Communities Attacked Around the World Following Israel Bloodshed
Several incidents have so far been recorded in Britain, where the authorities have stepped up protective measures, but early reports suggest possible instances of hate in Paris and New York as well.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Israeli emergency responders cordon off the site of a rocket attack

in the southern Israeli city of Ashdod on October 9, 2023.

Despite holding Jews collectively responsible for the actions of the state of Israel being an example of antisemitism cited by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's working definition of Jew-hate, there are early suggestions that some are already doing just that.

On Monday, the British newspaper   Jewish News   reported that a Kosher restaurant in a predominantly Jewish part of London had been vandalized, with a door smashed in. Nearby bridges had been graffitied with the words "Free Palestine."

"There is no tolerance for hate in our city," Mayor of London   Sadiq Khan   wrote   in response. "I remain in close contact with the Met Police. Whoever did this will face the full force of the law.

The Community Security Trust, a U.K.-based charity that provides security to Jewish institutions, said it was "already seeing incidents of racist antisemitism against Jewish people and property in response to the awful terror attack in Israel."

Elsewhere, video footage online appears to show a man being detained by police outside the gates of Beth Hanna Jewish school in Paris's 19th arrondissement. The person who posted the clip alleged the man had been impersonating a Jew and had been found to have "several knives" on him.

Meanwhile, images of demonstrators at a pro-Palestinian rally in New York City's Times Square on Sunday show one protester holding up an image of a Nazi swastika on his phone during the event. Displaying a swastika in New York is considered a hate crime and a criminal offense.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
1  seeder  Michael C.    7 months ago

Despite holding Jews collectively responsible for the actions of the state of Israel being an example of antisemitism cited by the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance's working definition of Jew-hate, there are early suggestions that some are already doing just that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Michael C. @1    7 months ago
Despite holding Jews collectively responsible for the actions of the state of Israel being an example of antisemitism

I had never thought of it like that, but that is spot on.

What some people fail to realize is that Israel is between a rock and a hard place.

Without inflicting some civilian casualties (surely never the intent), there is really no other way for Israel to defend itself against the Hamas terrorists.  The cowardly terrorists imbed themselves among the civilians. Until Palestinians remove Hamas, they will continue to die, unfortunately. Talk of diplomatic solutions is worthless at this point.  You can't negotiate with terrorists.  Hamas doesn't want any two-state solution, it wants to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

There will be those in the world community that will condemn Israel's methods of defending itself when civilian casualties pile up.

I regret the loss of life but see no other solution except what Israel is doing.

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
1.1.1  seeder  Michael C.  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1    7 months ago

Consider also the horrendous loss of Israeli l ife if they go in. And in addition-- IMO they will not demolish Hamas. There are too many of them, and they've been preparing for this for a long time.

For starters, they have this amazing underground tunnel net work. 

And they know the terrain.

And they are well armed.

And once they invade that could trigger the killing of hostages.

And while there's a lot of irrational hatred of Israel around the world-- mass deaths of Gazans will make it worse.

So what to do? Here's a move I think would be brilliant: now that there's a really huge buildup of Israeli fiorces...and reserves...just let them sit there a few days. Then announce that they won't invade because Israel, unlike Hamas, has too much respect for human life. And-- not invade. (Which will totally defeat Hamas' plans. 

And let all the troops and equipment sit there for a few days. That will confuse Hamas.

Occasionally destroy another building every so often. Perhaps work with Egypt to open their border And let people out. (Figure out some way to avoid terrorists entering Egypt. Maybe ship them out imediately to some other countries. Maybe to Brizilian towns (or Paraguy!) where they can have new friends with old German Nazis.

But Netanyahu isn't a very good chess player... jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
1.1.2  seeder  Michael C.  replied to  Michael C. @1.1.1    7 months ago

P.S: This plan is based on an assumption that there's no way that Israel can eliminate Hamas totally at this time. 

But hopefully some residents of Gaza will finally realize that hey-- maybe it wasn't such a great idea to invade zIsrael and do that massacre after all!

P.S: #2-- I assume most people here didn't listen to Bidens's speech. It blew my mind. I guess I was expecting some variation of "There are good people on both sides". But it was astoudingly strong in support of Israel. I believe what the crazies are doing on college campuses, etc, he won't back down.

And then what Bliken did when he spoke to Israelis.

Michael C.
Freshman Expert
2  seeder  Michael C.    7 months ago

Displaying a swastika in New York is considered a hate crime 

A bit off topic-- but I have to say, I've seen Swastikas publically displayed in New York.(Although the context was different-- it was some Falun Gong people practicing in a park). These people are non-violent and peace loving.