╌>

Cluelessness of Palestinian Supporters in US Colleges

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  drakkonis  •  7 months ago  •  4 comments

By:   Al Jazeera

Cluelessness of Palestinian Supporters in US Colleges
For those protesting against Israel’s war in Gaza, free speech is becoming more and more dangerous.

Al Jazeera does a good job of making this propaganda piece. Rather than speaking about the validity of the statements these college groups made concerning Israel being solely responsible for what's going on, they try to deflect the issue to one of free speech. 

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
1  seeder  Drakkonis    7 months ago
Unfortunately, it doesn’t surprise me one bit. In fact, also on Brooklyn campus several years ago, we had something similar to that. One day, people came to campus and that morning, people who were part of Students for Justice in Palestine or certain faculty members, posters had been made of their faces and they had been plastered up on telephone poles just outside of the campus. I think the people who are behind these actions, the context for the people who are at Harvard University it’s, again, meant to intimidate people into silence, right? It’s meant to say that  if you want to hold an opinion that Palestinian lives matter then we’re going to try to ruin the rest of your life. Because it means that people will not only will they have fear for their daily life because their names and images and addresses have been exposed but it also has implications for what kind of jobs they might be applying for in the future. It has implications, things, as we know also, things never go away off of the internet and so it’s an attempt to, really, intimidate people into silence.

The portion of this quote that defines what this Al Jazeera video is attempting to do is in the middle of the quote:

It’s meant to say that  if you want to hold an opinion that Palestinian lives matter then we’re going to try to ruin the rest of your life.

This is completely untrue. It’s meant to convey the idea that if you hold an extremist view, such as Israel being solely responsible for what is happening in the Middle East and other SJP statements made over the years, then we’re going to make damn sure people know about who you are and what you believe. I see little difference between the pushback SJP is receiving over this issue and the pushback white supremacists received over Charlottsville. Extremism should receive pushback. For more information about SJP and related groups:

After that, Al Jazeera further attempts to misdirect by attempting to connect the tragic stabbing death of a six year old Palestinian/American boy and the stabbing injury of his mother by their landlord to the pushback SJP is receiving. This seems to me a sort of sick “stolen valor”, attempting to drape themselves with the tragedy of such a horrific crime as if they were the actual victims. Ironically, SJP doesn’t seem to understand the murderer carried the same sort of hatred in his heart as the people SJP supports.

As far as the doxing issue, I’m not generally a fan, but I think it has its valid uses given the correct conditions. I think white supremacists who attempt to inflict society with their ideology should be doxed, for instance. If you don’t have the courage of your convictions enough to stand doxing, then you should probably keep it to yourself.

As for the SJP, what they are doing affects the lives of others, most specifically, Israelis. They literally support what Hamas has done. They want more of it to happen. They want the destruction of Israel. If you can’t handle mere doxing compared to what you promote as valid to do to someone else, you probably should keep your mouth shut or rethink your life.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
2  Sparty On    7 months ago

College kids don’t know what they don’t know yet.

Perfect useful idiot material for radical academia to brainwash.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3  Sean Treacy    7 months ago

Its more acceptable to say "gas the jews" than it is to say "there are only two genders" on many campuses. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
3.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @3    7 months ago

Lets see all your examples of college groups saying "gas the Jews" .  This shouldnt take long.