╌>

B-52s won't play Australian state dinner against backdrop of Israel war

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  gregtx  •  last year  •  13 comments

B-52s won't play Australian state dinner against backdrop of Israel war
New wave band the B-52s will no longer entertain President Joe Biden's guests at the Australian state dinner given recent world events, according to first lady Jill Biden.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

New wave band the B-52s will no longer entertain President Joe Biden's guests at the Australian state dinner given recent world events, according to first lady Jill Biden.

"While we had initially planned for the legendary B-52s to perform their iconic dance and party music, we are now in a time when so many are facing sorrow and pain," the first lady said Tuesday during a state dinner preview.

The B-52s will now attend as guests, and the President's Own Marine Band and the Army and Air Force Strolling Strings will provide instrumental music for the dinner.

"The United States and Australia may stand on opposite sides of the globe, different hemispheres, different seasons," the first lady said. "But despite our distance, we share so much a dedication to democracy, a reverence for freedom, a devotion to a quality, and a love for the natural wonders of our nation."

White House national security spokesman John Kirby was pressed earlier Tuesday on the appropriateness of hosting a celebration two weeks after the Oct. 7 Hamas terrorist attacks on Israel and as approximately 10 Americans remain unaccounted for.

"Being president of the United States means balancing an awful lot of priorities and challenges, whether they're domestic or foreign," he said. "But the president is managing it really, really well."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
Professor Guide
2  seeder  GregTx    last year

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1  Krishna  replied to  GregTx @2    last year

OMG-- that brings back memories! (I was somewhat of a B-52s fan at the time!)

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @2.1    last year

Here's another I really liked:

PRIVATE IDAHO

(Gotta love that hairstyle!)

shona1
Professor Quiet
2.2  shona1  replied to  GregTx @2    last year

Absolutely detest that song..they should use it as a form of interrogation..😬😬

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2.1  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @2.2    last year
Absolutely detest that song.

Actually that may be the idea behind most of iheir stuff-- I thinks its supposed to be a satire of the shallowness and crassness of most Americans' life.

shona1
Professor Quiet
3  shona1    last year

Evening..

Crikey..she makes it sound like we are from a different planet..oops oh...wait..my bad..

Hope they are serving Vegemite sangas...

Pure gold..🦘🐨🦘🐨🦘384

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @3    last year
she makes it sound like we are from a different planet

If you follow American politics it will seem like most politicians (at least most Republicans in the House-- the ones who keep "shooting themselves in the foot"-- are from an alternative Universe.

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @3.1    last year
most politicians (at least most Republicans in the House-

"Need More Vegemite" (Yes-- they're beyond mere cowbells at this point!)

Sangas? Definitely!!!

shona1
Professor Quiet
3.1.2  shona1  replied to  Krishna @3.1    last year

Evening Krishna..I try not to follow politics neither here nor there...

They have all got their snouts in the trough and in it for what they can get out of it..never seen a poor politician yet...

I would rather watch paint dry quite frankly and good you have a mute button on the tv for when they come on flapping their gums..😁

Krishna
Professor Expert
3.1.3  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @3.1.2    last year

Hi Shona.

I agree. in fact I've gotten to the point where I don't watch the news much-- at least the politics. 

But recently its gotten even worse. 

shona1
Professor Quiet
3.1.4  shona1  replied to  Krishna @3.1.3    last year

No I don't either..

Unfortunately we have very few decent politicians here now..but have to say we are no where near as bad as your mob..yet..😬

shona1
Professor Quiet
3.2  shona1  replied to  shona1 @3    last year

There you go..

Veggie is 100 years old today..

Best thing out since sliced bread...

🎊🎉🎂🧁

GregTx
Professor Guide
4  seeder  GregTx    last year