╌>

Trump calls Michael Cohen ‘a proven liar’ at $250 million civil fraud trial

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  tig  •  7 months ago  •  24 comments

By:   Politico

Trump calls Michael Cohen ‘a proven liar’ at $250 million civil fraud trial
Well he is a proven liar as you know.  He is a felon. He served a lot of time for lying ...

This will be the new prime example of the pot calling the kettle black.

Just amazing that this guy can utter these words.   More amazing that there are some who believe him.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Transcript:

What do you think about Michael Cohen testifying today?

Well he is a proven liar as you know.  He is a felon.  He served a lot of time for lying, and we're going to just go in and see.  And I think you'll see that yourself.  The southern district came out with a scathing statement about it.  So he's a liar trying to get a better deal for himself.  But it's not going to work.  This case, by any other judge, this case would have been over a long time ago.  We did nothing wrong and that's concluded.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1  seeder  TᵢG    7 months ago

Trump on Cohen:

Well he is a proven liar as you know.  He is a felon.  He served a lot of time for lying ...

Not sure we can generate thicker irony than this.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @1    7 months ago

I'd probably wait for his supporters to make some comments here before making that call...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  devangelical @1.1    7 months ago

Yeah, looks like this is another fact of reality that will be ignored.   Confirmation bias rules.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1    7 months ago
Not sure we can generate thicker irony than this.

How so? When was Trump convicted of a crime let alone "served a lot of time" incarcerated? Great stretch though.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.1  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2    7 months ago
How so? When was Trump convicted of a crime let alone "served a lot of time" incarcerated? Great stretch though.

You really need someone to explain this to you?

Trump called Cohen a proven liar.   Do you not understand that Trump is likely the most prolific, well-known liar in the USA today?  You do not see the irony??

Trump deemed Cohen's felony conviction to be a bad thing.   Trump is himself facing felony convictions that are far more serious than Cohen's fraud conviction.   You do not see the irony of someone indicted for numerous felony counts badmouthing a Cohen for being convicted of a felony?   And worse, Cohen's felonies were in service to Trump.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.1    7 months ago

Answer the fucking question if you don't mind..........................thanks

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.3  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.2    7 months ago

You need someone to explain to you my answer to your question??

How is it possible that you cannot see the answer I gave you?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2    7 months ago

Exactly.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.3    7 months ago

I understand Trump is a liar. I am talking about the whole of your comment. If you wanted to base it upon him being a liar, you should have stopped there but you didn't. Answer the rest.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.6  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.5    7 months ago

Read my comment, Jim.   I directly addressed that:  

TiG @1.2.1Trump deemed Cohen's felony conviction to be a bad thing.   Trump is himself facing felony convictions that are far more serious than Cohen's fraud conviction.   You do not see the irony of someone indicted for numerous felony counts badmouthing a Cohen for being convicted of a felony?   And worse, Cohen's felonies were in service to Trump.

If you still cannot see how I answered your question then I ask someone else here to explain it to you.   I am confident others do indeed understand what I wrote and how that directly answered all parts of your question.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.7  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.6    7 months ago

I see it just fine. So Trump is indicted. In other words, accused. NOT proven. Did I miss Trump being convicted and spending time behind bars? You are basing your whole argument on "but he's going to" bullshit. intellectually dishonest. Just like people did when he got elected.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.8  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.7    7 months ago

Nobody claimed that Trump is currently a felon.

The irony is that Trump is currently under indictment with 91 felony counts yet he is bad-mouthing Cohen for being a felon.    Trump does not need to be a current convicted felon for this to be irony.

See?   This is beyond obvious.

You are just making another dishonest strawman.   You have inserted the lie that I have argued that Trump is going to be a felon when I made no such comment.

I suggest you tone down the emotions, cease with the strawman nonsense, and deal honestly with people.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.9  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.8    7 months ago
I suggest you tone down the emotions, cease with the strawman nonsense, and deal honestly with people.

I suggest you tone down the condescending suggestions (you aren't my mom RIP), Cease with your badgering until everyone agrees with you, and step down from your "I'm always right" high horse and maybe more people would engage. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.2.10  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.9    7 months ago

Don't write stupid comments that beg for a basic explanation.

You are the one who came into this seed asking me to explain the simple concept of why Trump bad-mouthing Cohen as a proven liar and convicted felon is irony.

You are the one who refused to recognize my direct answer to your question.

You are the one who then dishonestly claimed that my answer presumed Trump will be convicted when clearly I made no such comment.

Everyone other than you and Texan had no problem seeing the dripping irony in Trump's statement.    Nobody needed me to explain the obvious to them.   Nobody else dishonestly misrepresented my answer.

Just you.   

So cease with your whining and engage thoughtfully or leave this seed.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.2.11  JBB  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @1.2.9    7 months ago

Yet here you are being all condescending, dismissive and bossy as hell to TiG on TiG's seeded article as if you ran things!

Where do you get off calling others rude?

[deleted]

evilone
Professor Guide
1.2.12  evilone  replied to  TᵢG @1.2.10    7 months ago
...asking me to explain the simple concept of why Trump bad-mouthing Cohen as a proven liar and convicted felon is irony.

Let's not forget Cohen was convicted of lying on Trump's behalf either.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
1.2.13  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @1.2.11    7 months ago

comment removed for context [ph]

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     7 months ago

OMG, the irony is overwhelming.

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB    7 months ago

Trump is the epitome of someone with Special Snowflake Syndrome!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
4  Trout Giggles    7 months ago

"We did nothing wrong and that's concluded"???????????????

I don't think that's the final word

Wishful_thinkin
Freshman Silent
5  Wishful_thinkin    7 months ago

Trump calling someone else a proven liar is hilarious.  Talk about projection.  

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  Wishful_thinkin @5    7 months ago

On top of that, demeaning Cohen for being a convicted felon (due to his service to Trump) while Trump himself has been indicted currently on 91 felony charges.

Just incredible.   And then to have people not be able to comprehend the irony of this ... just shows how crazy the GOP world has become given its Trump infection.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.1  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @5.1    7 months ago

trump has no sympathy for those foolish enough to have done prison time for him...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5.1.2  seeder  TᵢG  replied to  devangelical @5.1.1    7 months ago

Trump does not care about anyone other than Trump.   But apparently Trump is pretending that he does not have 91 felony charges that could easily make him a felon too.