╌>

School tells parents it will NOT be providing litter trays for pupils who identify as cats and warns 'this kind of behaviour is not acceptable'

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  10 months ago  •  17 comments

By:   Oliver Price

School tells parents it will NOT be providing litter trays for pupils who identify as cats and warns 'this kind of behaviour is not acceptable'
A school in South Wales was forced to say it will not give litter trays to pupils

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A school sent a letter home to parents to warn it is refusing to provide litter trays for any pupil 'who might want to identify as a cat.'

The 1,000-pupil high school - boasting a string of famous alumni including Hollywood star Sir Anthony Hopkins and international rugby players - wrote to parents 'regarding the use of litter trays' alongside toilets.

Baffled parents received the letter to say there would be no provision for 'pupils who might identify as an animal of any kind.'

Council chiefs said that special treatment for any pupil who identifies as 'an animal of any kind' was 'not acceptable.

Ofsted later carried out an inspection of Rye College after an intervention by equalities minister Kemi Badenoch.

Mrs Badenoch urged Ofsted to take action over alleged 'safeguarding issues' and claimed the teacher, who told two 13-year-old girls there are 'lots of genders', breached the legal requirement for political impartiality in classrooms.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    10 months ago

A school sent a letter home to parents to warn it is refusing to provide litter trays for any pupil 'who might want to identify as a cat.'

The 1,000-pupil high school - boasting a string of famous alumni including Hollywood star Sir  Anthony Hopkins  and international rugby players - wrote to parents 'regarding the use of litter trays' alongside toilets.

shona1
Professor Quiet
1.1  shona1  replied to  Krishna @1    10 months ago

Sounds like the school is putting its best paw forward..😺😺

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    10 months ago

West Monmouth School in Pontypool, South Wales was forced to contact mums and dads to deny claims that cat litter trays are set to be provided for 'furries' - pupils identifying as pets.

Baffled parents received the letter to say there would be no provision for 'pupils who might identify as an animal of any kind.'

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    10 months ago

Deputy headteacher of West Monmouth School, Claire Hughes wrote: 'It has come to our attention that there appears to be a number of queries and concerns raised within the community regarding the use of litter trays at West Monmouth School.

'I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that we do not and will not be planning on providing any litter trays at the school.

This comes after 'Britain's toughest headteacher' Katharine Birbalsingh warned in June that children identifying as cats are wearing 'tails and ears' in class.

GregTx
Professor Guide
4.1  GregTx  replied to  Krishna @4    10 months ago

Jack_TX
Professor Quiet
5  Jack_TX    10 months ago

The funny thing is that some people will think this is just now going too far.

Krishna
Professor Expert
5.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Jack_TX @5    10 months ago
The funny thing is that some people will think this is just now going too far.

When I first saw this article I had thought it was a satire...but its actually true. 

shona1
Professor Quiet
5.1.1  shona1  replied to  Krishna @5.1    10 months ago

Evening..yes I was looking for satire as well as I have been caught before..

Then I checked the date..nope not April fools day either...

Hmmm I know the Welsh are a bit strange at times but this really takes the cat food..🐾🐾

shona1
Professor Quiet
6  shona1    10 months ago

Morning...well if the little dears are identifying as cats then I would be making sure to serve them up cat food at their school lunch time..

No cat I know can consume burger and chips..😁😁

Krishna
Professor Expert
6.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  shona1 @6    10 months ago
well if the little dears are identifying as cats then I would be making sure to serve them up cat food at their school lunch time..

jrSmiley_10_smiley_image.gif

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
6.2  arkpdx  replied to  shona1 @6    10 months ago
I would be making sure to serve them up cat food at their school lunch time..

Dry kibble or canned wet? Is SMALLS available in Wales?

shona1
Professor Quiet
6.2.1  shona1  replied to  arkpdx @6.2    10 months ago

Arvo Arky...wet food so they can put it on toast..

Texan1211
Professor Principal
7  Texan1211    10 months ago

So it isn't just America gone crazy, we have some company.

Yay.

Krishna
Professor Expert
7.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Texan1211 @7    10 months ago

So it isn't just America gone crazy, we have some company.

For some reason I had also assumed this sort of nonsense only happenedin the U.S. But apparently itsin other cluntries as well.

I've seen a lot of people using pronouns like he, she or even he,she,they...but this is the first time I've heard of someone "identifying" as a cat!

(I think I will want to identify as a dinosaur: Krishna he, she, tyrannosaurus, they ????)

shona1
Professor Quiet
7.1.1  shona1  replied to  Krishna @7.1    10 months ago

Well I want to identify as a Great White..

What do you call debris caught in a Great Whites teeth??

Slow swimmers..😁😁🦈🦈

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.1.2  arkpdx  replied to  Krishna @7.1    10 months ago

I identify as a 21year old. Unfortunately my 70 year old body isn't cooperating. jrSmiley_1_smiley_image.png

devangelical
Professor Principal
8  devangelical    10 months ago

a misinformation campaign like this one hit a rwnj county in colorado right before a school board election a few years back. by the time anyone had figured out it was the creation of rwnj thumper activists, and since the school district hadn't pushed back on the blizzard of bullshit, the election did swing to the party of book burners and bathroom monitors. these activists had used social media to plant the ideas of school supplied water dishes, collars, leashes, and providing cat boxes in the restrooms in order to fool the clueless conservative morons whose votes the right wing faction so badly needed. you'd think it would be all happy endings after that, but sadly no, the activists went off the thumper deep end, even for the morons that voted for them, and suffered some pious losses in the most recent election. moms4liberty, like almost everywhere else, got bent over and driven home on election night.