╌>

Trans HS Volleyball Player Gives Female Competitor Concussion, Ending Her Final Season Early - State of the Union

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  6 months ago  •  21 comments

By:   Jordan Andrews (State of the Union)

Trans HS Volleyball Player Gives Female Competitor Concussion, Ending Her Final Season Early - State of the Union
A California high school volleyball player's season ended after she suffered a head injury competing against a transgender athlete. The girl's father expressed frustration and powerlessness over the incident, and is now part of a group seeking change at a local level. "From a distance it seemed like a boy dressed in a girl's volleyball […]

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By

Jordan Andrews

A California high school volleyball player's season ended after she suffered a head injury competing against a transgender athlete.

The girl's father expressed frustration and powerlessness over the incident, and is now part of a group seeking change at a local level.

"From a distance it seemed like a boy dressed in a girl's volleyball uniform," Luis said.

A father has come forward to reveal that his daughter suffered a head injury after playing school volleyball against a team with a trans-identified male student.

"My kid ended up not being able to play for the remainder of her senior year."https://t.co/Cmy1YSvKGu

— REDUXX (@ReduxxMag) November 30, 2023

"I told my wife that this was not fair. I felt frustrated that, in an indirect way, I was now supporting someone's gender confusion. To boot, they were now playing against my daughter and her teammates."

"Another parent turned to me and said, 'Did you see that? She was hit by that boy?'" he recalled.

"I had missed the actual hit, but felt the weight of everyone staring at me, including the opposing team," Luis added.

"She was playing for fun, and this was her final year doing it. She felt robbed. I felt deflated and powerless," Luis said.

"At what point does someone's gender dysphoria cross the empathy boundary? In my case … my daughter was injured."

A representative of the Independent Council on Women's Sports blamed California Governor Gavin Newsom for allowing boys to compete in girls' sports, leading to injuries and unfairness.

"The Governor dismisses situations like this girl's career-ending injury as unimportant to him," the the Independent Council on Women's Sports said of Gavin Newsom.

"[Newsom] believes the well-being of 'so few' boys is paramount when measured next to safety and fairness for girls. These boys are 'Gavin's Golden Boys.' They are allowed to do whatever they want and girls are acceptable collateral damage."

"It's time to stand up, speak up, and sue. Putting girls at known increased risk and stealing their opportunities is unethical."

Similar incidents of injury to female competitors from trans players have been reported in other states.

Red Box Rules

No memes, Trump, or fascist nonsense

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    6 months ago

Let's hear all about how Democratic policies regarding transgenders in sports are helping women. 

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1  JBB  replied to  Texan1211 @1    6 months ago

No, let's set our hair on fire over a handful of trans athletes who have minimal consequences in a few sports as sanctioned by leagues...

Over something rare and merely consequential to haters and bigots!

After all, what more important issue is there to get perturbed over?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  JBB @1.1    6 months ago
handful of trans athletes who have minimal consequences in a few sports as sanctioned by leagues..

Brain injury...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1    6 months ago

I am almost positive that the girl injured by the boy feels better knowing you and fellow progressives support her and her safety.

/s

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JBB @1.1    6 months ago
After all, what more important issue is there to get perturbed over?

A ten year boy old wearing face paint and a headdress to a football game.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.4  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.1    6 months ago

Hey, come on, man, it's just a girl getting hurt, after all, no need to panic.

Nothing to see here, males and females often compete against each other in physical sports.......

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.3    6 months ago
A ten year boy old wearing face paint and a headdress to a football game.

Now THAT is certainly something to lose your shit over.

How DARE some kid support his team?!?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.4    6 months ago

It shouldn’t require being Trans, if the school doesn’t offer Boys Volleyball, then Title IX should allow boys to try out for the team.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.6    6 months ago
It shouldn’t require being Trans, if the school doesn’t offer Boys Volleyball, then Title IX should allow boys to try out for the team.

I don't think it quite works like that.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1.8  JBB  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1.1    6 months ago

Injuries are suffered in sports regardless!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    6 months ago

I think the kid triggered folks on purpose, did you see that smirk on his face.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.9    6 months ago
I think the kid triggered folks on purpose, did you see that smirk on his face.

Probably learned it all from that damn racist Covington kid, huh?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.11  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @1.1.8    6 months ago
Injuries are suffered in sports regardless!

True, injuries occur---especially when males compete against females.

Males are inherently stronger, it's just science and biology, man.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.12  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.10    6 months ago

Exactly, Nicholas Sandmann triggered that poor Native American Vet, Nathan Phillips.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.13  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.12    6 months ago
Exactly, Nicholas Sandmann triggered that poor Native American Vet, Nathan Phillips.

I think Sandmann showed remarkable restraint.

I don't know if I could have just stood there while an idiot banged a drum inches from my face.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.13    6 months ago

Phillips ceremonial drum beats and softly chanting were meant to defuse the situation.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.15  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.14    6 months ago

You'd think someone as old as he was would know better than to antagonize others deliberately like that.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
1.1.16  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.15    6 months ago

Probably was the PTSD from all the USMC action he saw in Nam.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2  charger 383    6 months ago

Transgender is not a transfer portal for a mediocre male player to play in an easier league 

JBB
Professor Principal
2.1  JBB  replied to  charger 383 @2    6 months ago

Only in overactive transphobic imaginations.

There is zero evidence of non-transexual male athletes are faking it to compete with girls...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  JBB @2.1    6 months ago

Males should compete against males.

Females should compete against females.

Trans can compete with other trans.