╌>

What is behind Wu's 'people of color' Christmas party

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  texan1211  •  5 months ago  •  70 comments

By:   nypost (New York Post)

What is behind Wu's 'people of color' Christmas party
A fundamental belief I have is no matter your race, we have more in common than we have different. Yet the most powerful progressives in our government believe those minor differences are enough to keep us constantly separated.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Social Links for Adam B. Coleman

A fundamental belief I have is no matter your race, we have more in common than we have different.

Yet the most powerful progressives in our government believe those minor differences are enough to keep us constantly separated.

Progressives reduce black people like me to colorful beings who must always be wary of those who lack pigmentation, and to remain emotionally safe and appropriately seen, we must congregate only amongst ourselves: No "people without color" allowed.

This is the mentality of these illiberal actors in government, including Boston's mayor, Michelle Wu.

Wu this week defended holding an "elected officials of color only" holiday party after accidentally sending invites to white lawmakers only to rescind them shortly after.

"We had individual conversations with everyone, so people understand that it was truly just an honest mistake that went out in typing the email field," Wu told reporters.

"I've been a part of a group that gathers, representing elected officials of color across all different levels of government in Massachusetts," she added. "A group that has been in place for more than a decade, and the opportunity to create a space for people to celebrate and rotate who hosts."

Wu believes the primary issue is that an email was sent out in error rather than her using her position in government to conduct an exclusionary holiday event under the guise of celebrating diversity while being funded by tax dollars.

Progressives like Wu preach inclusion while purposefully excluding people, and promote diversity while encouraging their separation.

Despite what Wu says, the real reason they want their own Christmas party has nothing to do with "creating a space" for people of color to celebrate the holiday season.

The truth is that it's another way for them to celebrate themselves by pretending they're special for being a minority in government.

Minority progressives don't want equality, they want special treatment, and they always want one more than whatever the people without color get: including one more Christmas party.

Progressivism promotes carrying not just a victim complex for minority believers but an additional inferiority complex.

They have an insatiable appetite for being treated like delicate flowers that will wither away if you don't constantly water them with adulation.

This mindset of believing minorities are fragile creatures who deserve special attention is the type of rationalization for progressives to institute minority-only segregated classrooms in Evanston Township High School and separate graduation ceremonies.

They'll mask their social insecurity with claims of striving for equity in any given arena, like government and education, but the end goal is not to remain on the same playing field as everyone else: They want the game rigged for their benefit.

When regular people think about Christmas, they imagine how they can bring people together despite their differences, how they can express their love for one another through gift-giving and embodying Christ by sacrificing for people who may be less fortunate than ourselves.

It's hard for people who aren't progressive ideologues to understand how even Christmas, a holiday that encourages solidarity, requires a taxpayer-funded unique space to give thanks for their blessings.

But that's the problem: These people aren't thankful, they're insufferably entitled.

Adam B. Coleman is the author of "Black Victim to Black Victor" and founder of Wrong Speak Publishing. Follow him on Substack: adambcoleman.substack.com.

Red Box Rules

No Trump, no fascist, no memes, unless you actually LINK those things to the article.

No bitching about the source.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Texan1211    5 months ago
Wu believes the primary issue is that an email was sent out in error rather than her using her position in government to conduct an exclusionary holiday event under the guise of celebrating diversity while being funded by tax dollars. Progressives like Wu preach inclusion while purposefully excluding people, and promote diversity while encouraging their separation.

Just another hypocritical, misguided liberal trying to placate other liberals.

They can't even recognize the problem.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1    5 months ago

Let's be clear(er). Do MAGA know any liberal that it can't admonish? Go ahead, be kind enough to name at least one.

The truth is that it’s another way for them to celebrate themselves by pretending they’re special for being a minority in government.

Minority progressives don’t want equality, they want special treatment, and they always want one more than whatever the people without color get: including one more Christmas party.

- from the article.

Whatever Mayor Wu's intentions, she managed to leave herself open for criticism from writers whose JOB it is to criticize liberals-all liberal. And so the excerpt above appears in print by some JERK writer who sees an opportunity to "CRAP" on UNINVOLVED people who had nothing to do with Mayor Wu's decision or Boston, Massachusetts in general.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  CB @1.1    5 months ago

The labels you use speak volumes about the intellect contained in your comments

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.2  CB  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.1    5 months ago

And all you have is insults. Tell me what in my comment I 'triggered' you, Sparty On. Because I was unaware you were involved or 'cared.' 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.3  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1    5 months ago
Do MAGA know any liberal that it can't admonish?

You'll need to ask a MAGA that.

Go ahead, be kind enough to name at least one.

I can't answer for folks I don't know.

Whatever Mayor Wu's intentions, she managed to leave herself open for criticism from writers whose JOB it is to criticize liberals-all liberal. And so the excerpt above appears in print by some JERK writer who sees an opportunity to "CRAP" on UNINVOLVED people who had nothing to do with Mayor Wu's decision or Boston, Massachusetts in general.

Try recognizing what the real problem here is. It isn't your hatred of MAGA and conservatives. It is a government official engaging in exactly what the author describes.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.4  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.3    5 months ago

I no longer TRUST a damn thing any MAGA or affiliated person states without giving it long and deep consideration on the merits of the statements or opinions. I read too much about MAGA lying, misinformation, "opining" for division (while calling it "togetherness") and so I don't TRUST a damn thing that comes out of MAGAs!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.5  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.4    5 months ago

You will NEVER solve the problem by pretending it doesn't exist.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.6  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.5    5 months ago

Ditto.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.7  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.6    5 months ago

Meaningless.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.8  Sparty On  replied to  CB @1.1.2    5 months ago

Once again, I rest my case ….

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @1.1    5 months ago
Let's be clear(er).

Lets.  Reading through your comments on this article you have done everything EXCEPT call out the blatant racism of this racist mayor.  

You've rambled constantly about "MAGA this" and "MAGA that" and attempting to place blame elsewhere.  All the while failing to realize, "MAGA" has nothing to do with this.  What we have seen from this racist mayor is exactly what we all have come to expect from liberals.  Why is it expected?  Because we've seen it so many times from liberals.  

Now, instead of crying about something completely unrelated and trying to deflect and place blame on elsewhere, you need call it out from within your own circles.  Clean up your own house, so to speak.  Otherwise it appears you support this kind on garbage.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.10  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.9    5 months ago

I think it is because we aren't ignoring this and letting them sweep it under the rug as if it is perfectly fine 

Some can't stand any criticism of their heroes 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.11  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @1.1.10    5 months ago
I think it is because we aren't ignoring this and letting them sweep it under the rug as if it is perfectly fine

Just an indication that we aren't part of them.

Some can't stand any criticism of their heroes

That's true.  They won't discuss the actual problem and that's when we see the idiotic memes, badgering, personal attacks and, like we see 1.1, deflecting to completely unrelated nonsense.  

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.12  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.9    5 months ago

As you are fond of writing: "Prove it." Show me where I SUPPORTED her. I don't know Mayor Wu enough to care about her or this problem. My answers ending in "MAGA" has to do with the NEGATIVE PARTISANSHIP being put on display in this article. That is, she is only the topic of discussion as a means to drive some DEEPER wedge between us. In other words, if there is something NICE/GOOD/APPROVED to be shared about Mayor Wu. . . MAGA would not post it here for consideration. 

And again, you come at liberals, me (as if), I can't see the BS happening in real time. Well, I do see it. 

Further clarification. I have stated this before above or below: I don't know what goes on in Boston, Massachusetts in regards to official government parties/cultural events, so I can't address past precedents as stated by the Mayor. It may be that she is correct in her assessment of the controversial situation she finds herself.  I don't have all the facts. If she is wrong then she could/will suffer the consequences accordingly.

As a result of the above, I don't have a firm opinion about this issue.

Worse, you seem willing to go with a narrative that DISMISSES OR IGNORES OR INVALIDATES her reasoning wholesale! That's you putting out a narrative-facts be damned. 

I won't help you with that.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1.13  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  CB @1.1.12    5 months ago

Your maga diatribes have nothing to do with the party in question, absolutely nothing at all.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.14  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @1.1.12    5 months ago
As you are fond of writing: "Prove it." Show me where I SUPPORTED her.

Oh, that's easy.  It's you lack of condemnation.  In all your blatherings you, not once, called her out for it.  

My answers ending in "MAGA" has to do with...

Yeah, yeah, yeah.  It's a deflection regardless how you spin it.

That is, she is only the topic of discussion 

And yet you go off on your own little tantrums trying to place blame elsewhere.

And again, you come at liberals, me (as if), I can't see the BS happening in real time. Well, I do see it. 

And that is because it is liberals that pull this stuff.  If you don't see it, then take this a s a wake up call.  Or don't.  That's up to you to see what's going on or remain blind.

As a result of the above, I don't have a firm opinion about this issue.

So you don't know if you are for or against blatant racism like this?

Worse, you seem willing to go with a narrative that DISMISSES OR IGNORES OR INVALIDATES her reasoning wholesale!

You haven't "reasoned" anything.  You went straight to "MAGA this" and "MAGA that".  So, yes, I am dismissing your excuses.  

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.15  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.14    5 months ago

I don't have anything to PROVE to you, Jeremy. You would not accept anything short of liberal DEFEAT anyway. And, in your various roles as an aggressive NEGATIVE PARTISAN (MAGA-driven) there will be nothing acceptable to you other than liberal capitulation to your narrative and that is NOT going to come from me just to make you FEEL BETTER. 

You 'own' nothing and 'NOBODY' here.  

Lastly, you can call my view/s a deflection. . .my RECOMMENDATION to you is get ready: There will be more such and similar comments AS/WHEN NEEDED.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.16  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @1.1.15    5 months ago
I don't have anything to PROVE to you,

You already have.  In your comments you've proven you support this mayors actions.  

And, in your various roles as an aggressive NEGATIVE PARTISAN (MAGA-driven) there will be nothing acceptable to you other than liberal capitulation to your narrative and that is NOT going to come from me just to make you FEEL BETTER. 

That's one person's opinion. 

You 'own' nothing and 'NOBODY' here.  

You would be hard pressed to back that up.

Lastly, you can call my view/s a deflection. 

I call it as it is.  If you have issue with it then that's not my problem.

There will be more such and similar comments AS/WHEN NEEDED.

So, more comments backing up racism.  I already expected that.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.17  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.16    5 months ago

Then MAGA has been forewarned, I am pleased to state.

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.18  CB  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.8    5 months ago

Whatever.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.19  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  CB @1.1.17    5 months ago

jrSmiley_88_smiley_image.gif

CB
Professor Principal
1.1.20  CB  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.19    5 months ago

Ditto.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Texan1211 @1    5 months ago

"They can't even recognize the problem."

Thus not being able to realize that they are part of said problem.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    5 months ago

Racism is the answer to the title question.  A lot of words have been spent to excuse it. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    5 months ago

MAGA people, generally speaking, are not one to lecture people of color on racism, in my opinion. Granted, not all White people are racist, bigoted, or even separatists - but if they are any of the aforementioned, they are MAGA-masking it under other deceitful methodologies.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  CB @2.1    5 months ago
MAGA people, generally speaking, are not one to lecture people of color on racism, in my opinion

Find a MAGA person and tell them that. 

, not all White people are racist, bigoted

How kind of you to say so. 

Way to completely avoid the topic though. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.2  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.1    5 months ago

Well, liberal critic that MAGA is, why wouldn't MAGA know evidentially that not all Whites are racists, bigots, or separatists. . . many white liberals sit, live, and mix with people of color everyday. Incidentally, that is one more reason for this shocking 'display' for Mayor Wu.  I don't fully understand what she was trying to convey. That said, I have one more place to 'read' to try to better under her reasoning on this Christmas Party that is causing a 'stir.'

Snuffy
Professor Participates
2.1.3  Snuffy  replied to  CB @2.1.2    5 months ago

Why do you support a mayor who did a racist action? Why do you condone this sort of racist behavior? 

So the mayor tried to defend it by saying the city has a history of celebrations around small groups of people. Earlier in the month the city held a Hannukah celebration with the lighting of a menorah.  Was that celebration limited to only those who follow the Jewish faith or was it open to all?  

What would your statement be if the mayor held a Christmas party for only white people?  

Damn man, excluding any group of people based on their skin color is just wrong. Why do you defend this mayor?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  CB @2.1.2    5 months ago
lliberal critic that MAGA is, why wouldn't MAGA know evidentially that not all Whites are racists, bigots, or separatists. . 

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, or why it's relevant to the Mayor's blatant racism.  The Mayor isn't MAGA, she's just a progressive who's absorbed the racist progressive beliefs and is applying them in racist ways. 

don't fully understand what she was trying to convey.

It's pretty obvious she was  trying to convey that "white people aren't allowed."

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.5  CB  replied to  Snuffy @2.1.3    5 months ago

Provide material evidence of where I "support" her decision first. Go!

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @2.1.5    5 months ago

So you don’t support her action?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.7  CB  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1.4    5 months ago
So the mayor tried to defend it by saying the city has a history of celebrations around small groups of people. Earlier in the month the city held a Hannukah celebration with the lighting of a menorah.  Was that celebration limited to only those who follow the Jewish faith or was it open to all?  

Snuffy, gave the "explanation" Mayor Wu offered in her defense at 2.1.3. That is what I went after to read too after posting my comment at 2.1.2 online. 

The "defense" seems to be some "tradition" or cultural "acknowledgement" that is ten-years running. Apparently, there has not been an email "slip-up" before. Of course, I have no way to know this. . .since I don't live in Boston or even in the region.

In my opinion, It is not sufficient an excuse and so it left me wondering (privately (to myself)) what the 'heck' is going on in Boston! Still, since it did not offer much in her defense I kept it to myself. That is, until now.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.8  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.6    5 months ago

Read through my comments objectively and make an informed judgement of what I wrote.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.9  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1    5 months ago
Granted, not all White people are racist, bigoted, or even separatists - but if they are any of the aforementioned, they are MAGA-masking it under other deceitful methodologies.

So when liberals practice separatism, your good with it.

Only when anyone you don't like practices it, you squeal.

You seem peeved that anyone is even questioning this heinous practice. Why? Are minorities and liberals above criticism?

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.10  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.9    5 months ago

And MAGAs are opportunists. You seem desperate to establish your own narrative about me as a racist. Well, good luck with that! You will fail. . .for obvious reasons across oh, six or seven years of comments on NT.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.11  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.10    5 months ago
And MAGAs are opportunists.

Gee, you should tell them.

You seem desperate to establish your own narrative about me as a racist.

You seem to have an odd interpretation of what I have actually written. Please quote what part of my comment led you to your belief.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.12  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.11    5 months ago

Let's move on. . . I won't waste time on persuading you about any-thing. Here is what you need to know. I like, love, Good people AND anybody who likes, love, me including WHITE PEOPLE. The only lover in my life that ever wanted to live with me was a WHITE MAN and he was the love of my life. In fact, he has not and can not been replaced by anybody. Despite his/my loss of him to an accident.

Now if you can turn that inwards on itself into some diminished and discounted racist interpretation of me, it will prove just how desperate you are to label me what you damn well can not!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.13  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.12    5 months ago
Now if you can turn that inwards on itself into some diminished and discounted racist interpretation of me, it will prove just how desperate you are to label me what you damn well can not!

Again, I ask you to quote what I stated that leads you to believe this nonsense. Failing that, I tire of your baseless accusations.

Let's move on. . . I won't waste time on persuading you about any-thing.

Odd considering what you followed it up with.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.14  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @2.1.8    5 months ago
Read through my comments objectively and make an informed judgement of what I wrote.

Such a simple questions remains unanswered.  An A for consistency. 

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.15  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.13    5 months ago

Well since you insist on continuing . . . race is a Social Construct. Therefore, it must have categories beneath. I won't bother to list them for I am sure you have heard of those in a long-lived life of your own. Since we have these "several" categories for which people are placed/located then in the U.S. somebody did once long ago and do continue to classify people as Whites and Non-Whites

Long story made short. . . . 

If MAGA truly wishes to be color-blind, it will have to end its stance on labeling, mocking, discounting, diminishing, and attacking on anybody that is not aligned with MAGA conservatism! That's called: RE-ALIGNMENT. That is, using word salads: Conservative, Liberal, and Progressive to divide, demonize, and express hate towards other people as a "free for all"  people (based on the groups which they encompass in their ranks) will not alleviate the FACT that MAGA is not COLOR-BLIND. Indeed, racism by another name or wearing a disguise is yet: Racism all the same!

Nothing else can fix division that is the consequence of "wash, rinse, and repeat" existence of racism in which our nation labors

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.16  CB  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @2.1.14    5 months ago

It's a relatively short set of comments. Mine are a 'shortlist.' And yet a complaint from one who is here 'round the clock' making snarky comments. So I will not lean into the bs of thinking this is 'real.'

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
2.1.17  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @2.1.16    5 months ago

Whatever.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.18  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.15    5 months ago
If MAGA truly wishes to be color-blind, it will have to end its stance on labeling, mocking, discounting, diminishing, and attacking on anybody that is not aligned with MAGA conservatism!

Yet once again, if your problem is with MAGA, take it UP with MAGA.

The victims here are most certainly not minorities allowed to attend a party barring whites. 

Unless you support equal segregated whites only parties (and I don't think you do) then the obvious problem here is absolutely unrelated to anything you wrote.

So, the usual rant about all things conservative aside, the problem is an government official engaging in this action.

Indeed, racism by another name or wearing a disguise is yet: Racism all the same!

Very good. Now it is just one small step to admitting this action was wrong and has not one damn thing to do with conservatism or whatever else you have been trying to bamboozle people with.

Nothing else can fix division that is the consequence of "wash, rinse, and repeat" existence of racism in which our nation labors

Exactly. You can't fix racism in the past by attempting to punish people in the present by doing the very same thing you are allegedy fighting against.

CB
Professor Principal
2.1.19  CB  replied to  Texan1211 @2.1.18    5 months ago

Let me make something IMPERFECTLY CLEAR to you. . . I write "imperfectly" because with your usual flair I expect it will "deter" to some alternative dialogue in response to be immediately upcoming. . .you don't qualify to give me comment "Instructions". . .as 99.99 percent of everything you have EVER written to me has been shallow and put it mildly, careless and bullshit lacking in any sense of humanity.

Therefore, I will pass on accepting any patronizing BS now and give it back for transmission to somebody else.

Back to Mayor Wu. This is her problem. It is not a liberal "problem."  I would have invited the 'lot' of the council. . .even the "messy" politicking Ones! Your issue, if you have one, is with Mayor Wu and possibly her staff. 

One last thing: You shall not lecture me about racism, you simply don't have the 'chops' for it. And I am pretty sure that MAGA and 'affiliated' folks are on record as against VIRTUE SIGNALING, especially about matters they don't dare bother to understand or do anything in-depth to fix/end.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.20  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  CB @2.1.19    5 months ago
Your issue, if you have one, is with Mayor Wu and possibly her staff. 

Now you're getting it.

One last thing: You shall not lecture me about racism, you simply don't have the 'chops' for it. And I am pretty sure that MAGA and 'affiliated' folks are on record as against VIRTUE SIGNALING, especially about matters they don't dare bother to understand or do anything in-depth to fix/end.

MAGA, MAGA, MAGA.

When will you recognize this whole article has ZERO, ZIP, NOTHING, NADA TO DO WITH MAGA? For once, look at the real problem in front of you instead of getting stuck on partisan bullshit.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     5 months ago

So, whites didn't get invited to the Christmas party, is Mayor Wu being racist as in payback for minorities not being invited to Christmas parties or is it a more subtle attack on whites a secret agenda of cities across the US secretly having Christmas Parties sans white folk? This is the burning question amongst certain folks. Please feel free to submit your opinion of this possible dastardly deed by a gang of thugs masquerading as minorities.

Red and I will be hosting a Christmas Party, even though I'm not Christian/Muslim/Jewish or any of Merry go Round religions. After consulting with my Cherokee Indian Princess wife (her gggggrandmother was 1/128th Cherokee or maybe it was Irish either way we have extended the invitation to a multitude of races/ethnicities/religions. Now you have to understand we have a good mix in our community, or as I have named it ''The Tribal Grounds of Multiculturism''. 

As our guests arrive at the ''Big Tipi'' they will be greeted by ''Handsome Man'' who is the Indian version of Santa Claus. Fifteen types of hors d'oeuvres will be served from every continent known to man (and woman) and an open bar for those that imbibe then on to the main course which will be pure Native American (since we are the first Americans we get dibs). This may not sit well with some of the white folks (yes, you were invited) but never people to waste food we will be having Reindeer chops, Reindeer steaks, Reindeer ribs, Reindeer stew and for my south of the border friends Reindeer tripe. For dessert, Reindeer pudding. 

Then all our multicultural friends will sit aound the fire watching the smoke escape through the smoke hole of the Big Tipi and enjoying the reading of: ''Tis the Night Before Ojibwe Christmas'' by my cousin, Luther Walks the Horse.

Mina Niibaanamaang

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @3    5 months ago
So, whites didn't get invited to the Christmas party, is Mayor Wu being racist

Yes.

Present-day racism can not be justified by historic racism.

That's a fool's game.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Texan1211 @3.1    5 months ago
Present-day racism can not be justified by historic racism.

Of course it can't but who is to say there isn't present-day racism directed at minorities?

Denying that it exists is also a fool game.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.2  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    5 months ago
Of course it can't but who is to say there isn't present-day racism directed at minorities?

I didn't see where anyone said that.

Perhaps you should seed an article about THAT instead of commenting here about it?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @3.1.1    5 months ago

There is plenty of present-day racism in bean town.  This party doesn’t change that in any way.  Maybe the Asian American Mayor felt the need to shore up Black Council members support.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.2    5 months ago
I didn't see where anyone said that.

Good catch, neither did I.

Perhaps you should seed an article about THAT instead of commenting here about it?

Why? I simply responded to your comment showing that it happens in both directions.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.3    5 months ago
There is plenty of present-day racism in bean town.  This party doesn’t change that in any way.  

Did I say it did? Nope, just making a little fun of this melt down from the white contingent over not being invited to a Christmas party. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.6  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @3.1.4    5 months ago
Why?

Because this article is about a party held by a Democratic mayor in a blue city that forbid white attendees, not about how some minorities may be experiencing racism today.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Kavika   replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.6    5 months ago
Because this article is about a party held by a Democratic mayor in a blue city that forbid white attendees, not about how some minorities may be experiencing racism today.

So you didn't enjoy how Red and I are having a Christmas Party and inviting all colors and religions, a real multicultural thingy. I thought that you and your fellow travelers would enjoy a mixed party hosted by a Red Man 99 and 44/100% pure blood.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.8  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @3.1.7    5 months ago
So you didn't enjoy how Red and I are having a Christmas Party and inviting all colors and religions, a real multicultural thingy.

I didn't mention your party, nor was any part of my comment directed to that part of yours.

Have fun!

I thought that you and your fellow travelers would enjoy a mixed party hosted by a Red Man 99 and 44/100% pure blood.

Why? What difference would your 99.44% pure blood make?

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.1.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @3.1.7    5 months ago

I hope that you and your guests enjoy a great party, it sounds wonderful.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.10  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @3.1.5    5 months ago
Nope, just making a little fun of this melt down from the white contingent over not being invited to a Christmas party.

Then you have grossly misunderstood what the complaints about the party actually are.

Grossly.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.11  Kavika   replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.8    5 months ago
I didn't mention your party, nor was any part of my comment directed to that part of yours. Have fun!

So you just cherry picked what you could bitch about...LOL and we always have fun at our parties.

Why? What difference would your 99.44% pure blood make?

You don't know? Time for you to do some in-depth historical sleuthing.

Cheers

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.12  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3.1.9    5 months ago
I hope that you and your guests enjoy a great party, it sounds wonderful.

Chi miigwech niijii (many thanks my friend)

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.13  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @3.1.11    5 months ago
So you just cherry picked what you could bitch about.

No, I cut you some slack even though you are off topic. I commented specifically on PART of your comment--was that unclear?

LOL and we always have fun at our parties.

That IS what parties are for, right?

You don't know?

Now, doesn't logic dictate that if I knew, I wouldn't have to ask?

Time for you to do some in-depth historical sleuthing.

I am not that concerned about it. Your personal DNA probably doesn't really have much to do with it. It is just a party, after all. Been there, done that.

Now, BACK to the topic, please.

Thanks.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.14  Kavika   replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.10    5 months ago
Then you have grossly misunderstood what the complaints about the party actually are. Grossly.

Not at all, I have seen and heard it many times before.

A familiar refrain echoed many times across NT.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.15  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @3.1.14    5 months ago
Not at all

Your comments lead me to think otherwise.

Trying to reduce this to being pissed at not being invited to a party is pretty sophomoric thinking.

And I have seen that before, too.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.16  Kavika   replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.13    5 months ago
No, I cut you some slack even though you are off topic. I commented specifically on PART of your comment--was that unclear?

Not unclear, that's a silly question to ask me. BTW, I did follow your Red Box Rules.

That IS what parties are for, right?

I'm happy that you grasped that concept.

I am not that concerned about it. Your personal DNA probably doesn't really have much to do with it. It is just a party, after all. Been there, done that

You did ask the question I simply responded that some research could expand your horizons.

Now, BACK to the topic, please. Thanks.

No problem, you don't need to shout, it distracts from what your trying to say.

Cheers.

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.1.17  Kavika   replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.15    5 months ago
Trying to reduce this to being pissed at not being invited to a party is pretty sophomoric thinking.

I didn't reduce it to anything, simply gave you an alternative to think about.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.18  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @3.1.16    5 months ago
Not unclear, that's a silly question to ask me.

Not silly in the least based on your comment.

BTW, I did follow your Red Box Rules.

Great, then isn't it great I didn't accuse you of not following them?

I'm happy that you grasped that concept.

Well, then that makes two of us!

You did ask the question I simply responded that some research could expand your horizons.

Yeah, kind of lost interest when you wouldn't answer. No big deal to me.

No problem, you don't need to shout, it distracts from what your trying to say.

I'm wondering why I had to say it at all, shouting or not.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.19  seeder  Texan1211  replied to  Kavika @3.1.17    5 months ago
I didn't reduce it to anything, simply gave you an alternative to think about.

Sorry, I can't unread your words.

CB
Professor Principal
3.2  CB  replied to  Kavika @3    5 months ago

I guess that will be wond— wonderful. I have never had reindeer 'anything.' But I wish y'all, "Happy Eating! And a good time to be held by all!"

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
3.2.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  CB @3.2    5 months ago

Raindeer is very tender, very lean meat with a bit of a metallic after taste probably due to its high iron content.  I had sausage, tartare, roasts and stews in Norway, all delicious.  It is a very healthy and tasty meat.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.3  Trout Giggles  replied to  Kavika @3    5 months ago

Did you go to Alaska to harvest the reindeer aka caribou?

Kavika
Professor Principal
3.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Trout Giggles @3.3    5 months ago
Did you go to Alaska to harvest the reindeer aka caribou?

Nope, those are home grown Reindeer from MN with help from the Sami in Finland, we indigenous folks help each other out when we are not inviting white folks to Christmas parties.