╌>

Dow 38,000 :: General Discussion :: Pipe Smokers Forums of PipesMagazine.com

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jbb  •  9 months ago  •  27 comments

By:   Pipe Smokers Forums of PipesMagazine. com

Dow 38,000 :: General Discussion :: Pipe Smokers Forums of PipesMagazine.com
The Dow has reached 38,000, about a month after it hit 37,000.It's been a full sixty years now since I heard an old man in the barbershop despair that a...

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Briar Lee

Sep 4, 2021 4,364 12,638 Humansville Missouri

• Today at 10:12 AM

281643-e99d8268da7f4f8281c0d71213d516f1.jpg
The Dow has reached 38,000, about a month after it hit 37,000.
It's been a full sixty years now since I heard an old man in the barbershop despair that a quarter was no longer going to be made of silver and predict the bankruptcy of the United States of America.
On the way home I asked my father whaf made that old man so bitter, and he said he sold all his hogs and the market's up, but the main reason is he's too old. Old men are scared.
The Dow hit 800 in 1964 and according to the inflation calculators it ought to be just under 8,000 today.
Not counting sixty years of dividends.
It's a bad bet to bet against the future of the United States of America.
Why do so many people do that?

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

JBB
Professor Principal
1  seeder  JBB    9 months ago

original

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2  Greg Jones    9 months ago

And Biden had nothing to do with it.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  Greg Jones @2    9 months ago

biden had nothing to do with the economy that trumpsters are now claiming is so bad?

jrSmiley_76_smiley_image.gif

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @2.1    9 months ago

If you credit Traitor Joe for alleged successes of Bidenomics, then he also gets credit for the highest deficit ever in a non pandemic year, persistent inflation, and the inability of people who went to college that somehow can't pay their legal debts.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  devangelical @2.1    9 months ago
biden had nothing to do with the economy that trumpsters are now claiming is so bad?

Bingo! Now watch the trolls try to spin it. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @2    9 months ago

See this is a perfect example of blind partisanship.

Of course Biden had very little to do with the stock market.   No PotUS has much influence over the stock market.   Especially when the direction is upward.

But you give credit to Trump for a rising market while he was PotUS, right?

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.2.1  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @2.2    9 months ago

the party of the traveling goalposts...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
2.2.2  Greg Jones  replied to  TᵢG @2.2    9 months ago

No Tig, I haven't given credit to Trump for the good economy he enjoyed while president. 

Just like you said...."No PotUS has much influence over the stock market."....which the seeder is attempting to do.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  Greg Jones @2.2.2    9 months ago
No Tig, I haven't given credit to Trump for the good economy he enjoyed while president. 

Then I will mark that down as a point for you in the 'Got it Right' column.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @2.2    9 months ago
But you give credit to Trump for a rising market while he was PotUS, right?

How on earth did you get THAT from this?:

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.5  Right Down the Center  replied to  Texan1211 @2.2.4    9 months ago

Blind partisanship

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.6  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.2.5    9 months ago

Explain how pointing out that neither Biden nor Trump had much to do with the rising economy and stock-market while in office is "blind partisanship".

You must have a very special private meaning for that phrase.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.7  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.6    9 months ago

I was responding to his comment :"How on earth did you get THAT from this?: which was a response toBut you give credit to Trump for a rising market while he was PotUS, right?

GregTx
Professor Guide
2.2.8  GregTx  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.2.5    9 months ago

It's not blind..

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.9  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.2.7    9 months ago

Yeah I am quite aware of the chain of events.

Explain how pointing out that neither Biden nor Trump had much to do with the rising economy and stock-market while in office is "blind partisanship".

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.10  TᵢG  replied to  GregTx @2.2.8    9 months ago

Explain how pointing out that neither Biden nor Trump had much to do with the rising economy and stock-market while in office is "partisanship".

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.11  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.9    9 months ago

Obviously you don't understand the chain of events.  I am not going to let you use pretzel logic to try to change what I said or  the meaning of what I said.

I know what I said and what I meant.  Either you do or you don't, it makes no difference to me.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.12  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.2.11    9 months ago

A bullshit response full of bullshit excuses for why you refuse (yet again) to answer a direct question.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.13  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.12    9 months ago

Typical bullshit when someone doesn't  want to play wordgames. Your post had nothing to do with my comment so your question is totally irrelevant. 

I am not going to let you use pretzel logic to try to change what I said, the meaning of what I said.

I know what I said and what I meant. Either you do or you don't, it makes no difference to me.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.14  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.2.13    9 months ago

Repeating the same cliche, bullshit excuses.   You spend way more time making banal excuses than it would take to simply answer the question.

Here is the obvious answer:

Pointing out that neither Biden nor Trump had much to do with the rising economy and stock-market while in office is not "blind partisanship".   It is not even "partisanship".   It is the exact opposite of partisanship — it ignores party affiliation altogether.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.15  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.14    9 months ago

I am not going to let you use pretzel logic or juvenile bully tactics to try to change what I said or  the meaning of what I said.

I know what I said and what I meant.  Either you do or you don't, it makes no difference to me.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
2.2.16  TᵢG  replied to  Right Down the Center @2.2.15    9 months ago
... it makes no difference to me.

As evidenced by your wasting time repeating the same excuses instead of answering the question.   256

If it does not matter to you then stop with your feeble "pretzel logic", etc. allegations.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.2.17  Tessylo  replied to  devangelical @2.2.1    9 months ago

jrSmiley_91_smiley_image.gif

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
2.2.18  Right Down the Center  replied to  TᵢG @2.2.16    9 months ago

The question is irrelevant to what i posted.

I am not going to let you use pretzel logic or juvenile bully tactics to try to change what I said or  the meaning of what I said.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3  MrFrost    9 months ago

So trump initially said the Biden economy was horrible, but now that he cannot deny that the economy is doing well, he is claiming credit, (while hoping that the economy crashes so he can win an election....showing just how much he cares about his fellow Americans..)...

It's seriously too stupid to make it up, yet the trumpers just eat it up. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
3.1  afrayedknot  replied to  MrFrost @3    9 months ago

“It's seriously too stupid to make it up, yet…”

…too many will blame whatever administration is in power for the price of eggs or a gallon of gas. Prices go up regardless of policy. Capitalism and all. All while the DOW sets record highs for the same reason. Those that have an axe to grind will always find an opportunity to provide grist for the mill…forgetting just how lucky we are in comparison to those around the world dealing with truly life threatening circumstances, those just searching for their next meal. 

For those predisposed to focus on an imagined impending economic disaster…how does your 401k look today? 

JBB
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  JBB  replied to  MrFrost @3    9 months ago

original