╌>

Houston megachurch shooter killed by police ID'd: Report

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  8 months ago  •  39 comments

By:   Jeff Arnold (NewsNation)

Houston megachurch shooter killed by police ID'd: Report
Genesse Ivonna Moreno, 36, was identified in an affidavit as a the person who opened fire and was shot by security guards at Joel Osteen's church.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

(NewsNation) — A 36-year-old Texas woman has been identified as the shooter who opened fire at a Houston megachurch before being killed by security officers, the Associated Press reported on Monday.

The shooter was identified as Genesse Ivonne Moreno in an affidavit seeking a search warrant for a home in Conroe, which is about 40 miles north of Houston. The warrant was released by the Montgomery County district attorney's office, the AP reported.

This is a developing story,

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    8 months ago

The real facts are being slowly released.  The key word is slowly.

The shooter may just be a transgender ideologue and the weapon used may have something about saving the Palestinians inscribed on it.  

Let us see if what I have heard is correct.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    8 months ago
The shooter may just be a transgender

I'm seeing similar reports.  If true, this is why the stats on murders/shooting/crimes for women are rising.  The trans people should have their own category in all categories of data recording so we are seeing true numbers of their achievements or crimes.  

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2  Texan1211  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    8 months ago

The only surprising thing here is that the usual rants about religion aren't present--yet.

You know--stuff like "The thumpers deserved it"

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.1  mocowgirl  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2    8 months ago
You know--stuff like "The thumpers deserved it"

Isn't death wishing others considered an offense on this site?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  mocowgirl @1.2.1    8 months ago

That particular comment would fall under grave dancing I think since someone already died.

Death wishing is hoping someone dies or should be killed before it happens.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  mocowgirl  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @1.2.2    8 months ago

Thank you.

Are either really acceptable?

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
1.2.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  mocowgirl @1.2.3    8 months ago

Likely not, but it doesn't mean you won't see it here on site , and it has been gotten away with.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.5  Texan1211  replied to  mocowgirl @1.2.1    8 months ago
Isn't death wishing others considered an offense on this site?

Sometimes but far from all the time.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
1.3  mocowgirl  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    8 months ago

This is what Fox is reporting.  The shooter was born male in El Salvador and called Jeffrey.

Lakewood Church shooting suspect is identified | Fox News

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.4  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    8 months ago

Sounds pretty inflammatory if you're claiming those statements are correct without proof.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.4.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.4    8 months ago
Sounds pretty inflammatory if you're claiming those statements are correct without proof.

Did you even read his whole statement?

How on earth could anyone possibly miss:

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.4.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Tessylo @1.4    8 months ago

The proof is in despite what Biden and the FBI would like.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    8 months ago
The shooter may just be a transgender ideologue and the weapon used may have something about saving the Palestinians inscribed on it.  

So this story will have zero legs. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.5.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.5    8 months ago

Solid legs....legs that would make Juliet Prowse jealous:

The woman who opened fire at  Joel Osteen’s packed Houston-area mega-church  on Sunday, identified by authorities as Genesse Ivonne Moreno, 36, previously penned antisemitic writings, had a recorded history of mental health issues and used a weapon with a “Palestine” sticker in the brazen attack, officials said Monday.

Genesse Ivonne Moreno named as mega-church shooter (nypost.com)

I don't think we'll be hearing about it from Rachel Maddow

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.5.2  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.5    8 months ago

Just another day in America, why should it get any, "legs"?

George
Junior Expert
2  George    8 months ago

It is obviously the inanimate objects fault. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3  Drinker of the Wry    8 months ago

Hispanic, transgender, pro-Palestine, wannabe mass shooter, she was checking a lot of the boxes.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3    8 months ago

Sounds like a shoe in candidate for the current administration.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1    8 months ago
Sounds like a shoe in candidate for the current administration.

Hmm,,,,,,,now for a title.

Middle East liaison?

Gun control advocate?

Border Czar (sorry, Kamala!)?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.2  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    8 months ago
Hmm,,,,,,,now for a title.

DHHS Director!  

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.3  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3.1    8 months ago

There are plenty of slots open. We have a mentally challenged president, a giggling vice president and Defense Department Secretary that is severely ill. If you are a rival nation, it kind of makes you want to do something risky.

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.4  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.3    8 months ago

Let up and lose focus on Biden for a change. It would give you some validity if you would listen to others once and a while. We get it, some here are hyper-partisan and singularly focused but damn even a 'babe' would call Trump out on his gracelessness and dogged determination to break a working system of government. 

It is EVIDENTIALLY obvious Trump BROKE the GOP and REMOVED and continues to REMOVE newly found non-MAGA guided participants in the party. He simply call them privately (I am pretty sure of it even if I can't prove it) or humiliates them publicly in front of the group. (It's reminiscent of Paris Hilton in the 90's when she used to stamp her imprimatur on an item or a person by stating, "It's cool.") And he promises to do more of the same once back in the White House. 

Now then, having broken the GOP and rebuild it in his image. . . it is not hard to imagine him working to break our system of government and reconstruct in to the likings of one man. . . and his minions.

This can not be allowed. MAGAs are not our national political future. Hell, one could state they are not actually a real political party. . . because those other conservatives wandering around politically homeless, are about to get antsy and want their 'party' back!

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1.5  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  CB @3.1.4    8 months ago
MAGAs are not our national political future.

I beg to differ.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.5    8 months ago

It's not like the "progressive" / "liberal" political realm has been so good for the country the last 4 years.  

CB
Professor Principal
3.1.7  CB  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.1.5    8 months ago

Don't. As it won't help to do so.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3    8 months ago

The kind of boxes that critical thinkers like to sit on for a while.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.1  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2    8 months ago

Given your derisive tone, are you suggesting that you are not a critical thinker?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.2.2  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  TᵢG @3.2.1    8 months ago

I'm a logical thinker.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
3.2.3  TᵢG  replied to  Vic Eldred @3.2.2    8 months ago

Logical thinking simply means that you draw valid conclusions from your premises.

Critical thinking is logical thinking but adds the quality of objectivity when formulating premises.

Logical thinking based on premises of bias produces unsound conclusions.

One should endeavor to think critically, not merely logically.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
3.3  mocowgirl  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3    8 months ago
Hispanic, transgender, pro-Palestine, wannabe mass shooter, she was checking a lot of the boxes.

Not transgender according to police although she did use the alias "Jeffrey".  Correction:  I am not finding any info that states Genesse was a biological woman, just that she identified as one.

I found updated info on forbes.com.  I will continue to update if I read anything that might add to this seed.

Houston police have identified the person who shot two people at Lakewood Church Sunday as Genesse Ivonne Moreno, a 36-year-old with a criminal record and a history of mental health issues.

KEY FACTS

Moreno, who walked into Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church in Houston on Sunday with a child and opened fire using a long gun, was then shot and killed by off-duty police officers at the church.

The commander of the Houston Police Homicide Division, Chris Hassig, said Moreno used multiple aliases, including the name Jeffrey Escalante, adding that she’s used both male and female names but “through all our investigation to this point,” she has been identified as female.

Hassig also confirmed Moreno had a criminal record.

Moreno, who police identified as a Hispanic female, used a gun that had “Palestine” written on it, Hassig said at a press conference Monday.

Through their investigation, police found anti-semitic writings which they believe are connected to a family dispute with Moreno’s ex-husband’s family who are Jewish.

Authorities discovered Moreno had a documented mental health history both through Houston police records and through family interviews, Hassig said.

mocowgirl
Professor Quiet
3.3.1  mocowgirl  replied to  mocowgirl @3.3    8 months ago

more information at link below..

T exas police on Monday identified the alleged shooter killed by police  at Joel Osteen's megachurch  as 36-year-old Genesse Moreno and said a 7-year-old boy shot injured in the shooting is the Moreno's biological son.

Authorities also learned of a "familial dispute" between Moreno and an ex-husband and some members of his family, who police said are Jewish.

Moreno used other "aliases," including Jeffrey Escalante, Hassig said.

Moreno has arrests dating back to 2005, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety criminal history search.

Moreno, who is from El Salvador, worked in real estate, according to a  LinkedIn page .

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.3.2  Texan1211  replied to  mocowgirl @3.3.1    8 months ago
Moreno has arrests dating back to 2005, according to a Texas Department of Public Safety criminal history search. Moreno, who is from El Salvador, worked in real estate, according to a  LinkedIn page .

Probably should have been deported.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.3.3  Drakkonis  replied to  mocowgirl @3.3.1    8 months ago
T exas police on Monday identified the alleged shooter killed by police  at Joel Osteen's megachurch  as 36-year-old Genesse Moreno and said a 7-year-old boy shot injured in the shooting is the Moreno's biological son.

Man, this is just tragic. Especially for the son. He now has to live the rest of his life having watched his mother die in front of him. Who can say what kind of mother she was. Her past and having brought along her son are probably clues, which just makes it worse. If this kid is now alone I really hope he gets a very good and qualified foster home or that he has good, loving relatives. 

George
Junior Expert
3.3.4  George  replied to  Drakkonis @3.3.3    8 months ago

Her son isn’t expected to make it and is currently fighting for his life, so not only did she sacrifice herself, she sacrificed her son.

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
3.3.5  Drakkonis  replied to  George @3.3.4    8 months ago

Crap. Thanks for letting me know.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
3.4  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @3    8 months ago

Or at least the media is in its early reporting

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    8 months ago

Shooting up a place and killing others is shooting and killing no matter which HUMAN does it. Let's just be clear. And as we are learning in real time through the incidents. . . 'everybody,' that is all sorts of people classifications are getting in on the act.  Even if slowly materializing in front of our faces. And yet, the problem of these random shooting can't be resolved or mitigated because we can never 'critically discern' when, where, how, who, etceteras will go mental NEXT.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5  MrFrost    8 months ago

But, prayer should have prevented this? 

Snuffy
Professor Participates
5.1  Snuffy  replied to  MrFrost @5    8 months ago

No, but public officials might have prevented this had they bothered to act when information came to light.

The neighbors of the shooter who opened fire at Joel Osteen's Lakewood Church before being fatally shot by police detailed years of harassment and threats their small, two-street community faced from her – claiming law enforcement and elected officials failed to adequately respond to their near constant outcry. 

Five women who lived near Genesse Ivonne Moreno in   Conroe, Texas,   a city more than 50 miles north of the Houston megachurch, described to   FOX 26 Houston   how Moreno tormented the usually close-knit neighborhood over the past four years. 

"Four years I’ve been through hell. I have reported this, reported this, reported this, and it’s gone on deaf ears," Jill told the outlet. "I’ve had psychological officers up here – Since they won’t answer their door, they won’t do anything. ‘Until she hurts you, there’s nothing we can do.’ So everybody keeps saying on all these big news stations ‘if you see something, say something.’ That’s bulls---. Because I’ve been through it. I’ve talked to everybody. I’ve probably called every one of your news stations trying to get someone to take this on."

"No one would do anything. Nobody would call me back. And yet everyone’s still on these stations saying see something, say something. Nobody should have died. Nobody should have been hurt. This should have been handled years ago. And here we are again," Jill added. 

Neighbors of Lakewood Church shooter detail years of 'hell,' police inaction: 'Only a matter of time' | Fox News

Seems people did see signs and did notify officials and nothing was done to potentially prevent this from occurring.