╌>

Rep. Lauren Boebert's 18-year-old son arrested in Rifle | Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  george  •  2 months ago  •  14 comments

By:   Chris Pandolfo (Fox News)

Rep. Lauren Boebert's 18-year-old son arrested in Rifle | Fox News
Tyler Jay Boebert, 18, was arrested in connection to a recent string of vehicle trespass and property thefts in Rifle, Colorado, police said. His mother is Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

closeVideo

Lauren Boebert responds to firestorm over Colorado theater date scandal

Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., joins 'Jesse Watters Primetime' to respond to criticism from Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., and others.

Join Fox News for access to this content Plus special access to select articles and other premium content with your account - free of charge. Please enter a valid email address.

The eldest son of Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., was arrested Tuesday after several property thefts were reported in Rifle, Colorado, police said.

Tyler Jay Boebert, 18, faces five felony charges and more than a dozen misdemeanor offenses in connection to a recent string of vehicle trespass and property thefts, the Rifle Police Department said.

He is charged with four counts of criminal possession of ID documents belonging to multiple victims, one count of conspiracy to commit a felony and "over 15 additional misdemeanor and petty offenses," the department stated.

"This is an ongoing investigation, no further information will be released at this time," Rifle police said, adding that all suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

REP. LAUREN BOEBERT'S EX-HUSBAND ARRESTED FOLLOWING ALTERCATION WITH CONGRESSWOMAN AT RESTAURANT

Tyler Jay Boebert, 18, was arrested by the Rifle, Colorado, Police Department on Tuesday. He faces the following charges: four felony counts of Criminal Possession ID Documents - Multiple Victims, one felony count of Conspiracy to Commit a Felony, and over 15 additional misdemeanor and petty offenses.(Rifle Police Department)

Online jail records show the teen is currently in the custody of the Garfield County Sheriff's Office. There is no bond information listed.

Reached for comment, Rep. Boebert said, "I love my son Tyler, who has been through some very difficult, public challenges for a young man and the subject of attention that he didn't ask for."

"It breaks my heart to see my child struggling and, in this situation, especially when he has been provided multiple opportunities to get his life on track," she said in a statement to Fox News Digital. "I will never give up on him and I will continue to be there for him. As an adult and father, Tyler will take responsibility for his actions and should be held accountable for poor decisions just like any other citizen."

Boebert, 37, announced last year that her son Tyler, then-17, fathered a baby boy with his girlfriend, making her a grandmother.

Police were involved with Boebert's family earlier this year when officers received reports that the congresswoman was fighting with her ex-husband and Tyler's father, Jayson Boebert.

Jayson was arrested on Jan. 9 following the incident on charges of misdemeanor assault and criminal mischief. He was later released on bail from Garfield County Jail, according to the New York Post.

BOEBERT RESPONDS TO REPORTS OF FIGHT WITH EX-HUSBAND AT COLORADO RESTAURANT AFTER POLICE CALLED

Rep. Lauren Boebert, R-Colo., a member of the House Freedom Caucus, speaks during a news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C., on July 14, 2023.(AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)

A judge granted Boebert a temporary restraining order against her ex-husband earlier this month after she alleged Jayson threatened to harm her and himself.

In court papers, the lawmaker claimed her former spouse "made multiple suicidal threats and threats to harm me over the past 14 months," according to the Denver Post.

LAUREN BOEBERT SWITCHES DISTRICTS, ANNOUNCING RUN FOR COLORADO SEAT BEING VACATED BY KEN BUCK

Instead of seeking re-election to Colorado's 3rd Congressional District, Boebert announced in December that she would be running for the House seat that's being vacated by Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo., in the state's 4th District.(Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)

Jayson told The Associated Press in an interview that he was the victim at the restaurant. "I would never harm Lauren. I just want to move on and be in peace," he said.

He also accused his ex-wife of using the restraining order to "justify" her move to a new congressional district.

CLICK TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

In her request, Boebert also cited a physical fight between her ex-husband and their 18-year-old son on Jan. 9. As Tyler called authorities, Jayson allegedly grabbed a rifle and left, according to court documents. Jayson was charged with harassment, prohibited use of a weapon and third-degree assault, court documents show. Boebert was not present during that altercation.

A Republican who has served two terms in the U.S. House representing the western side of the state, Boebert announced on Dec. 27 that she was switching congressional districts this year to run for a seat representing the eastern side of Colorado. The 4th Congressional District seat is open with the retirement of Rep. Ken Buck, R-Colo.

Fox News Digital's Timothy H.J. Nerozzi and Danielle Wallace and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Chris Pandolfo is a writer for Fox News Digital. Send tips to chris.pandolfo@fox.com and follow him on Twitter @ChrisCPandolfo.

Red Box Rules

No Memes, No Fascist comments, try to stay on topic

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

George
Junior Expert
1  seeder  George    2 months ago

She gives white trash a bad name, It may be time to quit and take care of family matters.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1  evilone  replied to  George @1    2 months ago

She should, but she won't. Now she's a US Representative, if she quits she's just another divorced chick with a GED.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.1  devangelical  replied to  evilone @1.1    2 months ago
if she quits she's just another divorced chick with a GED

I'm guessing some religious grift is in her future. like testimonial speaking and personalized religious counseling. she always has working a drive up window at mcd's to fall back on. maybe some kind of featured engagement in vegas...

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
1.1.2  Trout Giggles  replied to  devangelical @1.1.1    2 months ago

maybe swinging from a pole in some club that's way off the strip

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.3  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @1.1.2    2 months ago

after her beetle juice video, both swinging and poles are definitely in her future...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.2  Greg Jones  replied to  George @1    2 months ago

As a Colorado resident, I have to agree. I am not in either district, but I can't see her winning in the 4th, approximately the eastern third of the state, mostly rural, and strongly Republican. Just too much qualified competition there.

She is simply not cut out for the position she holds, and needs to tend to family issues.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     2 months ago

Neither she nor her ex husband are much of an example for the kid. 

Time for both of them to get their shit together before the kid becomes a lost cause.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @2    2 months ago

Didn't he already knock up an underage girl?  Sounds like he is following mommy's and daddy's example.

Kavika
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Kavika   replied to  Tessylo @2.1    2 months ago

Yes, he did.

Tessylo
Professor Principal
2.1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Kavika @2.1.1    2 months ago

Yes, I saw that, I commented before I read the article, thanks!

Momma 'boobs' Boebert isn't known for setting good examples.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2.1.3  MonsterMash  replied to  Tessylo @2.1    2 months ago
Didn't he already knock up an underage girl?
Yes he did, when he was an underage boy.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3  Trout Giggles    2 months ago

A gramma at 37???? Hell, I'm nearly 30 years older than her and have NO grandkids, dammit!

She needs to use tough love with this kid instead of making excuses for him. She and the kids' father turned him out this way. She needs to take responsibility for the piss poor job she did

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.1  devangelical  replied to  Trout Giggles @3    2 months ago

gee, do you think that kid has access to any firearms?

Outis
Freshman Principal
3.1.1  Outis  replied to  devangelical @3.1    2 months ago

Boebert sent a Christmas card with a picture of all her family members holding guns.

The lady has CLASS!