╌>

WOLF TORMENT Cruel hunter parades tortured wolf with TAPE around its mouth before taking wounded animal to bar & finally killing it

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  1stwarrior  •  3 weeks ago  •  44 comments

WOLF TORMENT Cruel hunter parades tortured wolf with TAPE around its mouth before taking wounded animal to bar & finally killing it

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

A CRUEL hunter allegedly paraded a tortured wolf around a bar before he took it outside and killed it with his gun.

The terrified creature appears in a sickening image cowering with sunken eyes and its mouth taped tightly shut.

Cody Roberts, 42, was fined $250 for being in possession of the live wolf but it was not illegal to kill it, sparking outrage from animal rights activists.

Roberts posed with the traumatised animal, flashing a toothy grin while hooking his arm around its neck and raising a can of beer.

The wolf was already injured before Roberts ran it over with a snowmobile.

He reportedly dragged it through the Green River Bar as regulars swilled beer before taking it behind the bar, torturing it and killing it.

Jeanne Ivie-Roberts, a family member of Roberts, re-enacted the disturbing scene with a wolf skin in the same bar.

She posted photos to Facebook of herself with her mouth taped shut, just like the wolf, while holding the skin in front of her.

Ivie-Roberts wrote in another post after Roberts' picture went viral: "I love and support you Cody".

She also celebrated the news that animal cruelty laws didn't apply to Roberts' case, and another family member claimed they were getting death threats.

Animals rights activists were up in arms and became even more furious when it was confirmed Roberts would only face a small fine.

The Animal Wellness Action and the Center for a Humane Economy wrote a letter to officials.

It stated that Roberts actions clearly warrant a punishment more severe than the $250 ticket he received for possession of live wildlife the Animal Wellness Action and the Center for a Humane Economy wrote in a letter to officials. 

It added: "Such an anemic response on the part of   law   enforcement will be seen by some as tacit approval of his crime and can only motivate other like-minded individuals driven by hatred of wolves to engage in similar, repugnant behaviour."

And Ivie-Roberts post garnered dozens of comments from users, most of whom supported the hunter.

One said he “has a good heart” and another wrote: “I’m with him!!! I’ll bring the duct tape.”

But some were appalled, with one writing: “Cruelty should never be condoned! No reason for that BS behaviour.”

Wayne Pacelle, president of Animal Wellness Action branded Roberts a "monster" and said he should not escape prosecution.

He said: "The man who committed this atrocious act of animal cruelty cannot go without punishment under state or federal law, or both,” wrote Pacelle, who worked to make animal cruelty a felony in dozens of states and to make animal cruelty a federal crime.

“Running over and crushing an animal with a snowmobile, binding the battered and wounded animal’s mouth shut, and deciding to further torment the creature in front of an audience rather than putting him out of his misery is the textbook definition of malicious cruelty."

He continued: "A remorseless, cruel monster like this is a threat to other animals, and a threat to people. The law must speak.”

Roberts, who is a dad and owns a trucking company, first encountered the wolf when he ran it down with a snowmobile and disabled it.

But, instead of putting the animal out of its misery he allegedly prolonged its suffering by taking it to the bar.

It is legal to kill wolves in the part of Sublette County, but by keeping the animal alive and tormenting it as Roberts did, he was violating hunting ethics. 

The Wyoming Game and Fish Department confirmed that a man had been cited and fined for the misconduct, but did not name them.

But Sublette County Circuit Court records showed Roberts was cited for a wildlife violation from an incident on February 29. 

According to public records, Roberts has a hunting and fishing license. 

It comes as   a vile dog-fighting ring where animals are forced to 'train'   on treadmills before mauling each other to death can be revealed.

Phillip Ali - known as "Doctor Death" - gave animals steroids in a bid to win sick bouts in a couple's garage at their suburban home in Essex.

The 68-year-old was found guilty of multiple cruelty charges, alongside homeowners Billy, 38, and Amy Leadley, 39 - and accomplice Stephen Brown, 56.

Thousands of pounds could be won in the deadly fights organised by Ali, with his dogs trained to rip each other apart, a court heard.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
1  seeder  1stwarrior    3 weeks ago

Here is a person who needs to be given the same treatment he gave the wolf - take'm out back and end his . . . . . . .

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1  evilone  replied to  1stwarrior @1    3 weeks ago

I'll help you

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.2  Vic Eldred  replied to  1stwarrior @1    3 weeks ago

The movie "the Misfits" first shed light on it. These clowns think they are manly.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  1stwarrior @1    3 weeks ago

I'll get in line!

Kavika
Professor Principal
2  Kavika     3 weeks ago

What a POS, I would willing trap him and make an example out of him.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
2.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Kavika @2    3 weeks ago

As we would in days gone past.

Too bad we've become "civilized" as to how much pain can we cause others who deserve it???

fineline
Freshman Silent
2.1.1  fineline  replied to  1stwarrior @2.1    3 weeks ago

"in days gone past." There is no time like the present! 

George
Junior Expert
3  George    3 weeks ago

Just when you think you have seen it all, some piece of shit comes along and says hold my beer. 

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  George @3    3 weeks ago

Normal for the mid-west mind set of so many threads I've seen dealing with "hunters" - intentionally running over the wolf with a snow mobile, torturing it and then killing it???

Yeah - great white hunter he is.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
4  TᵢG    3 weeks ago

Sadistic asshole.

Right Down the Center
Senior Guide
5  Right Down the Center    3 weeks ago

Sounds like the kind of person that will be graduating to humans in a couple years.

George
Junior Expert
5.1  George  replied to  Right Down the Center @5    3 weeks ago

Humans shoot back, he doesn't have the balls for that. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
6  Mark in Wyoming     3 weeks ago

As an ethical and law abiding person who hunts and adheres to fair chase principles, I have to say this disgusts me to no end.

This happened about a 2hr drive away from where I live, wolves in that particular area are classified as varmints, can be hunted year round with no license or limit.

Keep in mind this state has dual classification for wolves and boundaries and laws apply.

Thing I see, if the guy had simply killed it when found, I'm still questioning the idea of what happened, he wouldn't have been guilty of any thing.

I'm just going to shake my head and mutter, "some people's children...."

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
6.1  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @6    3 weeks ago

Wonder if his parents had any children that lived???

MrFrost
Professor Expert
6.1.1  MrFrost  replied to  1stwarrior @6.1    3 weeks ago

Wonder if his parents had any children that lived???

And if they did, I bet they regret it. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
7  Mark in Wyoming     3 weeks ago

Who knows...,

I have been reading over the past few days some groups are calling to relist, and remove state control, not a good idea in my eyes. To do so would simply make people opposed to wolf presence go back to the days of the 3 S's, shoot shovel and shut up. 

Under that there is no way of knowing how many are killed, and the issue of wolves is still 25 years after reintroduction,very dividing with people.

I have my own thoughts on the whole issue of the reintroduction done here where I live, but it is simply my opinion based on what's really happened and is happening.

JBB
Professor Principal
7.1  JBB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @7    3 weeks ago

From just a money perspective it always looks best from a short term perspective to eliminate whatever is deemed a pest be it fish, foul, insect, mammal or whatever. The problem is that if we remove one species from the food chain many other species are effected...

When I was a kid some coyotes became a problem for some ranchers so the county paid a bounty for coyote corpses. It was called an "Eradication Program" and thousands of coyotes were shot, trapped and poisoned resulting in ranchers being overrun by jackrabbits. Next came a bounty and Eradication Program for the jackrabbits and so on and so on until today. Where once there was abundant wildlife there are now plowed fields. Are we better off? Farmers are, but there came a time, long past, were the natural ecosystem just collapsed. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
7.1.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @7.1    3 weeks ago

A lot of truth in what you say there,personally I am of the opinion that any time humans try and control something one way or the other, through eradication or reintroduction, they fuck things up.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
7.1.2  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @7.1.1    3 weeks ago

JBB and Mark - you're both quite right.  Humans think they control everything and most refuse to acknowledge that we, the two leggeds, have pushed most of the wildlife out of their "natural" habitat because they, the two leggeds, HAVE TO HAVE all they see so they can control it.

I spent 33 years doing Natural and Cultural Resource Conservation for DoD and some, if not many of my discussions, with the "brass", was that we, the two leggeds, were tearing our environment apart by not taking into SERIOUS consideration the ramifications of many of our projects on the established lives/environment of all that we want to "beautify" - just so we can say "I did that" on their resumes.

Folks out here in the SW have massive complaints about the Coyote population, such as you mentioned JBB.  They say/complain that the coyote's are "invasive" because they're now drifting/moving into residential areas.  But, they don't think or realize that areas that they are attempting to build in has/had been used by the coyote population for hundreds, if not thousands of years and, as humans, we two leggeds have decided coyote don't belong here because they interfere with our version of what the environment should be and how we should control it.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
7.1.3  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  1stwarrior @7.1.2    3 weeks ago

A lot of what you say i have seen here ,  i tend to see more of the build up of housing  that the problems start , not so much the land being used for agricultural use , as JB mentioned , crop fields will support wildlife , housing tracts and those buying them , start complaining that the wild life is eating their expensive , and sometimes poisonous to wildlife landscaping , things get rather funny sometimes .

they forget what attracted them here , to purchase , but think they can demand control of it all. Jackson Wy is a good example , people bought up property , built and never gave a thought , the area was and is prime elk , deer and other critters winter range to survive on .

When it comes to some critters , they go in cycles coyote , skunks and rabbits come to mind , they will reproduce at an expedited rate as long as they can eat , then either through disease , weather or predators , the population will crash , deer and elk are somewhat the same  but most of that mortality comes in the form of weather and predators of the 4 legged kind , not to say human hunting doesnt also have an impact .

I have also ran into folks that have owned property here for generations that think , that all they can see is their domain be it they actually have title and deed , or if its state or government owned land , and they can control access had that happen this past season to me looking for a place to take the grandson after school. had a guy try and buffalo me until he found out i wasnt a dude , and was actually using paper and digital maps to make sure i wasnt about to trespass.  i stayed polite and he politely showed me where his property markers were  he still wasnt too happy though but he knew i could make a case for hunter harassment  especially since i have a forward and rear facing dash cam ......

I can go on about this , but will leave it at this , people will move , they will think things are within their control , and that will continue to happen , even in my sparsely populated state , its getting to the point now after 31 years here , its getting a touch crowded for my tastes .

JBB
Professor Principal
8  JBB    3 weeks ago

I was in the waiting room of the veterinarian when a man came in with a huge male wolf on a leash. I say huge because this wolf was way bigger proportionally than the wolf pictured in this article. In any case, there was a lady filling out paperwork at the check-in counter who was preoccupied who never saw the man and wolf come in. So next the wolf proceeds right to burying his nose up in her butt. She, of course, looked and then proceeded to scream and cry and have a complete and utter meltdown. You would have had to be there. Fortunately, everything eventually settled down...

Mr Wolf stayed absolutely chill during the entire sequence of events.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @8    3 weeks ago

Not to be a smartass, but what you likely saw was a malemute/ timber wolf cross, depending on percentage of wolf pedigree would determine if it was legal to have.

Many have Mal's and claim they have some wolf in them.

I'm speaking as someone that had a pedigreed and papered malemute, and was accused of having  an actual wolf...

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.1  JBB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.1    3 weeks ago

I did not check his DNA, but I have seen both real wolves and the crossbreeds you referenced. This was a particularly wolfy looking wolf. He may have been hybrid, but I really do not think so. There was an upturned sharpness to his nose, an unevenness to his coat and a keenness about his eyes that looked particularly wild...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8.1.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @8.1.1    3 weeks ago

You just described my Mal, Denali , no one wanted to be around her when spring hit and her coat started to blow out, use to take me 2 weeks of brushing to get it all, and I could make 2 more dogs her size out of the hair,just for reference I'm 6'4", on her hind legs her front paws on my shoulders, she would look down in my face. And she weighed in at about 150, but solid as a brick wall, as most sled dogs are.

One way I found to see if it's wolf or dog cross, light reflection in the eyes at night, domesticated dogs and wolves reflect different colors.

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.3  JBB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.1.2    3 weeks ago

Did you know that after about a gazillion generations of selective breeding Russians have bred tamed foxes suitable for pets?

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.1    3 weeks ago

I don't care if a wolf, wolf/dog, coywolf,  or coyote no animal should ever be treated like this POS did to that wolf. 

It would be interesting to see him try that on the Red Lake rez, they find him at the bottom of Red Lake since wolves are highly regarded by the Ojibwe and protected.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
8.1.5  seeder  1stwarrior  replied to  JBB @8.1.3    3 weeks ago

Beautiful and highly intelligent creatures too - luv'm.

MrFrost
Professor Expert
8.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.1    3 weeks ago
Not to be a smartass, but what you likely saw was a malemute/ timber wolf cross, depending on percentage of wolf pedigree would determine if it was legal to have.

I agree, but the treatment of any animal like that is disgusting and inexcusable. 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.1.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @8.1.6    3 weeks ago

I’m sorry to say, but I tolerate the mistreatment of many humans better than the mistreatment of animals.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8.1.8  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  JBB @8.1.3    3 weeks ago

i have seen fox , raccoon , bobcat skunk weasels and the like kept as pets legally here , so nothing really surprises me , i just tend to remember , you cant take all the wild out of a wild creature , no matter how hard you try .

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8.1.9  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Kavika @8.1.4    3 weeks ago
I don't care if a wolf, wolf/dog, coywolf,  or coyote no animal should ever be treated like this POS did to that wolf. 

1000% agreement 

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
8.1.10  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.1.8    3 weeks ago

I think that most species shouldn’t be bred suitable for pets.

Kavika
Professor Principal
8.1.11  Kavika   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.1.10    3 weeks ago

1000% agreement.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8.1.12  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  MrFrost @8.1.6    3 weeks ago

no argument from me on that point .

JBB
Professor Principal
8.1.13  JBB  replied to  Mark in Wyoming @8.1.8    3 weeks ago

I saw a documentary on it. They only bred the few foxes that were least wild over many many many generations until they finally accomplished full domestication. For a very long time it seemed to be impossible. Keep in mind we are not talking about animals from the wild, but rather captive caged foxes specially bred for their fur...

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
8.1.14  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Drinker of the Wry @8.1.10    3 weeks ago

I dont think its so much they shouldnt be bred as or for pets , its that some people shouldnt be allowed to have them .

Biggest problem i have where i live out here on the rez , is the so called pets that are either dumped or left to their own ways and become feral, they already have no fear of humans , and they get hungery enough , they view you as a meal .

In the 10 years i have been here and done fence work for neighbors during calving season , it isnt coyote , lions wolves or bears , its the packs of feral dogs one has to watch . i have put a few of those down at distance .

Kavika
Professor Principal
9  Kavika     3 weeks ago

A few years ago a guy trespassed on our rez and killed a black bear,  hunting is not allowed by non tribal members and some animals are protected at all costs being the Wolf and the Black Bear, two of our seven clans are the Wolf clan and the Bear Clan. He was tracked down and the tribe went all out to be sure he didn't ever try that again. They pressed charges and followed the case with our own attorney, the final verdict was 15 month prison sentence, a $9,500 fine and loss of all of his eqpt. compound bow, truck etc and revoked license for if I remember correctly 10 years. 

Assholes like this POS that killed the wolf deserve that at a minimum.

Drinker of the Wry
Junior Expert
9.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Kavika @9    3 weeks ago

Agree.  When I was a young boy, 7-9?, I got into a fight with a neighbor kid who was burning ants and bees with a magnifying glass.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
9.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Kavika @9    3 weeks ago
Assholes like this POS that killed the wolf deserve that at a minimum.

I have to remind myself whatever charges/ fines he faces , depends on exactly what they can prove . and this is just one article of about 5 i have read on this , as well as listening to what the local GW has had to say about it , they do WANT him in a bad way is my take , it falls to what they can prove which is what he has been charged with .

so far its possession of a live wolf , thats it .

they could maybe try and get a wildlife harassment charge on him , but they would have to prove he was doing that and not just out riding  and he came across what someone else did .

The area this happened in allows for wolf hunting as i pointed out, they are considered by the state as varmints , with no season or bag limit  or even hunting hours  , if it had happened 10-15 miles north , it would have been in an area that is classified as a management trophy area with a closed season and bag limits  and legal take hrs , that is not the case here .

Im just glad he was stupid enough to do what he did to get caught  and be held somewhat accountable , even IF it doesnt seem like enough .

Kavika
Professor Principal
9.2.1  Kavika   replied to  Mark in Wyoming @9.2    3 weeks ago

The destruction of the predators (wolf, bear, cougar etc) by humans has upset the balance of nature to a point that it is impossible to restore it in many areas. Considering a wolf as a varmint is mindboggling. I'm sure that ranchers in all areas lost some cows and sheep to wolves. That is usually the determining factor in killing them off. 

Where I grew up in northern MN it has the largest wolf population of the lower 48 states and the ranchers were crying about wolves killing their stock so the state set up a program that if you lost a cattle to wolves they would pay you for the cow/bull but they, the state, would have to verify the kill was by wolves. The first 100 or so claims came in in a few days and of all the dead cattle checked out only 4 or 5 were wolves kills.  The cattle ranchers soon quit whining about something that was a very minimal part of their loses. 

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
9.2.2  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  Kavika @9.2.1    3 weeks ago

I think the big thing with this area , and i did go to the re introduction meetings back in 94/95 , was that a lot of promises were made by the powers that be doing the reintroduction , ended up being basically lies as to how things would be handled, one was it was an "experimental reintro" , and the transplants would NOT be covered under ESA, that didnt happen , livestock losses were to be compensated , but the process was so convoluted and proof positive needed before the government would do anything and unless you had pictures or video , they denied it was a wolf kill or dragged it out with testing  , they got their foot in the door and basically said to the locals screw you . That hasnt been forgotten nor is it likely to be for any time soon .

Another big bone of contention was the specific species of wolf they decided to use , one not native to the northern rockies , and one that had evolved way differently than the indigenous wolves that contrary to what the government said , already still existed here . the 2 differnt species act entirely different and have a different social hiarchy .

Colorado did a reintro in dec , im watching whats happening there , its coming about as i predicted , only slightly faster. but colorado also is trying to juggle 2 different species , the mexican red , and the transplanted norther mackenzie grey , if the transplants in the north go south , say goodbye to the mexican red , thats what they did to the native wyoming wolves , the species dont mix .

Thats something i noticed with the transplants , they dont tolerate other canine type species in territories they get into .

Kavika
Professor Principal
10  Kavika     3 weeks ago

This photo was taken by Conrad Tan on the edge of the Red Lake rez. I would love to see this POS one on one no snowmobile, no gun just he and the wolf, it is around 150 lb male extremely powerful, intelligent and quick. 

Good luck POS.

8bc62caf039fafe7861b64d3b5ed7936_11932_700.jpg

GregTx
PhD Guide
11  GregTx    3 weeks ago

Yeah, I get the varmint thing. We have the same here with coyotes. I just don't see how this isn't animal cruelty. Classifying an animal as a varmint isn't a license to torture.

Mark in Wyoming
Professor Silent
11.1  Mark in Wyoming   replied to  GregTx @11    3 weeks ago

I agree with that last sentence .

Wyoming was the last of the 3 states in the northern rockies that got state control  of wolves from the feds . all due to their management plan , what you see in place now was a compromise , in the yellowstone eco system they are protected to a degree with set seasons , quotas and state regulation to insure that the target number of animals is sustained, of course there is NO hunting of anything inside the parks  ,  outside the management zone , they are treated as varmints /vermin , with the state making the rules they did so that the animals did not spread where they were A
: not wanted , B: would be detrimental . I believe the state was pushing for just in the parks areas at first , they didnt want them anywhere else in the state . so inside the park protected , outside , gone .

After the way the feds and other groups behaved for over 10 years on transferring control to the state , im surprised they got what they did hammered out in the sized area they did .

But then again , the alternative at that point was the shoot shovel and shut up option and the loss of likely 80% of the wolves from reintroduction . which puts things back in the same beginning spot .

I would also point out , the guy the article is about , isnt a hunter , an asshole , POS , hermaphroditic needle dicked pencil neck opportunist , more appropriately describe that waste of air and skin .