╌>

Stefanik Loses It When Fox News Host Reminds Her She Called Trump a ‘Whack Job’

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  krishna  •  5 months ago  •  9 comments

Stefanik Loses It When Fox News Host Reminds Her She Called Trump a ‘Whack Job’
Stefanik’s former friends said she believed Trump was “too awful and ridiculous to be taken seriously.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Rep.   Elise Stefanik   does not like being reminded that she once called   Donald Trump   a “whack job” and “insulting to women.” During a Fox News interview, the New York Republican got heated when host Shannon Bream read excerpts from   a   New York Times   article   that included quotes showing Stefanik was initially critical of Trump’s candidacy in 2016.

The   Times   article quoted Stefanik telling a radio station in 2016 that Trump was “insulting to women”   in the   Access Hollywood   tape   where he bragged that he liked to “grab” women “by the pussy.” The paper also obtained a message where Stefanik said Trump was a “whack job” and reported that Stefanik’s former friends said she believed Trump was “too awful and ridiculous to be taken seriously.”

“It’s a disgrace that you would quote   The New York Times   with nameless, faceless, false sources,” Stefanik, the Republican Conference chair, said when Bream asked why she changed her mind about Trump.

“But they’re quoting your friends,” Bream said. “I’m giving you a chance to respond to that.”

“They’re not quoting my friends. Those names are not included because they are false smears,” Stefanik responded.

But, as Bream noted, “There a number of names of people who are quoted in the article.”

When Bream brought up Stefanik’s quote that Trump was “insulting to women” in his   Access Hollywood   comments, the congresswoman blamed the Democrats for leaking the tape. But according to a   source who spoke to The Wrap , “somebody at NBC News or the ‘Today’ show leaked the tape.”

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Krishna
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Krishna    5 months ago

Rep.      Elise Stefanik      does not like being reminded that she once called      Donald Trump      a “whack job” and “insulting to women.” During a Fox News interview, the New York Republican got heated when host Shannon Bream read excerpts from      a      New York Times      article      that included quotes showing Stefanik was initially critical of Trump’s candidacy in 2016.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2  seeder  Krishna    5 months ago

The      Times      article quoted Stefanik telling a radio station in 2016 that Trump was “insulting to women”      in the      Access Hollywood      tape      where he bragged that he liked to “grab” women “by the pussy.” The paper also obtained a message where Stefanik said Trump was a “whack job” and reported that Stefanik’s former friends said she believed Trump was “too awful and ridiculous to be taken seriously.”

Krishna
Professor Expert
3  seeder  Krishna    5 months ago

“It’s a disgrace that you would quote   The New York Times   with nameless, faceless, false sources,” Stefanik, the Republican Conference chair, said when Bream asked why she changed her mind about Trump.

“But they’re quoting your friends,” Bream said. “I’m giving you a chance to respond to that.”

Krishna
Professor Expert
4  seeder  Krishna    5 months ago

Due to a lack of interest in this item I will be deleting this evening.

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  seeder  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @4    5 months ago
Due to a lack of interest in this item I will be deleting this evening.

Lack of interest-- or lack of knowledge? jrSmiley_26_smiley_image.gif

Kavika
Professor Principal
5  Kavika     5 months ago

And now we see a 180 as she is trying to position herself for the VP slot.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
6  Gsquared    5 months ago

I'm not sure who is a bigger "whack job", Trump or Stefanik.  Maybe about equal.

Thomas
Masters Guide
7  Thomas    5 months ago

Ohhhhh boy.

My congressional representative is a bit touchy about stuff that she did in fact say BT: Before Trump.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
7.1  Gsquared  replied to  Thomas @7    5 months ago

That's something a lot of Republican politicians have in common, or sometimes they just pretend like people are too stupid to notice.