╌>

Joe Biden visits Hallie Biden days before she testifies in Hunter's gun trial

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  4 months ago  •  45 comments

By:   Hallie Biden (New York Post)

Joe Biden visits Hallie Biden days before she testifies in Hunter's gun trial
President Biden made a surprise nighttime visit to the Delaware home of Hallie Biden on Sunday.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WASHINGTON — President Biden made a surprise nighttime visit to the Delaware home of Hallie Biden on Sunday — just before she's due to serve as one of the most important witnesses at first son Hunter Biden's federal trial for alleged gun crimes.

Biden stopped by Hallie's home around 8 p.m. for a brief private talk eight days before the 54-year-old first son's trial is scheduled to stand trial beginning June 3.

Hallie dated Hunter at the time of his alleged gun crimes and is one of a dozen expected witnesses.

5Hunter and Hallie Biden, pictured in Mexico in 2017, began an affair shortly after his brother Beau Biden died of cancer. 5Biden stopped by Hallie's home in Delaware around 8 p.m. AFP via Getty Images

She was married to the president's son Beau Biden, who died in 2015 of brain cancer, before her relationship with his troubled younger brother.

Prosecutors allege Hunter lied about his drug use on gun purchase forms and then briefly illegally possessed at least one weapon — which Hallie disposed of in a public dumpster in 2018.

Although many commentators noted the awkward optics due to the looming trial, the visit came four days before the anniversary of Beau's death.

White House spokesman Andrew Bates told The Post that the president didn't discuss the trial with Hallie Biden during the visit.

"No," he replied. "He visited her because of the approaching 9th anniversary of Beau's passing."

5The White House did not disclose the reason for the president's brief visit around 8 p.m. AP

The first son faces the possibility of prison time in his first of two scheduled criminal trials.

Hunter is also set to stand trial in Los Angeles in September for allegedly failing to pay more than $1.4 million in federal taxes from 2016-2019.

5In February 2018, Hunter was spending $7,000 as month in rent for a home in Annapolis, MD, which he was sharing with his love Hallie Biden — his brother Beau's widow. 5Hunter's alleged illegal firearm was thrown a trash bin by Hallie Biden, the first son said in text messages obtained from his abandoned laptop.

The pair of criminal trials follow an alleged Justice Department coverup to shield the Biden family from liability for foreign business dealings in which Joe Biden played a recurring role.

Hunter agreed to a probation-only plea deal to the gun and tax crimes last June, but walked away from the "sweetheart" bargain at a July court hearing at which his attorneys demanded broad immunity of past conduct, including violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act, which could implicate his father.

The 81-year-old president, an attorney and former law school instructor, has boasted of his past legal exploits — with the serial embellisher telling Howard Stern last month that as a young lawyer he had worked on "a couple murder cases," though none are publicly known.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Talk about being above the law: fucking Biden can do anything he wants, law or no law!

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.1  Thomas  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

Isn't absolute immunity what you are claiming for Trump?

And Biden has plausible deniability. That is another of Trump's favorite fall-back positions. 

No story here except for the completely gullible.

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
1.1.1  Ronin2  replied to  Thomas @1.1    4 months ago

If you mean Brandon has been caught lying every step of the way about his involvement in Hunter's business dealings; then yes he has plausible deniability.

Democrats don't believe laws apply to them.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Thomas @1.1    4 months ago

Plausible deniability for Biden = I'm guilty as sin but you cannot prove or pin a thing on me!/sarc

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.1.3  Thomas  replied to  Ronin2 @1.1.1    4 months ago

I mean prove that he intended to and did change her testimony in a real way. That would be witness tampering. He could have just as easily told her to tell the complete and honest truth. Or maybe they talked about flying saucers and the tin man. The fact is that we don't know. But, I don't think that he has been barred from communication with her by any legal means. Which means that there was no statutory reason for him to not see her. So, as a consequence, no laws were broken and the heartfelt ravings that began this thread are specious

Talk about being above the law: fucking Biden can do anything he wants, law or no law!

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

Nothing like presidential witness tampering for all the world to see. I bet a dollar to a donut she was told by Biden exactly what to say on the witness stand. Hilarious and pathetic at the same time! And Biden and his minions complain about how low others will go

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.2.1  Thomas  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2    4 months ago

Why, pray tell, would Biden know what to say? Why would he not have her lawyer tell her what to say? There is no reason he could not have used numerous other ways either. The three Bidens in question are all on the same side presumably, so why not just offer advice by a more conventional way? This whole story reeks of MAGA lies built around nothing. Consider the source.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Sean Treacy  replied to  Thomas @1.2.1    4 months ago
This whole story reeks of MAGA lies built around nothing. Consider the source.

This is a family led by a man who refused to acknowledge  his own  grandchild and is famous for lying about every aspect of his life.  A man who who took inappropriate showers with his daughter and is accused of raping another woman, who also a criminal son who dated the widow of his brother while having numerous affairs with strippers, including one that resulted in a child he did everything in his power to avoid supporting. Not to mention who tried to arrange business meetings with him and CCP officials at a memorial for Sandy Hook victims.

The idea that  Bidens are above suspicion for any dishonest act or are more believable than any source is preposterous.  It's like the Gotti family calling a newspaper untrustworthy. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Thomas @1.2.1    4 months ago

Because his lawyers were probably with him. Biden probably went along because he did not want to take chances that she might have a bit of a independent streak in her and ruin things for him.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.4  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.2.2    4 months ago

Amen!

Thomas
Masters Guide
1.2.5  Thomas  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.2.3    4 months ago

So he is the heavy? 

Hahahahah

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.2.6  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Thomas @1.2.5    4 months ago

Actually, yes he is.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.3  devangelical  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

gee, I guess the maga morons can go after him, ... when he's out of office. LOL...

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.3.1  Greg Jones  replied to  devangelical @1.3    4 months ago

Oh, they will.  Count on it.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
1.4  Gsquared  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

Oh My God!   Biden visited with his daughter-in-law.  Should he be locked up?

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.4.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @1.4    4 months ago

Hunter is hoping that his brother’s widow still has fond feelings from the 3 1/2 year romance.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

Well, as trump said, Presidents can do anything they want and weren't you advocating for presidential immunity?

Yep. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2  seeder  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

I guess Garland wouldn't do it for him this time.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 months ago

Can we say Witness Tampering boys and girls?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
3.1  MrFrost  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @3    4 months ago

Can we say Witness Tampering boys and girls?

Can we say, "prove it", boys and girls?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
3.1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  MrFrost @3.1    4 months ago

So go ahead.  Prove me wrong.

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4  Snuffy    4 months ago

I'm sure they just talked about grandkids and golf.  LOL

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4.1  Gazoo  replied to  Snuffy @4    4 months ago

Exactly, just like lynch and clinton on a pheonix tarmac.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
4.2  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Snuffy @4    4 months ago
I'm sure they just talked about grandkids and golf.  LOL

Just like Jared and Ivanka never discussed the 2 BILLION DOLLARS the Saudis gave them, or Don JR and Eric never discussed any of Trumps business dealings with dear old dad...? 

WTF people, how do you see TWOFCKN BILLION AS FINE, but Hunter Bidens paltry millions as the problem. Jared LIVED in our White House !

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.1  Snuffy  replied to  Igknorantzruls @4.2    4 months ago
Just like Jared and Ivanka never discussed the 2 BILLION DOLLARS the Saudis gave them

That lie is still being pushed? The Saudis never gave that money to Jared & Ivanka, they invested it into an equity firm in the hopes of building more wealth. After all, that is what equity firms do. They take money from investors and re-invest it in order to make money both for themselves as well as their clients. With all the government oversight into private equity funds, if you have evidence that there is something amiss take it up with the SEC or one of the other agencies charged with oversight here.

After Kushner left the White House, he started a private equity firm that received a reported $2 billion investment from the sovereign wealth fund controlled by Prince Mohammed, drawing scrutiny from Democrats. Jared Kushner defends his equity firm getting $2 billion from Saudis after he left White House - CBS News

As far as Don JR or Eric discussing Trump business with dad, I'm reasonably sure that yes they did. Much like I'm reasonably sure that Hunter discussed his & family business with Joe. If you have no issue with Hunter and Joe discussing business then you shouldn't have an issue with the other side.

WTF people, how do you see TWOFCKN BILLION AS FINE, but Hunter Bidens paltry millions as the problem.

Again with that lie that the money was given to Jared. It wasn't, it was invested in an equity firm. As far as I know, there were no checks made out directly to Jared. Can't say the same thing about Hunter as the House has banking information that directly shows payments from foreign governments to Hunter.

J ared LIVED in our White House !

Prove it. Oh wait, you can't. Jared & Ivanka rented a home in the Kalorama neighborhood of Washington, DC. Their home was only a 3 minute walk from the Obama residence.

When Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner moved into an 8,200-square-foot house in the   Kalorama   neighborhood of Washington, D.C. earlier this year, it wasn't clear whether they owned or rented the property.

Now we know they're renting it—for   $15,000 a month —from Chilean billionaire Andrónico Luksic, who's currently embroiled in a legal dispute with the U.S. government over a proposed nickel-and-copper mine in Minnesota. (The   Wall Street Journal   first reported the rent and house's owner after reviewing recently filed documents.)

Jared Kushner Ivanka Trump Washington House - Interior Photos Of Ivanka Trump's Kalorama D.C. House (townandcountrymag.com)

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
4.2.2  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.1    4 months ago

i'll concede actually living at the White House was a stretch, but they both spent much time there both working there, and as i recall, without any clearance, as Jared could not pass security clearances', he was still SOMEHOW  privy to information, like what Don stole and hid from US. the truth ! somebody needs to explain it there, cause after being recommended to NOT invest with Jared Kushner, he did anyway, cause Jared and Trump did help the prince with his purple reign of Dis embowing an American journalist, captured live, till dead, on the reporters i watch           

"That lie is still being pushed? The Saudis never gave that money to Jared & Ivanka, they invested it into an equity firm in the hopes of building more wealth. After all, that is what equity firms do. They take money from investors and re-invest it in order to make money both for themselves as well as their clients. is the one investing the 2 BILLION the Saudi Prince did "

How can you claim it to be a LIE, when the articles ive read all state the Saudi Prince who most certainly had to approve of the reporters murder, gave Jared TWO BILLION to invest. How do you invest TWO BILLION if you don't have control of the money ?

:"his & family business with Joe. If you have no issue with Hunter and Joe discussing business then you shouldn't have an issue with the other side."

I DO take and have issues with what HUNTER DID. i ALSO HAVE issues WITH THE lying trump FAMILy, cause Trump NEVER relinquished any power over his organization. One that made millions off of foreign monies from China and various other countries. His sons also did not distance themselves from foreign monies, LIARS BOTH, just like dad

. i'll give you some creduit for them 'living' at the White House, but you blow it stating the 2 Billion wasn't 'given ' to Jarred, as control of the monies WAS passed to Kushner, otherwise how could he invest it?

George
Junior Expert
4.2.3  George  replied to  Igknorantzruls @4.2.2    4 months ago
and as i recall, without any clearance, as Jared could not pass security clearances'

Sigh……

Snuffy
Professor Participates
4.2.4  Snuffy  replied to  Igknorantzruls @4.2.2    4 months ago
How can you claim it to be a LIE, when the articles ive read all state the Saudi Prince who most certainly had to approve of the reporters murder, gave Jared TWO BILLION to invest. How do you invest TWO BILLION if you don't have control of the money ?

That "control" is shared with the SEC. The money was not given to Jared, it was given to the private equity firm and such firms have many rules and regulations they must follow and are regulated by the SEC. 

Trying to compare to the money given to Hunter Biden & the Biden family is comparing apples to kumquats. You're blowing smoke.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
4.2.5  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Snuffy @4.2.4    4 months ago

Well she was cute, that smoke, like you are attempting to be, and not be , you be, for easy to see, that who do you suppose is going tp be making MONEY from that TWO BILLION dollar investment....? Cause YOU KNOW, Jarred will be, so do explain how them BOTH receiving monies while related to  POTUS is different in both the cases, cause inn case, u forgot, Jarred and the Trumps will be getting monetary bumps for a while into the future, a nangle here, set up for life hs daughter deer...?d what exactly is Trumps angle, cause positive it isn't right

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
4.2.6  Igknorantzruls  replied to  George @4.2.3    4 months ago

what, 1 years in ?  So Jared couldn't pass the security clearance for a year ? so i was correct fpr a full year, or so, and you guys can be correct for the balance 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.2.7  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Igknorantzruls @4.2.6    4 months ago
So Jared couldn't pass the security clearance for a year ? so i was correct fpr a full year, or so, and you guys can be correct for the balance 

That isn’t how it works. After filling out the clearance paperwork (on line now), an investigator is assigned.  When he gets to you case he reviews your info, cross checks with government databases and typically schedules an interview with you.  After the interview, he may recommend approval.

The whole procedure can easily take a year.

Igknorantzruls
Freshman Quiet
4.2.8  Igknorantzruls  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @4.2.7    4 months ago

and does anyone here think Trump was picking through the highly classified documents, as he has a reputation for guarding our countries secrets seriously, and i'm shore Trump personally fished through all of the documents to ensure Jared didn't peak

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.2.9  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Igknorantzruls @4.2.8    4 months ago

Exactly, whatabout Trump.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
4.2.10  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Igknorantzruls @4.2.6    4 months ago
what, 1 years in ?  So Jared couldn't pass the security clearance for a year ?

The process to get my clearance for USAJFKSWCS took 11 months.  It's obvious you don't really know what is part of the process, who the investigator talks to and what is looked at.  

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
5  MonsterMash    4 months ago

"White House spokesman Andrew Bates told The Post that the president didn't discuss the trial with Hallie Biden during the visit."

Andrew Bates earns

Four Pinnocchios

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1  JBB  replied to  MonsterMash @5    4 months ago

[deleted] [] what crimes Biden is accused of breaking?

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
5.1.1  Greg Jones  replied to  JBB @5.1    4 months ago

And can you articulate what crimes Trump is alleged to have committed?

evilone
Professor Guide
5.1.2  evilone  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.1    4 months ago

The Trump indictments are public record. Anyone can look them up.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1.3  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  JBB @5.1    4 months ago
articulate what crimes Biden is accused of breaking

That makes little to no sense. How does one break a crime? A law, yes, but a crime?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.4  JBB  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.1    4 months ago

Can you give an honest answer to an honest question?

What crimes are Biden charged with that are so awful?

MrFrost
Professor Guide
5.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.1    4 months ago

Well that was easy...

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5.1.6  Gazoo  replied to  JBB @5.1.4    4 months ago

You mean what crimes did biden break?

JBB
Professor Principal
5.1.7  JBB  replied to  Gazoo @5.1.6    4 months ago

No, I meant what I said. What crime of Biden's upsets you?

What is he charged with in this case that has you so upset?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
5.1.8  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1.3    4 months ago

What some refuse to comprehend is that allegations/accusations sent to a grand jury in no way equate to hard evidence and guilt on the part of a individual. A grand jury determines whether said allegations warrant going to a criminal jury trial. Only said jury can find guilt or innocence. Under the law of the land all are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law no matter how much some wish otherwise. The law is still the law.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
5.1.9  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Greg Jones @5.1.1    4 months ago
That lie is still being pushed?

Give them some time.  It's going to take some time for them to pull more out of their 4th point of contact.