╌>

Biden signs executive order shutting down southern border

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  george  •  4 months ago  •  80 comments

By:   Gabe Gutierrez and Monica Alba (NBC News)

Biden signs executive order shutting down southern border
Facing mounting political pressure over the migrant influx at the U.S. southern border, President Joe Biden on Tuesday signed an executive order that will temporarily shut down asylum requests once the average number of daily encounters tops 2,500 between official ports of entry, according to a senior administration official.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

By Gabe Gutierrez and Monica Alba

WASHINGTON — Facing mounting political pressure over the migrant influx at the U.S. southern border, President Joe Biden on Tuesday signed an executive order that will temporarily shut down asylum requests once the average number of daily encounters tops 2,500 between official ports of entry, according to a senior administration official.

The shutdown would go into effect immediately since that threshold has already been met, a senior administration official said. The border would reopen only once that number falls to 1,500. The president's order would come under the Immigration and Nationality Act sections 212(f) and 215(a) suspending entry of noncitizens who cross the southern border into the United States unlawfully.

Senior administration officials said Tuesday in a call with reporters that "individuals who cross the southern border unlawfully or without authorization will generally be ineligible for asylum, absent exceptionally compelling circumstances, unless they are accepted by the proclamation."

The officials said that migrants who don't meet the requirement of having a "credible fear" when they apply for asylum will be immediately removable, and they "anticipate that we will be removing those individuals in a matter of days, if not hours,"

The White House conveyed details of the long-awaited move to lawmakers on Monday, but confirmed details of the executive order Tuesday morning ahead of planned remarks by the president in the East Room of the White House alongside mayors from several border towns.

"It's definitely a step in the right direction," said Texas state Rep. Eddie Jones, Jr., whose district includes Eagle Pass, Texas. "One of a number of steps that are necessary for us to be able to secure the border."

In 2018, the Trump administration tried to enact similar border restrictions but courts blocked them. The Biden administration now expects to defend the executive order against legal challenges.

Immigrants walk through razor wire in El Paso, Texas, in 2023.John Moore / Getty Images

The executive order will also have some exceptions, including for unaccompanied children.

In a written statement, Donald Trump campaign spokesperson Karoline Leavett claimed that exception would give a "green light to child traffickers and sex traffickers" while reiterating the former president's rallying cry that "the border invasion and migrant crime will not stop until Crooked Joe Biden is deported from the White House."

Republican lawmakers are slamming the move as too little, too late.

"(Biden) created a crisis at the border intentionally," said Sen. Kevin Cramer . R-ND. "(The executive action) has more political risk than political benefit, particularly because his own base is going to reject it."

But the White House has repeatedly argued that it was congressional Republicans who have failed to act on immigration. Earlier this year, Trump urged House GOP members to kill a bipartisan border funding bill that had been negotiated in the Senate. At the time, House Speaker Mike Johnson and other Republicans said that the Senate bill didn't go far enough and they argued that a more hardline immigration bill in the House was preferable.

"President Biden has led a historic opening of lawful pathways for individuals to and including families, to enter the United States through a lawful process, including the CBP One mobile application to request an appointment to present at a port of entry, as well as family reunification programs in countries throughout the region and a historic parole process for Cubans, Haitians, Nicaraguans and Venezuelans," a senior administration official said. "And so this measure that we are announcing today comes alongside those lawful pathways,"

The executive action comes on the heels of a historic presidential election in Mexico and just as the campaign in the U.S. ramps up. Trump has a 30-point edge with registered voters on the question of which candidate would handle immigration and border security better, including a 23-point edge among Latino voters, according to a late-March CNBC national poll.

Many immigrant advocates are furious at the president's harsher immigration policies and argue the changes will cause chaos.

"It is a betrayal of what we were told in his campaign four years ago," said Lindsay Toczylowski, the executive director for the California-based Immigrant Defenders Law Center. "We were told that President Biden would be restoring humanity at our border…But what we are seeing is that history is repeating itself."

Gabe Gutierrez

Gabe Gutierrez is a senior White House correspondent for NBC News.

Monica Alba

Monica Alba is a White House correspondent for NBC News.

Red Box Rules

No Memes

No Trump

No MAGA

and no fascist bullshit.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

George
Junior Expert
1  seeder  George    4 months ago

Didn't this senile old fool tell everyone repeatedly that he didn't have the power and needed Congress to act? i guess we can chalk it up to to a gaffe and not just another Biden lie.

So this stupid fucker is going to allow 2500 a day at official points of entry, for the match challenged that is still 912,500 year, and that doesn't account for those that enter through Non-official points of entry.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  George @1    4 months ago
Didn't this senile old fool tell everyone repeatedly that he didn't have the power and needed Congress to act?[]

George
Junior Expert
1.1.1  seeder  George  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1    4 months ago

How are the low functioning talking heads in the liberal media going to blame republicans now for Bidens inability to close the border? or are they just going to ignore the last 3 years and cheer this action as some sort of brilliant discovery by the Biden administration? surely, they are that big of hypocrites are they?

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.2  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  George @1.1.1    4 months ago

Biden did not do anything about the border 3 years ago because was not up for reelection and his poll numbers were not sagging then like they are now.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.3  evilone  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.2    4 months ago
Biden did not do anything about the border 3 years ago because was not up for reelection and his poll numbers were not sagging then like they are now.

This, of course works both ways. The House Republicans killed a good border bill 3 months ago because they didn't want to give Biden a perceived win in an election year.

I'm not defending Uncle Joe, I'm only pointing out there is a lot of blame to go around.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.4  TᵢG  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.2    4 months ago

That seems logical.   What is not logical is why anyone would want to ignore the illegal immigration problem.   Illegal immigration does not seem to help anyone and does not seem to help either political party.   

Given this has been a key political liability for Biden for years, it is a mystery as to why he did not address this sooner.   I know he tried to push through legislation yet the GOP was successfully dissuaded from supporting it, but I am talking about trying sooner even than that.   The problem has been festering for years.

( Allowed, SP )

George
Junior Expert
1.1.5  seeder  George  replied to  evilone @1.1.3    4 months ago

The republicans in the house passed a border security Bill HR2 over a year ago. why did the dems kill it?

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.6  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  George @1.1.1    4 months ago

There is nothing hypocritical about it.  Or did you forget about the EO Traitor Joe signed on 20 January 2021 that stopped all measures to secure the border?  Oh, and the SCOTUS ruling that Traitor Joe needs to secure the border? 

We also can't forget the lawsuits against Arizona and Texas remove everything they have done to secure the border.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.7  Right Down the Center  replied to  George @1.1.5    4 months ago
The republicans in the house passed a border security Bill HR2 over a year ago. why did the dems kill it?

It would have actually been effective and that is not what Joe wanted.  Instead he tried to blame it on the Republicans not putting through something brain dead Biden could have done without the Bill.  It is only when he couldn't shift the blame that he decided to do something he could have done all along and try to take credit for helping with border security.

And the dems will cheer his actions.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.8  evilone  replied to  George @1.1.5    4 months ago

Good governance requires a give and take. The House Freedom Caucus AND the House Congressional Progressive Caucus doesn't understand that. Again there is enough blame to go around on this issue. I'm not going to play the partisan games.

George
Junior Expert
1.1.9  seeder  George  replied to  evilone @1.1.8    4 months ago
I'm not going to play the partisan games.

And yet you wrote this.

The House Republicans killed a good border bill 3 months ago because they didn't want to give Biden a perceived win in an election year.

Which by definition is partisan,[]

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.10  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  evilone @1.1.3    4 months ago

Agreed. 

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.11  evilone  replied to  George @1.1.9    4 months ago
The House Republicans killed a good border bill 3 months ago because they didn't want to give Biden a perceived win in an election year.
Which by definition is partisan, do you want to post a different lie about playing partisan games?

That's illustrating both parties are to blame. But you keep making up shit in your head to make it personal. That's your game.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.12  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  evilone @1.1.8    4 months ago

I think the problem was that the 1st bill the Democrats pushed included aid for Israel and Ukraine. The problem was that the Democrats attached several riders to the bill that had nothing to do with the aforementioned aid. If they had pushed a stand alone bill for aid the Republicans wanted it probably would have gone through. HR2 got quashed I believe because it was pretty much a stand alone bill for aid. I could be wrong, but that was my understanding.

George
Junior Expert
1.1.13  seeder  George  replied to  evilone @1.1.8    4 months ago

Try again, I only mentioned Bidens hypocrisy in claiming he couldn't do it and blaming others and then actually doing what he said he couldn't, you are the only one that deflected into blaming the other party. so i simply pointed out that republicans passed a bill and asked where the dems were then, AFTER your deflection. 

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.14  evilone  replied to  George @1.1.13    4 months ago
I only mentioned Bidens hypocrisy in claiming he couldn't do

I didn't respond to your claim of Biden hypocrisy. Try again.

...you are the only one that deflected into blaming the other party.

The ad popullum fallicy? Really?

so i simply pointed out that republicans passed a bill and asked where the dems were then, AFTER your deflection. 

The Republicans passed a bill in the House and a bi-partisan bill was passed in the Senate. Both were killed for political reasons. Pointing that out isn't particularly partisan. BUT continuing to talk about that does deflect from your blaming Joe, so keep that up.

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.15  Split Personality  replied to  George @1.1.5    4 months ago

Several reasons;

It attempted to waive any and all restrictions to building walls and barriers along the border including environmental issues, Federal property, Indian nations territories and private property which is major concern in Texas where private citizens have always owned land right up to the edge of the border.

It attempted to constrain the Executive Branch's powers.

It would criminalize overstaying a work or student visa with 1 to 2 years in prisons plus fines. Currently it is a civil issue which affects deportation and future reentry restrictions. 

It would create a shortage of seasonal farm workers while criminalizing their employers with up to 18 months in prison and a $5K fine per unauthorized hire.

in the House Judiciary Committee of the Border Security and Enforcement Act of 2023 — one of the bills folded into this larger package — these provisions raised bipartisan red flags around privacy and potential technological errors that could keep even eligible people from working. Because these new verification requirements are not being coupled with legal workforce reforms that would ensure an adequately-sized pool of authorized workers, they threaten to spark alarm in critical sectors that are already facing labor shortages. For example,  nearly half  of U.S. agricultural workers are undocumented, and such stringent verification requirements could jeopardize Americans’ access to a  reliable food supply .   Bill Analysis: The Secure the Border Act of 2023 - National Immigration Forum

The Senate responded with a bipartisan effort by Sen Lankford (R) which seemed that it would pass until outside forces intervened. I believe it failed to garner 60 votes twice. 

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.16  evilone  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.12    4 months ago

On the bill coming from the Senate - The Dems were desperate to pass Ukraine and Israel funding so pretty much gave into almost all the demands the Reps wanted for the boarder AND it expanding funding for immigration courts to slow 'catch and release'. 

The Senate has it's fill of chuckleheads, but the House makes them seem normal and well adjusted. 

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.17  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  evilone @1.1.16    4 months ago

Matter of perspective I guess.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.18  evilone  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.17    4 months ago
Matter of perspective I guess.

You and I could solve this issue over lunch. Of course neither of us is running for election/re-election. 

George
Junior Expert
1.1.19  seeder  George  replied to  Split Personality @1.1.15    4 months ago

It failed to get 60 votes because only a moron would vote for a bill that allowed a 5000 a day threshold before the border shut down, or an average of 4000 a day over a 7 day period, that's twice what even a senile old fool like Joe was willing to tolerate. 

George
Junior Expert
1.1.20  seeder  George  replied to  evilone @1.1.14    4 months ago

No bill passed the senate.....Period

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
1.1.21  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  evilone @1.1.18    4 months ago

Very true. Contrary to what some here believe, I am a reasonable person.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
1.1.22  Greg Jones  replied to  evilone @1.1.3    4 months ago
"The House Republicans killed a good border bill"

Uh....no it wasn't. It was a very bad bill. Tell us what was good about it.

Biden caused this mess and all he has been able to do is piss off yet another group he was counting on.

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
1.1.23  Transyferous Rex  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.4    4 months ago
Given this has been a key political liability for Biden for years, it is a mystery as to why he did not address this sooner.

I hate to sound so cynical, but I don't see the mystery here. Political liability or not, voters would have forgotten anything done, had it been done sooner rather than later. It's all about buying votes. Had an old dog trainer tell me, a long time ago, the best method for creating loyalty was to choke the dog until it passed out, then sit with it, gently petting it, as it came to. According to him, the dog doesn't associate the choking with him, but the awakening. Sounds like terrible practice, but apparently it worked for him. Recency...and I don't think that is limited to dogs being choked by their trainer. 

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.24  evilone  replied to  Greg Jones @1.1.22    4 months ago
Biden caused this mess

How? Please be specific how Biden, personally was responsible for an issue that has been used as a voting wedge for the last 30 to 40 years?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1.25  Sean Treacy  replied to  evilone @1.1.24    4 months ago

Ask biden

August, 2020.

Biden: I’m going to use executive order to reverse all of Trump’s border security policies.

Q. Won’t that cause a border crisis?

Biden: It will if we don’t do it well.

goose is back
Junior Guide
1.1.26  goose is back  replied to  evilone @1.1.3    4 months ago
I'm not defending Uncle Joe

Sure you are, Traitor Joe didn't have to do anything, and the border would have remained secure. He took steps immediately to open the border. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.27  devangelical  replied to  evilone @1.1.24    4 months ago
an issue that has been used as a voting wedge for the last 30 to 40 years?

... closer to 100 years.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.28  TᵢG  replied to  Transyferous Rex @1.1.23    4 months ago

Current GoP partisans will complain no matter what, but Biden’s inaction gave them a real issue (rather than just making shit up).

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.29  evilone  replied to  goose is back @1.1.26    4 months ago
Sure you are, Traitor Joe didn't have to do anything, and the border would have remained secure. He took steps immediately to open the border. 

Hmmm... I'm trying to reconcile how the border would have remained secure AND how Republicans still needed a yuge wall, more agents?

At the same time I'm trying to figure out how everything was all beautiful and perfect at the border for the last 40 years before Joe was elected but all those past admins had issues too. I suppose it's possible Mayorkas has a time machine in his office and he went back and fucked it up, but that brings up several paradoxes so...hmmmmm....maybe not.

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.30  Kavika   replied to  evilone @1.1.29    4 months ago

10 of these signs were put up on the 5 and 805 freeways in Southern California in 1990 because illegals were trying to cross the freeways to avoid the crossing and dozens were killed. The last of them were taken down a few years ago. This border and illegals have been a problem for decades.

goose is back
Junior Guide
1.1.31  goose is back  replied to  evilone @1.1.29    4 months ago
still needed a yuge wall,

The wall was under construction and paid for, but Joe decided to stop it for whatever reason, maybe you have an answer. 

trying to figure out how everything was all beautiful and perfect

Never said it was! But he didn't turn it into the catastrophe it is now.  

I suppose it's possible Mayorkas has a time machine

Mayorkas has no credibility, don't even bring up his name.

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.32  evilone  replied to  goose is back @1.1.31    4 months ago
The wall was under construction and paid for, but Joe decided to stop it for whatever reason, maybe you have an answer. 

And then when it was determined some sections of wall HAD to be built by allocated money and they decided the best places to put them right wing populist still bitched. 

Never said it was! But he didn't turn it into the catastrophe it is now.  

The whole gist of all partisan bitching is that all Presidents are responsible for the fate of the world and that anything he does, or doesn't do, is a catastrophe and the end of Democracy and the hordes will overrun us, the sun will die and life on the planet will be snuffed out unless their party is elected... Hyperbole at it's finest.

Mayorkas has no credibility...

I don't disagree, but he's far from the only useless skin bag collecting a government check. Speaking of useless skin bags collecting government checks I just read Comer's blowing hot air on NewsMax again...

Split Personality
Professor Guide
1.1.33  Split Personality  replied to  Kavika @1.1.30    4 months ago

We were PCS'ing from CA to SC and followed US10 across the lower states, broke down briefly in El Paso

where we saw several of those signs on US10.

In the early 1900s the Texas Rangers had cart blanche to patrol the Border from the Carribean to the Pacific

specifically to prevent Chinese from entering from Mexico.  Mexicans were free to come and go as they pleased as many have relatives and property throughout the former SPMexican territories now in the US.

The Rangers routinely killed Mexicans or Indians suspected of stealing horses or cattle.  No juries, no burials.

The problems were exacerbated during WWII when FDR's  government  allowed seasonal workers to stay for the duration of the war filling in where ever needed, agriculture or factories. True to his GOP roots Eisenhower tried to end the Bracero Program immediately upon becoming POTUS trying to deport 5 million Mexican laborers who now had wives and American born children.   The program held on until the 60's.

During the war only 260,000 were hired legally under US contracts, because for the typical Texas or California farmer or rancher it  was easier to just skip the legalities and hire them illegally which is why its so IRONIC for Texas to be the biggest complainer about the border.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
1.1.34  arkpdx  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @1.1.2    4 months ago
Biden did not do anything about the border

Well I wouldn't say he didn't do anything. He did open it wide open and invited any and all who wanted to come on in, including drug dealers, human traffickers, drug smugglers, terrorists and those that have no right or business to enter the US. 

Transyferous Rex
Freshman Quiet
1.1.35  Transyferous Rex  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.28    4 months ago
Current GoP partisans will complain no matter what

I agree there, but nothing is done with the partisans, from either side, in mind. 

goose is back
Junior Guide
1.1.36  goose is back  replied to  evilone @1.1.32    4 months ago
Presidents are responsible for the fate of the world

Presidents are first responsible for the United States!  If everything is so great with the southern border, why is Biden doing anything hmmm. 

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.37  TᵢG  replied to  goose is back @1.1.36    4 months ago

The border is a problem.   The objection is a) GOP hypocrisy and b) absurd hyperbole.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.38  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.37    4 months ago

The border is a problem.    A problem exasperated by the Biden administrations limp wristed border policy.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
1.1.39  Right Down the Center  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.38    4 months ago

limp wristed border policy.

"Come on in" is hardly a policy but I get your point.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.40  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.38    4 months ago

Yes, Sparty, this is (IMO) the key policy failure of Biden.   And the GOP (driven by Trump) is playing politics instead of working to address the problem.

goose is back
Junior Guide
1.1.41  goose is back  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.40    4 months ago
And the GOP (driven by Trump)

The border was a shit show way before Trump got involved. 

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.42  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.40    4 months ago
playing politics

No different than Biden and Dems so what’s your point?

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.43  TᵢG  replied to  goose is back @1.1.41    4 months ago
The border was a shit show way before Trump got involved. 

You have clearly totally missed the point I made.

TᵢG
Professor Principal
1.1.44  TᵢG  replied to  Sparty On @1.1.42    4 months ago
... what’s your point?

Read my comment, the point is obvious.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
1.1.45  Sparty On  replied to  TᵢG @1.1.44    4 months ago

Already have, which is why I asked the question.   A question which is absolutely, spot on.

MonsterMash
Sophomore Quiet
2  MonsterMash    4 months ago

"President Joe Biden on Tuesday signed an executive order that will temporarily shut down asylum requests" 

The temporary order will remain in effect until the day after the election.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
2.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  MonsterMash @2    4 months ago

2,500 a day on a rolling weekly average by days average. Still too many...........way too many. THAT is not shutting down a damned thing

George
Junior Expert
2.1.1  seeder  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @2.1    4 months ago
2,500 a day on a rolling weekly average by days average. Still too many...........way too many.

And yet there is a group whining that he who shall not be named blocked a bill the allowed for 5000 a day or a 4000 a day over a week rolling average. who the fuck are they kidding? the senate bill was a piece of shit. 

Ronin2
Professor Quiet
2.2  Ronin2  replied to  MonsterMash @2    4 months ago

Just like his tapping, yet again, of the US oil and gas reserves right before an election.

The bill to replace the oil and gas Brandon has stolen to try and buy votes for Democrats will be due right after the election ends. The amount of money lost replacing it will not matter then to them.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
3  Nerm_L    4 months ago

[]

George
Junior Expert
4  seeder  George    4 months ago

[A few things here and there.]

[Everyone has ten minutes to edit their comments here. Period.]

[So I would not recommend flagging until the comments are at least 10 minutes old.]

[Tig's comment did not violate the RBR when I reviewed it.  Nerm's still did.

[Furthermore, in order to avoids points for meta, I would refrain from complaining]

[or making aspersions about the mods in public.]

[Thanks SP]

George
Junior Expert
4.1  seeder  George  replied to  George @4    4 months ago

[Tig wasn't "Allowed to edit it" as if there is some form of favoritism.]

[If indeed he did edit it, ( I see no proof of that )  it could only be within the system's limit of ten minutes which applies to [everyone equally.]

[You really need to drop this, NOW.

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
4.2  arkpdx  replied to  George @4    4 months ago

[]

Gazoo
Junior Silent
5  Gazoo    4 months ago

There must be an election coming up. Too little, too late, dementia boy.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
5.1  Sparty On  replied to  Gazoo @5    4 months ago

lol …. You were like 2 minutes ahead of me

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6  Sparty On    4 months ago

Yep, there is an election again in November …. gotta start getting the lies lined up to scam votes.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
6.1  Gazoo  replied to  Sparty On @6    4 months ago

gotta start getting the lies lined up to scam votes.”

And start draining the strategic petroleum reserves, so, you know, the stupid among us will think he cares about gas prices.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
6.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Gazoo @6.1    4 months ago

Yep, the pandering buffet is being served ….

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7  Sean Treacy    4 months ago

I was repeatedly told the President couldn't do this and the Republicans screwed up because they didn't accept the "best deal ever' that let in hundreds of thousands more illegals than this order does.  How could this happen?? 

I wonder how used and lied to the people who parroted those points feel now.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
7.1  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    4 months ago

They really think people are stupid.

Sparty On
Professor Principal
7.1.1  Sparty On  replied to  Vic Eldred @7.1    4 months ago
people are stupid.

Useful idiots certainly are …

evilone
Professor Guide
7.2  evilone  replied to  Sean Treacy @7    4 months ago
I was repeatedly told the President couldn't do this...

Maybe this is why the ACLU is suing?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
7.2.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  evilone @7.2    4 months ago

The aclu would have sued to stop any legislation as well. 

evilone
Professor Guide
7.2.2  evilone  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.2.1    4 months ago
The aclu would have sued to stop any legislation as well. 

Maybe. We won't know, because Congress can't stop raising money off the issue to want to pass any.

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
7.2.3  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Sean Treacy @7.2.1    4 months ago

You mean the ACLU as in the American Civil Leftist Union?/s

arkpdx
Professor Quiet
7.2.4  arkpdx  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @7.2.3    4 months ago

[deleted][]

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
8  Right Down the Center    4 months ago

So Biden signed an executive order so he can say he did something he could have done 3 years ago.  Now he will see if it gets him enough good press to pick up a few votes.  If it does he will not act on the executive order.  If it doesn't he will stop illegals for a day so his press secretary can tell us all about the "historic move to secure the border".

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Right Down the Center @8    4 months ago

It's a smoke and mirror job on Biden's part as there will still be thousands upon thousands of illegals still allowed into the country on a regular basis.

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
8.1.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.1    4 months ago

2500 a day x 365 = 912,500 per year

George
Junior Expert
8.1.2  seeder  George  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.1    4 months ago

And just imagine, the moronic left are still claiming the Senate bill had everything that the republicans want at twice that number, Gullible or stupid doesn't begin to describe it.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
8.1.3  Right Down the Center  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.1    4 months ago

Of coarse that only counts between official ports of entry and Brandon actually does something when it hits those numbers.  Knowing the dems they will probably use a turnstile counter that only turns every fifth person to keep track how many are coming through.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
8.1.4  Sean Treacy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @8.1.1    4 months ago

100,000 a year was considered a crisis by the Obama administration…

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
8.1.5  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  Right Down the Center @8.1.3    4 months ago

And you damn well know the getaways will not even be considered into the equation.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
8.1.6  Right Down the Center  replied to  Ed-NavDoc @8.1.5    4 months ago

Joe will have them construct a yellow brick road for the illegals to use in order to bypass being counted.

evilone
Professor Guide
8.2  evilone  replied to  Right Down the Center @8    4 months ago
So Biden signed an executive order so he can say he did something he could have done 3 years ago.

Yup.

Now he will see if it gets him enough good press to pick up a few votes. 

The left wing populists are pissy about it, but it will take a few weeks to see if there is any movement to the polling numbers. 

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
8.3  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Right Down the Center @8    4 months ago
So Biden signed an executive order so he can say he did something he could have done 3 years ago.

3 years ago all this bumbling idiot had to do was sit back and eat his pudding.  Everything was in the works.  But, we couldn't have that.  He had to make it his own (failure).

charger 383
Professor Silent
9  charger 383    4 months ago

2,500 is still 2,500 too many

Ed-NavDoc
Professor Quiet
9.1  Ed-NavDoc  replied to  charger 383 @9    4 months ago

Exactamundo!