╌>

Arizona man indicted for guns sold as part of alleged plot to start race war

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  evilone  •  3 months ago  •  9 comments

By:   Lauren Irwin (The Hill)

Arizona man indicted for guns sold as part of alleged plot to start race war
An Arizona man has been indicted by a federal grand jury for selling guns as part of an alleged plan to commit a mass shooting and spark a race war ahead of the 2024 presidential election. Mark Adams Prieto, 58, of Prescott, Ariz., was indicted on charges of firearms trafficking, transfer of a firearm for…

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

by Lauren Irwin - 06/12/24 11:45 AM ET
6515f46513d383.70100094.jpeg?w=2000&ssl=1

An Arizona man has been indicted by a federal grand jury for selling guns as part of an alleged plan to commit a mass shooting and spark a race war ahead of the 2024 presidential election.

Mark Adams Prieto, 58, of Prescott, Ariz., was indicted on charges of firearms trafficking, transfer of a firearm for use in a hate crime and possession of an unregistered firearm, the U.S. Attorneys Office in Arizona said in a release Tuesday.

Starting in January 2024, according to the U.S. Attorneys office, Prieto began talking to two individuals who he did not know worked for the Federal Bureau of Investigation to "devise a plan to commit a mass shooting of African Americans and other minorities to incite a race war" ahead of the election.

He did not know that the individuals he was speaking to were working for the government and "instead believed that they shared his racist beliefs and wanted to commit a mass shooting to incite a race war," the U.S. Attorneys office in Arizona said in their release.

The shooting was allegedly planned for an Atlanta concert on May 14 and May 15, the release said.

Prieto sold two rifles to one of the FBI individuals, an AK-style rifle sold in February and an AR-style rifle in March, according to the release. The FBI said it closely monitored Prieto's movements during the investigation.

Prieto was stopped by law enforcement driving east from Arizona through New Mexico on May 14 and he was found to be in possession of seven firearms and taken into federal custody, the release said. Law enforcement then executed a search warrant at his home and found more guns, including an unregistered rifle.

The U.S. Attorneys Office said each conviction carries a maximum penalty of 15 years in prison, a fine of $250,000 or both. The possession of an unregistered firearm carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison, a fine of $250,000 or both.

The investigation was conducted by the Phoenix FBI field office.

Tags 2024 presidential election Arizona Atlanta FBI mass shooting Phoenix

Copyright 2024 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

evilone
Professor Guide
1  seeder  evilone    3 months ago

On another article I was reading over my lunch break the man was quoted as planning to shoot up a rap concert in Atlanta, because Georgia has become too liberal. He planned to leave Confederate Flags to inflame the "war". 

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1  devangelical  replied to  evilone @1    3 months ago

charlie manson 2.0 ...

evilone
Professor Guide
1.1.1  seeder  evilone  replied to  devangelical @1.1    3 months ago

Chuckles outsourced his crimes.

devangelical
Professor Principal
1.1.2  devangelical  replied to  evilone @1.1.1    3 months ago

... a very popular concept among narcissists.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    3 months ago

Nope. Conservatives don't incite violence...EVER!

Drakkonis
Professor Guide
2.1  Drakkonis  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    3 months ago

Define "conservative". You appear to define conservative as a homogenous entity, where all believe the same. I consider myself conservative and I can tell you that I do not believe the sorts of things the individual described in the article appears to believe. I further contend that the vast majority of those who would describe themselves as conservative feel the same. This is because conservatism is more about the values one holds than it is about the color of one's skin. Therefore, most conservatives would not recognize the individual in the article as being conservative. 

Kavika
Professor Principal
3  Kavika     3 months ago
Nope. Conservatives don't incite violence...EVER!

He is a tourist, yup that's the ticket.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4  Hal A. Lujah    3 months ago

Not to worry, Georgia is filled with good guys with guns to stop the bad guy with a gun.

Hallux
Professor Principal
5  Hallux    3 months ago

America is multi-ethnic, She will need multiple race wars to get to the real conflagration between those with imagination and those without. Until then, Happy Patriot Games! You know you want 'em.