╌>

Questions raised about medically juicing Biden for debate

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  4 months ago  •  37 comments

By:   Paul Bedard

Questions raised about medically juicing Biden for debate

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

W ith President Joe Biden physically  drained  by one long European trip and now off  to southern Italy  for the annual Group of Seven economic summit, expectations are growing that he will return for a long Camp David rest to prepare for the first 2024 debate on June 27 with former President Donald Trump.

Some are speculating that Biden, seen Monday night standing  stiff and unconnected  to the White House celebration of Juneteenth on the South Lawn, may be medically revitalized during his visit to the Maryland presidential resort.

Kellyanne Conway, a former White House adviser to Trump, suggested on Fox on Wednesday that Biden might get juiced.

"I wonder what's going to happen with him medically at Camp David for 10 days because we have no hard evidence that Joe Biden can stand anywhere, let alone at a podium, intimidated by Donald Trump feet away from him for 90 minutes without a teleprompter," she said, according to a post on X.

Similar suggestions were aired after Biden's recent State of the Union address, in which he appeared engaged and lingered long after to socialize with politicians in the House chamber.

Trump, for example, rumored that Biden was on stimulating drugs. At one point, when the president verbally stumbled, Trump said on social media, "THE DRUGS ARE WEARING OFF!" He has also called for pre-debate drug tests.

Biden spent the weekend in France, attending D-Day anniversary events and a state visit. He returned briefly to the White House, where he was seen frozen on the South Lawn during a musical performance that had those around him dancing in place. He left for Italy on Wednesday.

Biden's plans for debate preparation have not been announced.  News reports  suggest he plans to spend several days at Camp David, where media are not allowed.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    4 months ago

Biden can put it all to rest once and for all....Take the test.

JBB
Professor Principal
1.1  JBB  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

Okay! Cool as long as we drug test both candidates. What say ye?

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  JBB @1.1    4 months ago

Absolutely. One has already offered. Now what do you say????

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.2  MrFrost  replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    4 months ago

Absolutely. One has already offered. Now what do you say????

Trump is a drug addict, already been proven. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.1.3  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.2    4 months ago

Don’t know who’s medical records these are but are you violating HIPAA?

Kavika
Professor Principal
1.1.4  Kavika   replied to  Vic Eldred @1.1.1    4 months ago
One has already offered. Now what do you say????

That one has also said that he would testify at all of his trials, which of course was a lie, I think we can take his current offer with a gain of salt, or better yet a shaker of salt.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.5  MrFrost  replied to  Drinker of the Wry @1.1.3    4 months ago

[]

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.6  MrFrost  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.5    4 months ago

[]

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1.7  MrFrost  replied to  MrFrost @1.1.6    4 months ago

Take care everyone. Buh bye. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2  Tessylo  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    4 months ago

#34 needs to take something to stop that uncontrolled diarrhea coming from its' mouth

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @1.2    4 months ago
#34 needs to take something to stop that uncontrolled diarrhea coming from its' mouth

I'll pass on your pro tip at the next seance, see if we can raise Ike.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
1.2.2  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Texan1211 @1.2.1    4 months ago

I like Ike.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    4 months ago

His pupils get crazy when the  dose is a little off.

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    4 months ago

Like they are in outer space.

I wonder if that happened to Clark Kent when the Superman shot began to wear off.

Gsquared
Professor Principal
3  Gsquared    4 months ago

They need to find an anti-psychotic drug for Trump to take to combat his schizophrenia and try to stop his hallucinations.

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Gsquared @3    4 months ago

[]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3.2  Tessylo  replied to  Gsquared @3    4 months ago

That's not fair to schizophrenics.  #34 is mentally disabled on a whole 'nother level.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.2.1  Texan1211  replied to  Tessylo @3.2    4 months ago

[deleted][]

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4  Tacos!    4 months ago

Why should anyone care if he takes medication for energy or improved cognition or anything else? I hope he's taking every medicine that might benefit him. I would want that for any president. 

Idiots are trying to turn something benign into an Olympic doping scandal. It's a different situation.

Do you take medicine to control diabetes? COPD? Anxiety? Arthritis? Hay Fever?

If you were at risk for Alzheimers and could take medicine for it, wouldn't you? This is a stupid and frankly obnoxious attempt to invade someone else's medical choices (what else is new, GOP?) and scandalize doing the right thing.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tacos! @4    4 months ago

If we are talking about a maintenance drug that a person takes 100% of the time I agree 100%.  If it is needed 1% of the time to be able to think/speak coherently I have to wonder what the person is like the other 99% of the time.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.1  Tacos!  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1    4 months ago

It doesn’t make any difference. I drink coffee to get me going, but only in the morning. I take antacids, but only after spaghetti. What matters is the overall performance, not what he has to pull out of his medicine cabinet to accomplish it.

Right Down the Center
Masters Guide
4.1.2  Right Down the Center  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.1    4 months ago
overall performance

Sounds like you are saying it is OK to take uppers only when you need to be "up".  When can a president afford to not be "up"?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.3  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.1    4 months ago

Do you think emergencies align with medication schedules?  Can they wait to ramp up his cognitive abilities?   What if they last more than a couple hours? 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.4  Tacos!  replied to  Right Down the Center @4.1.2    4 months ago
When can a president afford to not be "up"?

Lots of times. All presidents do things to relax. They even sleep. Every night. It's actually a healthy way to be.

I think judging the performance over how he manages it is a perfectly reasonable standard.

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.5  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.3    4 months ago

You're getting your panties in a twist over vague hypotheses. It's ridiculous to speculate on how any president's particular medication and health status will interact with an unspecified emergency. There are too many variables.

And anyway, all presidents are mentally compromised from time to time. They may be stressed about - or distracted by - the general state of affairs in the world, a specific situation, or something in their family. We have had combat veterans serve as president, and I don't think it would be impossible that every last one of them had some level of PTSD. Or maybe they have some chronic injury or pain situation, and that distracts them.

FDR was president for 12 years and couldn't work his legs the whole time. JFK had Addison's Disease. Ike had Crohn's disease. These men were all perfectly good presidents, but they probably would have preferred not to have the distraction of their conditions. 

What matters is the performance of the job.

So, by all means, when you think about voting, consider whether or not you think a candidate can do the job, but disqualifying him on the sole basis that he takes medication is extremely short sighted, in my opinion. If he takes medication and it works, then it makes no difference to me.

And if Biden isn't taking medication to improve his performance, I kind of wish he would.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
4.1.6  Sean Treacy  replied to  Tacos! @4.1.5    4 months ago

They may be stressed about - or distracted by - the general state of affairs in the world, a specific situation,

yeah, it’s crazy to think the president of the  most powerful country in the world might have to make a decision after dark or before his stimulants kick in.  Let’s just hope that never happens becuase asking that the president not suffer from cognitive deficits is just too much to ask.   

They may be stressed about - or distracted by - the general state of affairs in the world, a specific situation,

that is such a preposterously dishonest argument.  Kudos,  Didn’t expect to see Biden’s deteriorating mental state equated to stress, but here we are.  Amazing. 

Tacos!
Professor Guide
4.1.7  Tacos!  replied to  Sean Treacy @4.1.6    4 months ago
yeah, it’s crazy to think the president of the  most powerful country in the world might have to make a decision after dark or before his stimulants kick in

You’re engaging in a straw man argument now. I specifically spoke against this kind of hypothesizing but you want to pretend it’s my position. It’s not. I said the performance matters. Again, speculating about a specific situation, a specific mental health condition, and specific meds is pointless. You don’t have that much information.

that is such a preposterously dishonest argument

No, it’s the argument of someone who has studied mental health a little. There is a lot of ignorance about this out there, so your quick skepticism, while disappointing, is not surprising.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5  Sean Treacy    4 months ago

Didn’t get the dose right.

here he is wandering off and having to be corralled by the Italian PM

Just Jim NC TttH
Professor Principal
5.1  Just Jim NC TttH  replied to  Sean Treacy @5    4 months ago

Classic.............

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Just Jim NC TttH @5.1    4 months ago

It’s just embarrassing that leaders of other countries have to mind him like a toddler. 

afrayedknot
Junior Quiet
5.1.2  afrayedknot  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.1    4 months ago

“…mind him like a toddler.”

….as opposed to his predecessor and thus beating him like a drum in his oft stated desire to be the unquestioned leader of his very own autocratic regime. 

George
Junior Expert
5.1.3  George  replied to  Sean Treacy @5.1.1    4 months ago

***Pause***

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @5.1.2    4 months ago

[deleted][]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1.5  Sean Treacy  replied to  George @5.1.3    4 months ago

Ha

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.1.6  Texan1211  replied to  afrayedknot @5.1.2    4 months ago
as opposed to his predecessor and thus beating him like a drum in his oft stated desire to be the unquestioned leader of his very own autocratic regime. 

Why are you deflecting?

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
6  Sean Treacy    4 months ago

Biden scolds a reporter for asking about Gaza and not a pre-approved question about Ukraine: “I wish you guys would play by the rules”

that’s where we are at.  The independent press’s role is to stick to the script and let the president  play act like an actual president.  It’s just a stage produced play that demeans both the press and the presidency 

GregTx
Professor Guide
6.1  GregTx  replied to  Sean Treacy @6    4 months ago

And our country.