╌>

Joe Biden campaign sees Barack Obama's hand in calls to drop out, 'Morning Joe' says

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  vic-eldred  •  3 months ago  •  17 comments

By:   Dominick Mastrangelo (The Hill)

Joe Biden campaign sees Barack Obama's hand in calls to drop out, 'Morning Joe' says
Scarborough added during Thursday's broadcast that Biden is "deeply resentful of his treatment under not only the Obama staff but also the way he was pushed aside for Hillary Clinton" in 2016.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough said Thursday that President Biden's campaign believes former President Obama is behind growing calls for his former vice president to drop out of the 2024 race.

"One thing that we do have to underline here — just so viewers can follow what's going on behind the scenes — is the Biden campaign and many Democratic officials do believe that Barack Obama is quietly working behind the scenes to orchestrate this," Scarborough said on "Morning Joe."

Scarborough added during Thursday's broadcast that Biden is "deeply resentful of his treatment under not only the Obama staff but also the way he was pushed aside for Hillary Clinton" in 2016.

Mika Brzezinski, Scarborough's co-host and wife, added, "I think Barack Obama has a lot of influence, and there's a lot there."

Biden is facing calls to drop out of the race and intensifying questions about his mental acuity and ability to defeat former President Trump following his shaky debate performance two weeks ago.

Former aides to Obama have been among Biden's most vocal critics in the post debate fallout.

Biden has said he intends to stay in, while Scarborough has defended the president from calls to bow out.

Actor George Clooney, a prominent backer of both Biden and Obama, published an op-ed in The New York Times on Wednesday calling for the president to step aside.

Obama reportedly discussed the opinion piece with Clooney beforehand, though the former president allegedly did not encourage the actor or dissuade him from coming out against Biden.

Biden is a noted watcher of "Morning Joe," MSNBC's flagship morning talk show, calling in to it Monday to defend himself from his critics on the left.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Vic Eldred    3 months ago

Last seen, Obama has directing Joe Biden off the stage.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 months ago

A Lot of left wing media reporting Obama is leading the charge behind the scenes to remove Biden, who's hunkered down like Hitler in his bunker with Jill and Hunter Biden controlling access to him and pushing him to stay. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
1.1.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @1.1    3 months ago

I think that we can agree that ;

1) The two men don't like each other, after all Obama gave the nod to Hillary over Joe in 2016.

2) Obama does not want the changes that both he and especially Joe brought to the country wiped away, via the reelection of Donald Trump.

3) Though I have nothing but distaste for both of them, Obama was always right about Biden's ability to screw up.

cjcold
Professor Quiet
1.2  cjcold  replied to  Vic Eldred @1    3 months ago

[deleted][]

Tessylo
Professor Principal
1.2.1  Tessylo  replied to  cjcold @1.2    3 months ago

[deleted][]

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  cjcold @1.2    3 months ago
Nobody will take you seriously until you can form a proper sentence.

Wow, I can but hope one day to be able to point out typos as well as you.

a6ab79bb19d79674ecc87e0720692bb4.jpeg

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2  Sean Treacy    3 months ago

“The super friends are assembling,” a House Democrat told  Politico . “There’s a group of people who are going to go make their case to whomever they can get to at the White House that he needs to step aside and we’re going to get our asses kicked if he doesn’t.”

The sane Democrats still see reality.  Blueanon thinks a few minutes of sentience out of a less than an hour "big boy press conference" saved him.

Imagine getting your news from someone this insane: MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell called it "nothing less than the most masterful televised Presidential press conference about foreign policy ever."  It defies reality. 

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    3 months ago
Blueanon thinks a few minutes of sentience out of a less than an hour "big boy press conference" saved him.

He is going to speak again tonight in Michigan. Hopefully he reads his lines, and they can lead him off the stage.

He will make it through another day.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Sean Treacy @2    3 months ago

Wow, I didn't know MSNBC was still shilling for Biden!

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
3  Greg Jones    3 months ago

To me, Biden resembles John Gill, played by David Brian, in the original Star Trek episode "Patterns of Force"

The controversial but very interesting "Nazi" episode that was banned in Germany for long time.

835694da194a7c21f42b0ee6f4a539e2.jpg

Star Trek's Nazi Portrayal Got A Season 2 Episode Banned In Germany For Decades - IMDb

Vic Eldred
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Vic Eldred  replied to  Greg Jones @3    3 months ago

I wish I had seen it.

Greg Jones
Professor Participates
4  Greg Jones    3 months ago

Not the full episode but a pretty good synopsis. I know this not quite on topic, but it probably reveals what's happening to Biden behind the scenes.

A Look at Patterns of Force (Star Trek) (youtube.com)

CB
Professor Principal
4.1  CB  replied to  Greg Jones @4    3 months ago

I saw all the Star Trek series commercially free for the public. So yes, I saw that one too. It does not remotely relate to Obama, but for "You" -the collective you- and a willingness to not understand.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
5  Nerm_L    3 months ago

Just another Big Boy moment from the Biden campaign.  Keep in mind that Democrats are jumping off Biden's turnip wagon so he can't scapegoat Trump.  But it has to be someone's fault.  Why not Obama and Clinton?  Joe Biden is the second coming of Calvin Coolidge isn't he?

Now attention turns to Milwaukee with Democrats in disarray.  Gonna be hard for a Biden-under-fire to fundraise in the shadow of the hated Trump on stage.  So, sit back, pop open an Old Milwaukee, and enjoy the show.  Nothing is going to happen to Biden while Republicans have the spotlight.  Biden dropping out next week would be cause for an epic party on primetime; the hangovers might last until the DNC convention.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
5.1  Sean Treacy  replied to  Nerm_L @5    3 months ago

Replacing Biden during the Republican convention and taking attention from trump would piss him off so much… but I don’t think democrats can move that fast. 

Colour Me Free
Senior Quiet
6  Colour Me Free    3 months ago

Huh?  Scarborough's brain is pickled .. Biden was not pushed aside for H. in 2016 .. he chose not to run saying that it was the right decision for his family.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
7  MrFrost    3 months ago

Wow, the ODS is still a thing, pretty sad.