╌>

Another side to Kamala Harris

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  s  •  2 months ago  •  8 comments

Another side to Kamala Harris
As Attorney General, Senator Harris instructed her entire staff to stand every morning as she entered the office and say, “Good Morning General.”

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

As many of you know, my family has some long political roots. My dad, J Eugene McAteer, was a San Francisco supervisor and state senator until his untimely death at age 51.

I pursued the educational political route and was elected Nevada County Superintendent of Schools for six- four-year terms. Our son, Gregory, loves politics and thought that it also might be his passion.

A few years ago, I assisted him in securing a summer non-paid internship with Senator Dianne Feinstein in her San Francisco office. Feinstein’s office was unable to have Gregory start in June but told him that then-Attorney General Kamala Harris was looking for summer interns.

While I have nothing against now-Senator Harris as she is a good orator and has done some fine things while holding elective office, I believe, however, how she treats her staff is as important as an individual’s legislative accomplishments. A person’s character is probably one of the most important attributes for someone wanting to obtain the office of President.

Presidential candidate and U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar had drawn scrutiny for her berating treatment of her staff. This particular flaw by elected officials in dealing with common courtesy and respect toward staff is something for which most people in this country have little tolerance. Sure, the job is stressful and we’ve all dealt with an angry boss in our lives but there is another side of Kamala Harris which the general public does not know.

Gregory had an eye-opening experience in Kamala Harris’ office that none of us expected. For his sake, the month could not pass quickly enough. Needless to say, he was delighted to work in Feinstein’s office for the rest of the summer.

Four short episodes I would like to share of his month-long internship for Kamala Harris:

Senator Harris vocally throws around “F-bombs” and other profanity constantly in her berating of staff and others. The staff is in complete fear of her and she uses her profanity throughout the day.

As Attorney General, Senator Harris instructed her entire staff to stand every morning as she entered the office and say, “Good Morning General.”

Never once during the month-long internship did Harris introduce herself to our son (as he was only in an office with 20 paid employees) and staff was too intimidated by her to introduce him. The only acknowledgment was a form letter of “thanks” signed by Harris given to him on his last day of service.

Gregory was also given instructions to never address Harris nor look her in the eye as that privilege was only allowed to senior staff members.

I don’t know about you but this is not the workplace of someone who respects her staff. For a woman of color to have employees stand when she enters the room smacks of a bygone era that we, as Americans, deplore and find demeaning. Furthermore, that she didn’t show the quality of leadership skills or even being a decent boss — much less the “class” to approach Gregory at least once during the month to say “Hi, I’m Kamala Harris and I want to thank you for volunteering in my office” — is really troubling. Finally, what is up with the “don’t look her in the eye” instruction? I know I wouldn’t want to work in that hostile environment!

I had Gregory read this piece before submitting it and he is willing to put his own integrity on the line because the truth is important to him. In fact, integrity and character are still virtues that can and should be upheld in our politicians and politics; we just haven’t seen them in a while.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Sean Treacy    2 months ago

In the media's rush to invent a new Kamala Harris, let's not forget why her staff turnover is so exceptionally high...

Gregory was also given instructions to never address Harris nor look her in the eye as that privilege was only allowed to senior staff members.

That'll do it. 

Also funny that she thinks Attorney General is some sort of rank. 

MrFrost
Professor Guide
1.1  MrFrost  replied to  Sean Treacy @1    2 months ago

Can't wait to vote for her. Nothing scares trumpers more than a strong woman. 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    2 months ago
 A person’s character is probably one of the most important attributes for someone wanting to obtain the office of President.

Bad news for this guy

R.34221c478d0f0337cabe9263fb925e3c?rik=UTlvUvoH1bUUZQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fstatic1.businessinsider.com%2fimage%2f5927f3a05a1d1b01f33343f9-1190-625%2fwatch-trump-shove-the-prime-minister-of-montenegro-out-of-the-way.jpg&ehk=xaYLNwYZ4kSaVoipTZ4I994QDYk2yKfkQAVqbEuonf4%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

R.34221c478d0f0337cabe9263fb925e3c?rik=UTlvUvoH1bUUZQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fstatic1.businessinsider.com%2fimage%2f5927f3a05a1d1b01f33343f9-1190-625%2fwatch-trump-shove-the-prime-minister-of-montenegro-out-of-the-way.jpg&ehk=xaYLNwYZ4kSaVoipTZ4I994QDYk2yKfkQAVqbEuonf4%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

------------

Trump preens for the camera after pushing past the president of Montenegro

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
2.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 months ago

How could someone who voted for Joe biden still pretend to care about character? 

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Sean Treacy @2.1    2 months ago

How could someone who spends all their time attacking Biden and Harris fail to attack Trump? 

Trump's character is 20 times worse than Biden and Harris combined. 

CB
Professor Principal
3  CB    2 months ago

Wow. Wonder how she treats her current V.P. and now presidential campaign staffing! This could get interesting. . .if it can get relevant. Moreover, it would be truly interesting if it could be found that Ms. Harris tried to DESTROY democracy and democratic values by usurping rights and privileges that belong to others.

Sean Treacy
Professor Principal
3.1  seeder  Sean Treacy  replied to  CB @3    2 months ago
Wonder how she treats her current V.P. and now presidential campaign staffing

Oh. Right. Democrats have to pretend Harris was created from the ether on June 27,2024 and nothing that she said or did before  is relevant. 

CB
Professor Principal
4  CB    2 months ago
Well, Ms. Harris was not president at those times, so there is that to consider. And maybe, just maybe, she has mellowed hanging around Biden's and his temperament
Time will tell, I reckon. But, you may continue making the case.  BTW, here is President Trump's temperament as president being addressed by a high-ranking General in his service. READ BELOW:
August 8, 2022

Read General Mark Milley’s Scathing, Never-Sent Resignation Letter to Trump

Milley_Trump.jpg

I regret to inform you that I intend to resign as your Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Thank you for the honor of appointing me as senior ranking officer. The events of the last couple weeks have caused me to do deep soul-searching, and I can no longer faithfully support and execute your orders as Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It is my belief that you were doing great and irreparable harm to my country. I believe that you have made a concerted effort over time to politicize the United States military. I thought that I could change that. I’ve come to the realization that I cannot, and I need to step aside and let someone else try to do that.

Second, you are using the military to create fear in the minds of the people—and we are trying to protect the American people. I cannot stand idly by and participate in that attack, verbally or otherwise, on the American people. The American people trust their military and they trust us to protect them against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and our military will do just that. We will not turn our back on the American people.

Third, I swore an oath to the Constitution of the United States and embodied within that Constitution is the idea that says that all men and women are created equal. All men and women are created equal, no matter who you are, whether you are white or Black, Asian, Indian, no matter the color of your skin, no matter if you’re gay, straight or something in between. It doesn’t matter if you’re Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Jew, or choose not to believe. None of that matters. It doesn’t matter what country you came from, what your last name is—what matters is we’re Americans. We’re all Americans. That under these colors of red, white, and blue—the colors that my parents fought for in World War II—means something around the world. It’s obvious to me that you don’t think of those colors the same way I do. It’s obvious to me that you don’t hold those values dear and the cause that I serve.

And lastly it is my deeply held belief that you’re ruining the international order, and causing significant damage to our country overseas, that was fought for so hard by the Greatest Generation that they instituted in 1945. Between 1914 and 1945, 150 million people were slaughtered in the conduct of war. They were slaughtered because of tyrannies and dictatorships. That generation, like every generation, has fought against that, has fought against fascism, has fought against Nazism, has fought against extremism. It’s now obvious to me that you don’t understand that world order. You don’t understand what the war was all about. In fact, you subscribe to many of the principles that we fought against. And I cannot be a party to that. It is with deep regret that I hereby submit my letter of resignation .

But instead of resigning, Milley reportedly decided to fight his battle from inside the government, allegedly saying, “If they want to court-martial me, or put me in prison, have at it. But I will fight from the inside.” 

General Mark Milley's Scathing Unreleased Resignation Letter to Trump (katiecouric.com)