╌>

Challenger Kamala Harris Agrees To Debate Incumbent Kamala Harris

Category:  The Zoo

Via:  gregtx  •  2 months ago  •  25 comments

Challenger Kamala Harris Agrees To Debate Incumbent Kamala Harris
WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a move geared toward clarifying her positions on important issues, a Kamala Harris campaign spokesperson announced that challenger Kamala Harris had agreed to debate incumbent Kamala Harris.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

WASHINGTON, D.C. — In a move geared toward clarifying her positions on important issues, a Kamala Harris campaign spokesperson announced that challenger Kamala Harris had agreed to debate incumbent Kamala Harris.

The debate was agreed upon by both Kamala Harrises after an intense period of negotiation, during which challenger Kamala Harris initially demanded unmuted microphones, a request that incumbent Kamala Harris adamantly refused to grant.

"This is a debate between two debaters," challenger Kamala Harris said in a statement after the debate was announced. "One debater will debate the other, and both of them will debate. In a debate, things will be said. Questions will be asked. Questions will be answered in the context of questions being asked. And those answers to the questions will be answered by the people debating. I look forward to clarifying the changes in my positions and values, which have not changed."

When reached for comment, incumbent Kamala Harris expressed confidence that she would have a strong showing. "I know my opponent well," she said. "We have discussed these issues many times, from both sides. While I am proud of my accomplishments as the incumbent, my challenger has flip-flopped on multiple topics. I look forward to finding out where I stand on these issues now as a challenger and finding out how they have evolved from the positions I currently hold as the incumbent. Even though my values have not changed, I welcome the chance to hear how my values have changed."

At publishing time, incumbent Kamala Harris had raised concerns that challenger Kamala Harris may receive the debate questions beforehand.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

GregTx
Professor Guide
1  seeder  GregTx    2 months ago

Texan1211
Professor Principal
1.1  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @1    2 months ago

Never a good thing, but often highly entertaining!

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
2  Nerm_L    2 months ago

Just remember that Harvey Dent was Gotham City's District Attorney before he became Two Face in Batman's rogue gallery.  Reality may be mimicking fiction, in this case.

MrFrost
Professor Guide
2.1  MrFrost  replied to  Nerm_L @2    2 months ago
Just remember that Harvey Dent was Gotham City's District Attorney before he became Two Face in Batman's rogue gallery.

You seriously think this is a batman movie? 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  MrFrost @2.1    2 months ago
You seriously think this is a batman movie? 

You seriously think that is what he wrote?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3  Texan1211    2 months ago

I wonder if Candidate Harris can understand the word salads of Incumbent Harris, and vice-versa.

GregTx
Professor Guide
3.1  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @3    2 months ago

I would imagine they're one of the few that can...

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.1  Texan1211  replied to  GregTx @3.1    2 months ago
I would imagine they're one of the few that can...

I don't know. 

We seem to have quite a few here who don't believe that what she says produces some word salads, as evidenced by their denials of same.

Who knew they were fluent in gibberish!

Gazoo
Junior Silent
3.1.2  Gazoo  replied to  Texan1211 @3.1.1    2 months ago

We seem to have quite a few here who don't believe that what she says produces some word salads, as evidenced by their denials of same.”

Yet they are all over youtube. Go figure.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
3.1.3  Texan1211  replied to  Gazoo @3.1.2    2 months ago
Yet they are all over youtube. Go figure.

I just figure that at least some of those people inhabit a different universe than the rest of us.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    2 months ago

Because Harris has talked more like a moderate than she did before, we are supposed to vote for Donald Trump.

This is one of the more lunatic ideas we have ever seen in national politics

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago
Because Harris has talked more like a moderate than she did before, we are supposed to vote for Donald Trump.

Do people even know what they will get with a Harris Presidency?

What major policies will she flip-flop on after the election?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.1.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    2 months ago

We know what we will get with Trump and he can go fuck himself. 

Better to have an unknown quantity than a known disaster. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.1.1    2 months ago
We know what we will get with Trump and he can go fuck himself. 

Agreed, but Harris isn't a good alternative.

Better to have an unknown quantity than a known disaster. 

That's something a fear-mongerer would say.

Gazoo
Junior Silent
4.1.3  Gazoo  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1    2 months ago

Do people even know what they will get with a Harris Presidency?”

More of the same bs we’re getting now.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.1.4  Texan1211  replied to  Gazoo @4.1.3    2 months ago
More of the same bs we’re getting now.

Well, probably.

But which way will the political winds be blowing to shape Kamala's policies for any particular day?

GregTx
Professor Guide
4.1.5  seeder  GregTx  replied to  Texan1211 @4.1.4    2 months ago
But which way will the political winds be blowing to shape Kamala's policies for any particular day?

Always from port...

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.2  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @4    2 months ago

No, that's the wrong conclusion.  This should encourage us to consider reforming our political system so the two major parties can't pull this shit again.  

The reality is that this is the most pointless election we've ever experienced during our lifetimes.  The 2024 election is even more pointless than the 1972 race between George McGovern and Richard Nixon.  The two major political parties have turned our political system into a Saturday Night Live skit.  The two political parties have so cheapened our politics that comedians are now thought provoking political commentators.

Ralph Nader was a more serious Presidential candidate than Kamala Harris.  And Ross Perot was a more serious Presidential candidate than Donald Trump.  Nader and Perot were not trying to be major party candidates.  Jill Stein of the Green Party has a more comprehensive and informative policy platform than either Harris or Trump.  But the two major parties want the electorate to focus attention on fluff and nonsense.

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.1  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @4.2    2 months ago

The sheer unfitness of Trump to serve in public office cannot be compared to anything else in American history. 

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 months ago
The sheer unfitness of Trump to serve in public office cannot be compared to anything else in American history.

Great, now we can judge Kamala alone on her merits without comparing her to Trump!

Perfect!

Texan1211
Professor Principal
4.2.3  Texan1211  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 months ago

I wonder what accomplishments of Harris occurred over the last 4 years that suddenly made her a Democratic Party favorite after garnering little attention or support just 4 years ago.

Nerm_L
Professor Expert
4.2.4  Nerm_L  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 months ago

Bob Menendez held public office, didn't he?  So, did George Santos.

As far as Presidents go, Andrew Jackson is responsible for stealing Cherokee land and forcing the Cherokee to move west on the Trail of Tears.  I'm not sure Trump can do anything to top what the first Democratic President, Andrew Jackson, accomplished.   

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4.2.5  JohnRussell  replied to  Nerm_L @4.2.4    2 months ago

That you think Trump is no worse than Bob Menedez or George Santos says it all. 

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
4.2.6  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  JohnRussell @4.2.1    2 months ago

In terms of negative impact on the country, I rank James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson as the worst.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5  Texan1211    2 months ago
"This is a debate between two debaters," challenger Kamala Harris said in a statement after the debate was announced. "One debater will debate the other, and both of them will debate. In a debate, things will be said. Questions will be asked. Questions will be answered in the context of questions being asked. And those answers to the questions will be answered by the people debating. I look forward to clarifying the changes in my positions and values, which have not changed."

Sadly, I can see where something like this could fall out of Kamala's mouth.