╌>

Trump gifts Pennsylvania mom of three with $100 at grocery store checkout: 'Complete surprise' | Fox News

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  george  •  2 weeks ago  •  25 comments

By:   Taylor Penley (Fox News)

Trump gifts Pennsylvania mom of three with $100 at grocery store checkout: 'Complete surprise' | Fox News
Jenny and Bryant Krantz shared details of their encounter with former President Trump when he gifted the family $100 at a checkout line at a grocery store in Pennsylvania.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

closeVideo

Trump helps Pennsylvania mom of three pay for groceries: 'Complete surprise'

Jenny and Bryant Kantz join 'Fox & Friends' to share their story after meeting former President Trump at the grocery store, explaining how their family has been impacted by inflation.

Pennsylvania mom of three Jenny Kantz found it a "complete surprise" when former President Trump handed her $100 at a grocery store checkout line to take the pinch out of her bill.

"It was a great experience," she told "Fox & Friends" Tuesday.

Sitting alongside her husband Bryant, Jenny enthused about meeting the former president at the Sprankles Grocery Store her cousin owns in Kittanning, northeast of Pittsburgh on Monday.

Trump's team reportedly requested that someone be present at the checkout counter upon his arrival, but Kantz says she had no idea he had planned to give her money from his own wallet.

Trump gifted Jenny Krantz, a Pennsylvania mom of three, $100 to use toward her grocery bill.(Margo Martin)

Video of the moment shows Trump handing over the cash and telling Kantz, "It [the cost] just went down 100 bucks. We'll do that for you from the White House."

"The total bill was $194 and some change, and the inflation on groceries has definitely affected us," Kantz explained on Tuesday.

"I think it was late 2022 or early 2023, I remember coming home from the grocery store and telling him [Bryant], 'I don't even know how to budget for groceries anymore because it's like every time I go to the store, they just go up and up and up.' That, paired with the rising cost of energy, fuel for our vehicles… it just means that we watch a little bit more closely what we spend."

According to ConsumerAffairs, the Keystone State saw the highest grocery inflation rate in the U.S. with an 8.2% increase in prices.

In Kantz's personal circle, stay-at-home moms have stepped up to get side jobs to cover extra expenses. They have also shifted to homemade foods and opted for recipe-sharing to make their money go further.

Despite cost burdens, Kantz said she plans to keep the $100 bill Trump gave her.

"I'm going to frame it," she laughed.

Food price increases have made visits to the grocery store more burdensome for families.(Daniel Sato, The News Journal)

The GOP nominee is slated to deliver remarks on the tax code and inflation at a campaign event in Savannah, Georgia on Tuesday, maintaining his focus on the economy as he vies for support from voters in the key swing state.

A New York Times poll released Monday indicates Trump is leading Vice President Harris in the Peach State as well as in North Carolina and Arizona.

In must-win Pennsylvania, many polls show the candidates deadlocked, with a Washington Post poll finding Harris at 48% to Trump's 47%.

A New York Times poll had Harris at 50% to Trump's 46%.

Taylor Penley is an associate editor with Fox News.

Red Box Rules

No Fascist comments

No Maga.

Bulling comments or endless badgering will get deleted.

Article is LOCKED by author/seeder
[]

George
Junior Expert
1  seeder  George    2 weeks ago

In other news the DOJ announced it was investigating trump for buying votes while claiming the persecution was not politically motivated. (s)

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
2  JohnRussell    2 weeks ago

Frank Sinatra used to walk through a Las Vegas hotel handing out 100 dollar bills like candy to the hotel doormen, kitchen workers , and maids.   Sometimes that is what rich people do. Trump advertises it. 

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1  devangelical  replied to  JohnRussell @2    2 weeks ago

he never would've been there without the cameras present. that 100 dollar bill just bought off 45 million suckers for a month.

Ozzwald
Professor Quiet
2.1.1  Ozzwald  replied to  devangelical @2.1    2 weeks ago
he never would've been there without the cameras present. that 100 dollar bill just bought off 45 million suckers for a month.

He probably "borrowed" that $100 from a staffer anyway.  Trump doesn't spend his own money.

devangelical
Professor Principal
2.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Ozzwald @2.1.1    2 weeks ago
He probably "borrowed" that $100 from a staffer

walt ... no wonder the tiny traitor can't afford a regular haircut.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3  Hal A. Lujah    2 weeks ago

I guess he learned that paper towel rolls were not enough.

George
Junior Expert
3.1  seeder  George  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    2 weeks ago

Thanks to Joe and Kamala's inflation they may be almost equal.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.1.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  George @3.1    2 weeks ago

384 71.4 cents per roll, delivered to your door in two days. [ removed ] [ ] Democrats are here to help.

devangelical
Professor Principal
3.2  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @3    2 weeks ago

moments later the cashier handed it back to her after pointing out the bill had trump's picture on it...

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
3.2.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  devangelical @3.2    2 weeks ago

Trump’s picture on a bill is his highest priority as president.

evilone
Professor Guide
4  evilone    2 weeks ago

Did he also give her a key to his hotel room?

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
4.1  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  evilone @4    2 weeks ago

At the Raw Dog Inn.  I hear they’ve got a nice nursing area to drop off your wife and newborn while you rent a room by the hour.

devangelical
Professor Principal
4.2  devangelical  replied to  evilone @4    2 weeks ago

that's walt's job ...

TᵢG
Professor Principal
5  TᵢG    2 weeks ago

A basic campaign gimmick is considered newsworthy?

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1  devangelical  replied to  TᵢG @5    2 weeks ago

kissing the babies of haitian immigrants in springfield ohio would've gotten a lot more coverage ...

Kavika
Professor Principal
5.1.1  Kavika   replied to  devangelical @5.1    2 weeks ago

LMAO, no way that would happen.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.1.2  devangelical  replied to  Kavika @5.1.1    2 weeks ago

oh come on, it's a big tent. a big white tent...

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  TᵢG @5    2 weeks ago

Somewhere in America there are ten Trump supporters who are not pleased about how he just spent their reoccurring weekly donation.

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.1  devangelical  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2    2 weeks ago

... brass poles over shopping carts.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.2  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2    2 weeks ago
Somewhere in America there are ten Trump supporters who are not pleased about how he just spent their reoccurring weekly donation.

And somewhere in America, (here, perhaps?)some liberals are losing their shit over this story.

Go figure.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
5.2.3  Hal A. Lujah  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.2    2 weeks ago

How do you feel about what he did with your five bucks?

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.4  Texan1211  replied to  Hal A. Lujah @5.2.3    2 weeks ago
How do you feel about what he did with your five bucks?

The only political donations I have ever made is by checking the box on the income tax return forms.

But, hey, how original and completely unsurprising you went there, though.

Apparently, you haven't been paying attention to what I have written over the last year or so.

No one who has actually read my comments would ever be foolish enough to assume I would donate a penny to someone I won't vote for.

Is that what passes as logical in liberal circles?

devangelical
Professor Principal
5.2.5  devangelical  replied to  Texan1211 @5.2.2    2 weeks ago
some liberals are losing their shit over this story

is that what this looks like? campaign political humor is an american tradition, for over 2 centuries.

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.2.6  Texan1211  replied to  devangelical @5.2.5    2 weeks ago
is that what this looks like?

Definitely, how could you possibly miss it????

Texan1211
Professor Principal
5.3  Texan1211  replied to  TᵢG @5    2 weeks ago
A basic campaign gimmick is considered newsworthy?

Every time Trump opens his mouth, it is in the news.

[deleted][]