╌>

Donald Trump Lashes Out at ‘The Apprentice’ by Calling It a ‘Politically Disgusting Hatchet Job’ Made by ‘Human Scum’; Director Responds: ‘I’m Available to Talk Further’

Category:  Entertainment

Via:  hallux  •  one week ago  •  9 comments

By:   Zack Sharf - Variety

Donald Trump Lashes Out at ‘The Apprentice’ by Calling It a ‘Politically Disgusting Hatchet Job’ Made by ‘Human Scum’; Director Responds: ‘I’m Available to Talk Further’

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

Donald Trump   took to   his Truth Social account   to rail against “ The Apprentice ,” the new movie from director   Ali Abbasi   that centers on Trump’s rise as a real estate businessman in New York City under the mentorship of Roy Cohn. Sebastian Stan plays Trump in the film, with Jeremy Strong starring as Cohn and “Borat 2” Oscar nominee Maria Bakalova playing Trump’s first wife, Ivana. “The Apprentice” opened in theaters Oct. 11 from Briarcliff Entertainment.

“A FAKE and CLASSLESS Movie written about me, called, ‘The Apprentice’ (Do they even have the right to use that name without approval?), will hopefully ‘bomb,'” Trump wrote on Truth Social. “It’s a cheap, defamatory, and politically disgusting hatchet job, put out right before the 2024 Presidential Election, to try and hurt the Greatest Political Movement in the History of our Country, ‘MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!'”

“My former wife, Ivana, was a kind and wonderful person, and I had a great relationship with her until the day she died. The writer of this pile of garbage, Gabe Sherman, a lowlife and talentless hack, who has long been widely discredited, knew that, but chose to ignore it,” Trump added. “So sad that HUMAN SCUM, like the people involved in this hopefully unsuccessful enterprise, are allowed to say and do whatever they want in order to hurt a Political Movement, which is far bigger than any of us. MAGA2024!”

Abbasi caught wind of Trump’s reaction to his movie and issued a response on X, writing: “Thanks for getting back to us, Donald Trump. I am available to talk further if you want. Today is a tight day with a lot of press for ‘The Apprentice,’ but I might be able to give you a call tomorrow.”

“The Apprentice” world premiered at Cannes in May. Shortly before the screening, Trump’s campaign   put out a lengthy   calling the film “garbage” and “pure fiction.” The campaign also threatened a lawsuit.

“We will be filing a lawsuit to address the blatantly false assertions from these pretend filmmakers,” the Trump campaign’s chief spokesperson Steven Cheung said in a statement to  Variety   at the time. “This garbage is pure fiction which sensationalizes lies that have been long debunked. As with the illegal Biden Trials, this is election interference by Hollywood elites, who know that President Trump will retake the White House and beat their candidate of choice because nothing they have done has worked.”

At the film’s press conference the following morning, Abbasi offered to meet with Trump in person and to screen “The Apprentice” for him.

“I don’t necessarily think that this is a movie he would dislike,” Abbasi said at the time. “I don’t necessarily think he would like it. I think he would be surprised, you know? And like I’ve said before, I would offer to go and meet him wherever he wants and talk about the context of the movie, have a screening and have a chat afterwards, if that’s interesting to anyone at the Trump campaign.”

“The Apprentice” is now playing in theaters.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Hallux
Professor Principal
1  seeder  Hallux    one week ago

So sorry Donald, you can run from karma but you can't hide from it.

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2  Trout Giggles    one week ago
 “So sad that HUMAN SCUM, like the people involved in this hopefully unsuccessful enterprise, are allowed to say and do whatever they want in order to hurt a Political Movement, 

Because....DUMBASS....we have freedom of speech in this country. Something you would never understand

evilone
Professor Guide
2.1  evilone  replied to  Trout Giggles @2    one week ago
“We will be filing a lawsuit to address the blatantly false assertions from these pretend filmmakers,” the Trump campaign’s chief spokesperson Steven Cheung said in a statement to  Variety..

Trump's MO is to use lawfare on anyone that hurts his feelings. He's the big dumb hypocrite of the MAGA movement. 

Tessylo
Professor Principal
3  Tessylo    one week ago

'in order to hurt the greatest 'political' bowel movement, which is far bigger than any of us

Drinker of the Wry
Senior Expert
3.1  Drinker of the Wry  replied to  Tessylo @3    one week ago
'bowel movement, which is far bigger than any of us

Size, weight or volume?

JohnRussell
Professor Principal
4  JohnRussell    one week ago

Trump's life is somewhat of an open book, thanks to the numerous investigative journalists who have looked into it. 

I suspect that 95% of what is in this movie is true. 

evilone
Professor Guide
4.1  evilone  replied to  JohnRussell @4    one week ago
I suspect that 95% of what is in this movie is true. 

Doesn't matter if it's 100% or a 100% false, he's a public figure and has no cause unless his lawyers can show "actual malice". A very high legal bar. 

Dismayed Patriot
Professor Quiet
5  Dismayed Patriot    one week ago

Let's face it, not a single one of Trumps loyal sycophants is actually going to see this movie, that would make them an apostate to their dear Leader and get them kicked out of the Church of Trump. While I think it's great that this historical documentary film shows us the making of Trump, it will only reaffirm what his critics already know about him and be actively avoided by anyone who has already been bamboozled by him.

Kavika
Professor Principal
6  Kavika     one week ago

Trump, do they have permission to use it? Kinda like all the songs you use with out permission. Ya think dumb ass?