╌>

Pizza Hut apologizes after worker writes 'Pink Fat Lady' on customer's receipt

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  10 comments

rewrewr345345rewe.jpg

A Singapore location has been accused of writing an insensitive remark on a customer receipt. (Pizza Hut)

Pizza Hut has pie on its face after an employee at one of its Singapore restaurants wrote "Pink Fat Lady" on a customer's receipt.

Aili Si said she noticed something strange on her receipt after she ordered a pizza at the chains location in Bukit Merah, about 3 hours from Kuala Lumpur, the Straits Times reports .

Si posted a picture of the receipt with Pink Fat Lady scrawled on the bottom on Pizza Hut Singapore's Facebook page Sunday night, saying, I don't think it is nice for your staff to describe me as such on my receipt, she wrote. "Just feel insulted. What's wrong being plus size? I'm a customer and I pay for my pizza! Not that I'm get it for free!"

Many took to social media urging Si to demand an apology from Pizza Hut. Some even suggested she ask for free food.

On Monday, Pizza Hut responded to Si's post, writing that the incident "definitely rocked us in our seats."

Later, Pizza Hut Singapore's senior marketing director Juliana Lim said that they reached out to Si and apologized for the incident.

"She expressed her understanding of the matter, which was a genuine error of judgement with no intent to offend, and has accepted our apology," said Ms Lim.

This iframe is not allowed This iframe is not allowed

Si thanked the pizza chain for addressing her concerns, but urged others to be sympathetic and think about what "an obese individual may be facing."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

That was just RUDE and MEAN!!

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    10 years ago

Pizza Hut has pie on its face

An intentional pun? ("pie" as in "pizza pie"?)

Writing that was not a nice thing to do-- but of course one person was responsible, not the company. (Although it usually seem that, in cases like this, if there are any negative consequences they are borne by the company & not the individual who did it).

Nona62
Professor Silent

if there are any negative consequences they are borne by the company & not the individual who did it). That is just wrong.

Pizza Hut has pie on its face Smile.gif Smile.gif Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to put Pizza Hut down for a reference...some people are just that stupid.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    10 years ago

Sometimes it seems that more and more people are being mean just for the sake of being mean, these days...

I applaud Pizza Hut for apologizing, and I hope the person that wrote the words can stop and think before they hurt someone else's feelings!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    10 years ago

That is mean. Glad I live in NY. I never eat crappy Pizza Hut pizza.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Sometimes it seems that more and more people are being mean just for the sake of being mean, these days... It does seem that way. On the other hand, I know there are stories about good people, but unfortunately we never hear about them. Maybepeople only want to hear about the crappy people....sigh

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior    10 years ago

Domino's - the only way to go.

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol....I can't remember the last time I ate Pizza Hut pizza.

Nona62
Professor Silent

1st...personally, I prefer family owned pizza parlors. (but, that's just me) Smile.gif