╌>

Dairy Queen owner brought to tears by kind note from former employee

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  3 comments

A Dairy Queen owner received a kind letter from a former employee. (Dairy Queen)

Not everyone appreciates their managers.

But a Dairy Queen owner from Ontario, Canada recently received a heartwarming letter from a former employee that brought her tears.

Nabiha Islam, now a doctor, sent former owner and manager Yvonne Lavasidis a short but sweet note thanking her for her support during her difficult coursework.

Dear Yvonne, Well, Im a doctor now! Its taken me a long time, I know, to come back around to Dairy Queen but I have thought of you and your kindness often, the note reads, according to ABC News after receiving a copy from Lavasidis.

You are an incredible boss and an even better human being. Thank you for supporting and encouraging me, for BBQing halal chicken for me, and allowing me to study for my MCATs in the back when no customers were around. Much love, Nabiha.

Islam worked for Lavasidis for about two years almost three years ago, according to ABC.

Obviously I was so very touched, Lavasidis, 42, told ABC News. I was in tears when I read the note for the first time, and every time I read it, it still brings tears to my eyes.

Lavasidis also remembers her former employee as bright and one of those kids that you know will be exceptional and find success. She now takes pride in allowing younger workers a flexible yet supportive work environment.

I have so many young successful kids. I have one whos a nurse at the local hospital, but shell take the occasional shift just for the fun of it, if you can believe that. Its just a nice atmosphere for working.

Although this note was intended to be private, Lavasidis husband posted a picture of the letter online and social media has caught on quickly. The Dairy Queen Twitter account has since retweeted multiple recounts of the story.

Its so lovely for me because really it was just a note between two people, Lavasidis told ABC. Everyones response and reaction to it is very nice to see.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

Good for this former employee to show her gratitude.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    10 years ago

That's absolutely lovely! Amazing how one woman makes such a difference, just by being a kind human being! Grin.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

I'm sure this special woman has touched the lives andhearts of many people. What a very special person she is.