╌>

Words Scar !!

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  10 comments

Words Scar !!

There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence. The first day the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks,as he learned to control his anger,the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to control his temper. The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said,"You have done well,my son,but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger,they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many time you say I'm sorry,the wound is still there."

A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one. Friends are a very rare jewel,indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear,they share words of praise and they always want to open their hearts to us."

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

I found this over on NV, and thought it was something that I wante3d to share.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    10 years ago

Thanks. This is cool.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Awesome song....thank you!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

Good lesson Nona.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    10 years ago

A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one.

???

Nona62
Professor Silent

Glad you enjoyed it Grump Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

Kav, it sure is...Smile.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent

Son of Harry Krishna... I believe that to be very true!

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent
link   Larry Crehore    10 years ago

Great article Nona thank you for sharing. Verbal wounds sometimes never heal unlike physical wounds.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Thanks Larry...I'm glad you liked it. I think sometimes people forget what harsh words can do to a person.