╌>

Canada tops world's most educated countries

Category:  Other

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient2  •  10 years ago  •  3 comments

The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Developments (OECD) Education at a Glance 2012 report calculated the proportion of residents with a university or equivalent degree in the groups 34 member nations and other major economies. From that report, editors at 24/7 Wall St. identified the 10 countries with the highest proportion of adults with a university degree.

1. Canada

3691_discussions.jpg

> Pct. population with tertiary education: 51%
> Average annual growth rate (2000-2010): 2.4% (5th lowest)
> GDP per capita: $39,050 (11th highest)

Canada is the only nation where more than half of all adults had a tertiary education in 2010. This was up from 40% of the adult population in 2000, when the country also ranked as the worlds most educated. Canada has managed to become a world leader in education without being a leader in education spending, which totaled just 6.1% of GDP in 2009, or less than the 6.3% average for the OECD. A large amount of its spending went towards tertiary education, on which the country spent 2.5% of GDP, trailing only the United States and South Korea. One of the few areas Canada did not perform well in was attracting international students, who made up just 6.6% of all tertiary students lower than the OECDs 8% average.

Israel was second best, and the USA came in fourth, after Japan.

Click this link to check out the list and the stats:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/photos/canada-tops-world-s-most-educated-countries-slideshow/photos-canada-tops-ranking-of-world-s-most-educated-countries-photo-1348753492.html

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

Early education is critical. I wish every kid was able to attend preschool and a decent grade and high school.

CM
Freshman Silent
link   CM    10 years ago

New York is starting early education this coming semester led by our New NYC Mayor De'Blasio who fought for it in Albany, the Democratic Governor and Democratic Legislatures agreed, that was good, I had to pay for Pre-school for my children at age four, my parents started me in school at the age of two, I was too much to handle at home lol...