╌>

New Jersey veteran, 101, still working same job 73 years later

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  4 comments

Herman"Hy"Goldmanturned 101 this weekend and won't quit after 73 years working at the same New Jersey job.

Goldmanstill shows up four days a week at light fixtures company Capitol Lighting in East Hanover. His co-workers celebrated his birthday with him on Monday.

Aside from a brief absence to serve in the U.S. Army in World War II,Goldmanhas worked at Capitol Lighting since 1941. The store says he was first hired to sell items and stock and clean the displays.

Co-worker Sandy Ronco saysGoldmannow specializes in rebuilding items that were damaged or unusable.

Goldmanlives in nearby Whippany and still drives himself to work.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

Happy birthday Hy !!! What an incredible man, 101 years old and still working!!

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior    10 years ago

WOW - he and a guy in New York City, who works for the NYSE and turned 100 a couple months ago and has worked for the NYSE for 80 years, supposedly, without missing a days work (find that one hard to believe), are the epitomies of an example of what I wanna do - play golf 'til I'm 120 Grin.gif

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

play golf 'til I'm 120 Grin.gif Why not??? It is kind of hard to believe tat he worked for 80,years and never missed a day...

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    10 years ago

No f'ing way. I retired when I was 50. I have a life and it ain't gonna be spent working for a paycheck.