╌>

Sexual Harrassment Comic, read if you dare...

Category:  Other

Via:  ambivalent  •  10 years ago  •  11 comments

Sexual Harrassment Comic, read if you dare...

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
link   1stwarrior    10 years ago

Fortunately - no. However, I do see a number of other folks I knowFrown.gif Frown.gif Frown.gif

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    10 years ago

It certainly is a puzzle. Both sexes do it to each other and, more often than not, it just ain't cute. I was the second in command in a large state agency. There was a file clerk who decided she had to sexually harass me. The feeling I got was pretty creepy and horrible and I am going out on a limb to say women may have the same feelings when they are harassed.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    10 years ago

Sad state of affairs, isn't it?

Will it ever end?

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Nope, but we still have to call people out for it.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

I didn't see it, but I can imagine it got pretty raunchy. Anderson has made her living being a sexual object and pandering to men who drool at her. Yup, no wonder.Tongue.gif We shouldn't be surprised when the harassment continues unabated.

There was a guy at work who would scratch his balls when he was standing talking to a woman. I thought is was gross. One day I told him in front of the woman he was scratching in front of "If you would wash those once in a while they wouldn't itch".

He came to me later and tried to bitch me out saying I was just rude to call him out on it in front of a woman. I told him again "If you would wash those once in a while they wouldn't itch". I thought he was going to have a stroke.

I was his boss, too, so he really had no recourse. He didn't quit, but he slowed it down considerably. Every time I saw him do it, I told him right then and there "If you would wash those once in a while they wouldn't itch".

The women I told him that in front of would come to me later and we would have a grand laugh. The poor guy was humiliating himself and he just couldn't see it.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

I'm having a hard time grasping that concept of "male space". I'm not sure it really exists - but it's a good descriptor. I think it has more to do with opportunism and showing off in front of other men and some men sure like to do that.

"Hey, nice ass, cutie !!!" Or, honking at a girl while hanging out the car window. How often has that behavior led to a dinner and a movie and sex at her place. I'm guessing never.

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent

Ha ha. You got me laughing at that one.Grin.gif "Unless she's a working girl." (Where did that comment go?) Yup, but no dinner and a movie.

Maybe there are some men who perceive "male space". I don't happen to perceive the world that way. I do, however, feel protective of a woman walking in a dark area at night and I might keep a protective eye on her without her knowing it. Does that make me a chauvinist male? Perhaps it does by the definitions set up in the comic.

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    10 years ago

Then that is part of her trade. Call it advertising.