╌>

Gene Simmons tells depressed people 'kill yourself'

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  15 comments

Gene Simmons of the rock band Kiss. Reuters

Gene Simmons is not making many friends this week. First he went after American immigrants who don't speak English, and now the KISS rocker has some beyond strong opinions about those struggling with depression.

"Drug addicts and alcoholics are always, 'The world is a harsh place.' My mother was in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. I don't want to hear f**k all about "the world as a harsh place." She gets up every day, smells the roses and loves life," the 64-year-old told SongFacts.com . "And for a putz, 20-year-old kid to say, 'I'm depressed, I live in Seattle.' F**k you, then kill yourself."

Unfortunately, he didn't stop there. "I never understand, because I always call them on their bluff. I'm the guy who says 'Jump!' when there's a guy on top of a building who says, 'That's it, I can't take it anymore, I'm going to jump,'" Simmons continued. "Are you kidding? Why are you announcing it? Shut the f**k up, have some dignity and jump! You've got the crowd."

His timing couldn't be worse seeing as the beloved Robin Williams committed suicide on Monday after years of struggling with depression himself. Needless to say, Simmons' remarks were not so well received, especially by one of his fellow rockers.

Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx, 55, commented on the shocking quotes during his radio show"Sixx Sense," saying, "I like Gene. But in this situation, I don't like Gene. I don't like Gene's words. There is a 20-year-old kid out there who is a KISS fan and reads this and goes, 'You know what? He's right. I should just kill myself.'"

He added, "For people who are depressed, there is a way out. There are many, many ways outDont listen to people who dont know what theyre talking about."

Still not over it, Sixx also tweeted in regards to Simmons' comments:

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

WTH ?? Gene Simmons is not making many friends this week. First he went after American immigrants who don't speak English, and now the KISS rocker has some beyond strong opinions about those struggling with depression .

Nona62
Professor Silent

I think it's an even tie.

Nona62
Professor Silent

He's ignorant and arrogant.

Nona62
Professor Silent

A bunch of freaks!

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    10 years ago

Just because you're a famous rock star does not mean that 1) you should open your mouth, 2) you should feel free to let loose with anything thought that comes into your head, and 3) anyone gives a rat's kazoo what you say.

He needs to be thumped.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    10 years ago

It's a tradition in rock n'roll :

Swamijim sez
Freshman Silent
link   Swamijim sez    10 years ago

KISS??? They're still around? Thought they'd vanished years ago. Jeezus, it isn't like they were actually good when they were fresh...

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

The long tongue thing has been usurped by Miley Cyrus :

3726_discussions.jpg?width=721

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

You never know where its been ...

Nona62
Professor Silent

LOL...

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol...Here's some eye bleach Mickey. (love your new avatar)

Nona62
Professor Silent

Pretty scary huh?

Nona62
Professor Silent

Yup...he feels as tough he can do and say as he please, and then laugh all the way to the bank.

Nona62
Professor Silent

He needs to be thumped. REAL HARD!!

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    10 years ago

The camel seemed happy enough.