[]

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

Spot on Larry.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide
link   A. Macarthur    10 years ago

Since Reagan, we've redistributed the wealth UPWARD!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    10 years ago

Who's "we" ?

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

WE the Sheeple who, over the last thirty-plus years, have allowed/enabled CEO pay to increase several hundred times more than that of the working stiff that, by continuing to elect and re-elect bastards who are in the pockets of those CEO's. And why?

Because when legislators pander to religionist bigots, those dumb schmucks will elect them and look the other way as those same legislators sell out to organized wealth while fleecing those very suckers who keep putting them in office.

NOTE/SUGGESTION: Instead of responding to a statement by asking a question, if you believe the statement to be inaccurate, feel free to correct it if you can.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

You've got an explanation for everything . Except ... that people are both working stiffs and investors in companies . The investors [like yourself] vote for company proxies that encourage increased CEO pay . Who's to blame ? Look at yourself ...

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

No middle class investor/pension holder votes to encourage CEO pay increases of 400 times that of themselves; but by all means, show us such a proxy.

Corporation boards and trustees, enabled by the pimp/prostitute legislators that allow ex-legislator lobbyists for those corporations to write IRS code provisions, and, the billions of tax dollars in corporate welfare that the same legislators enable, THESE ARE WHAT ALLOW FOR CEO UNCONSCIONABLE SALARIES/BONUSES/STOCK OPTIONS, AND, TAX CUTS ON TOP OF THOSE.

That's who and what's to blame.

And people like yourself who blame people like me.

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent

I have never seen you make a comment talking about corporations without employing the words "prostitute or pimp" . After awhile such hyperbole loses its effect . Try talking rationally or even better provide evidence of such corruption . I suggest starting small . Your usual massive cut/paste is ignored by one and all . Frankly I doubt you read it as well .

BTW blaming what corporate boards do on legislators is silly . They are free to act as the stock holders desire .

Nigel Dogberry
Freshman Silent
link   Nigel Dogberry    10 years ago

I'm willing to blame Congress.

A. Macarthur
Professor Guide

BTW blaming what corporate boards do on legislators is silly . They are free to act as the stock holders desire .

Corporate Welfare/Government subsidies in the face of record corporate profits along with the Government bailout -- are precisely why legislators are culpable. Corporate Boards are enabled to give the big CEO bucks, to a great extent because of their purchase of legislators.

Your usual massive cut/paste is ignored by one and all . Frankly I doubt you read it as well .

I see; we're back to the "cut/paste" thing -- it's kind of like a "Benghazi" of NT right-winger blather. I post information to back my positions; those choosing to "rebut" by pulling pronouncements out of their asses rather than address the specifics of a debate -- are faking it.

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent
link   seeder  Larry Crehore    10 years ago

I agree Grumpy!!