╌>

Boy drives toy ATV onto New York City parkway

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  6 comments

A 6-year-old boy is safe after driving his toy ATV onto a New York City highway.

Authorities said the child rode the battery-powered toy onto the Bronx River Parkway around 7 p.m. Sunday

He was on an outing with his family in a Mount Vernon park when he disappeared. Relatives immediately notified police.

The Journal News said that Westchester County police began receiving 911 calls less than an hour later about the boy. Police say he drove on a street near the park and took a ramp onto the parkway headed northbound.

Police say three motorists slowed their vehicles and surrounded the boy to protect him from other vehicles. They say one got out and grabbed the boy.

He was taken to a hospital and found to be OK.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

This boy is so lucky he didn't get into an accident!

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Expert
link   Perrie Halpern R.A.    10 years ago

Glad this turned out to be a happy story... because last night one happened here that was not too happy. We found out about it because my daughter was stuck on the Long Island Railroad till 4 am. It seems that two 20 year olds went into one of the tunnels to do some graffiti, and the boy fell as a train came through the tunnel. and died.

My daughter is 20 years old.

When do these kids grow up?

Nona62
Professor Silent

But part of me is amazed at his tiny sense of independence. Yes, and his fortitude!

Nona62
Professor Silent

No one ever extended that type of courtesy to us.......well...pfft ..what nerve!! Did you ever wind up in jail?

Nona62
Professor Silent

OMG...I guess some never grow up, sad to say. So sorry for his family and friends.

Nona62
Professor Silent

lol..