Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  5 comments

Toddler Dies In Hot Car

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

This happens too often. How tragic!! RIP little baby.

Dowser
Sophomore Quiet
link   Dowser    10 years ago

At least he showed frantic remorse, which is something. He didn't purposely do it, but he was an idiot, all the same. How sad for the child!!! How sad for his wife!!

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

How very true. Unfortunately this is not the first incident I have read, and it still makes me scratch my head.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    10 years ago
There were probably many things that contributed to this tragedy. Sleep deprivation is not uncommon for parents of a small child. Maybe he isn't the one who normally drops the child off at daycare, so it just got lost amongst other thoughts in his head as he was mentally preparing for work while driving. I imagine that he is genuinely devasted. I hate that they plaster his mugshot up like he's some willfull murder who jet got nabbed. It seems wrong.

Hal A. Lujah
Professor Guide
link   Hal A. Lujah    10 years ago
The reality is that the initial mistake he made is not much different from forgetting to pick your kid up from basketball practice. But because babies don't have cellphones, or an ability to get out of their car seat and get help, the results were gravely different. I used to worry about doing something so horrible, and I would tape a sign on my steering wheel with my kid's name on it just to make sure it wouldn't happen.