╌>

Good Samaritans Jump to Help Man Whose Truck Crashes Off Bridge

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  3 comments

Good Samaritans Jump to Help Man Whose Truck Crashes Off Bridge
This iframe is not allowed This iframe is not allowed
PHOTO: Drivers rushed to save a man whose truck crashed off of the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in Louisiana, May 31, 2014.

Good Samaritans jumped into action this weekend after a man accidentally crashed his pickup truckarrow-10x10.png through the on Louisianas Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.

Al Pike was on his way to workarrow-10x10.png Saturday when he saw the crash. He stripped off his pants and shirt and jumped into the water.

As I was jumping over the edge of the , I noticed that the occupant had surfaced, so I just jumped in and swam over to him, Pike said.

He was saying, Help me, help me, help me. I said, Youre alive, thats the only thing that matters. Everythings fine. Youre going to be OK.

Other concerned driversarrow-10x10.png called police, then dropped a rope into the water, creating a human to the men up.

I took the rope and tied it around his torso, Pike said. I was hoping that my knot held.

The knot did hold, and the man, who was not identified, was pulled to safetyarrow-10x10.png . He was taken to the hospital for pain. His condition is unknown, but his road to is no doubt smoother thanks to his humble rescuers.

Im pretty sure that anybody wouldve done the same thing, Pike said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

What a great ending!!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     10 years ago

Good ending.

That is one long bridge, we drove over it on our way to New Orleans in April.

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

What a great guy to jump in and help a person in distress. BRAVO for him!!