╌>

Pennsylvania man charged in flag desecration

Category:  Other

Via:  nona62  •  10 years ago  •  8 comments

A Pennsylvania man was charged Friday after he allegedly hung an upside down, spray painted it and put it on outside his home, WJACTV.com reported.

Joshuaa Brubaker said he meant no offense, but he reportedly said he was standing up for his heritage, and flying a flag upside down traditionally means distress.

"If we can't express ourselves freely and not worry about any repercussion from that, what's the point of having the flag?" he asked the station. Brubaker is facing for desecration and insults to the American flag.

Allegheny Township Police were reportedly alerted to the flag by a of complaints, including a military woman who police said "was very offended."

"People have made too many sacrifices to protect the flag and to leave this happen in my community, I'm not happy with it," L.J. Berg, the Allegheny Township assistant chief, said.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Nona62
Professor Silent
link   seeder  Nona62    10 years ago

What disrespect!! This is unbelievable!!

Larry Crehore
Freshman Silent
link   Larry Crehore    10 years ago

"People have made too many sacrifices to protect the flag and to leave this happen in my community, I'm not happy with it," L.J. Berg, the Allegheny Township assistant chief, said."

At least the Chief of Police understands the military woman's outrage.

Nona62
Professor Silent

ummm...why???

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    10 years ago

Cause he's paying his bills and those cause him distress.....

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    10 years ago

I spent a career in the service, defending this asshole's right to desecrate the flag. To me, the flag is a symbol, that I personally would never desecrate, but he is within his rights. I would probably put a sign on my property facing his if I lived there saying, 'You are an Asshole, People died under and for that flag, but you have every right to be an idiot that should never re-produce.' Additionally, I'd call attention to this assclown whenever possible (though that might be exactly what he wants) and publicly ridicule him.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

Nona62
Professor Silent

Got'cha!

Nona62
Professor Silent

You got that right!

Nona62
Professor Silent

LOL...