╌>

Multiple COVID-19 cases linked to church event in Durham, county officials say

Category:  News & Politics

Via:  jeremy-in-nc  •  4 years ago  •  26 comments

Multiple COVID-19 cases linked to church event in Durham, county officials say
Durham County officials announced Monday evening that a Durham church event was linked to multiple positive COVID-19 cases.

S E E D E D   C O N T E N T

DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham County officials announced Monday evening that a Durham church event was linked to multiple positive COVID-19 cases.

The event was held on March 22 at the Millennium Hotel Durham at 2800 Campus Walk Ave.

Durham County announced Monday that there are 11 new COVID-19 cases. Those new cases put the county total at 118, according to Durham County officials. It’s unclear how many of the new cases were linked to the church event.

Officials said that the church event was hosted by Faith Assembly between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.

They asked anyone who attended the event and has fever, cough, or shortness of breath, to call the Durham County Department of Public Health at 919-635-8150.

People who attended the event and are not experiencing symptoms were ordered to stay home and monitor symptoms until April 5. 

Durham County implemented a stay-at-home order on Sunday at 5 p.m.

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1  seeder  Jeremy Retired in NC    4 years ago

More infected because stupid people just can't follow simple instructions - STAY AT HOME.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1  Krishna  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1    4 years ago
More infected because stupid people just can't follow simple instructions - STAY AT HOME

or maybe its because...

...because they were following instructions!

Quotes from Trump himself downplaying the seriousness of the virus are too numerous to mention...but here's a small sampling of the calibre of his prominent mentally-challenged apologists:

(The following is not mere hearsay. I myself actually saw the following live as I was watching Fox News):

• Mental midget Sean Hannity telling viewers that this whole Virus thing was a scam, perpetrated by Democrats to get this president.
  • KellyAnne Conway telling viewers that "we have it under control" .
  • Rush "Macho Man" Limbaugh explaining that the Virus? Its just "The Common Cold'!
  • Mike Pence, pandemic expert and role model extraordinaire,saying that he and Trump shake hands, and will continue to shake hands.

Krishna
Professor Expert
1.1.1  Krishna  replied to  Krishna @1.1    4 years ago
More infected because stupid people just can't follow simple instructions - STAY AT HOME
or maybe its because... ...because they were following instructions!

A while back I came across this video. I am thinking of seeding it. (because its not current I can't seed it as current news, so under what category shall I place it? I suppose it can be considered humor-- in one sense it is totally hilarious:

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.2  seeder  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Krishna @1.1    4 years ago
or maybe its because...

They are imbeciles. They would risk themselves and others just so they can get a little "jesus".  

NC Governor issued a "Stay-at-home" order just as virtually every other Governor has.  These people couldn't do something that simple.

Raven Wing
Professor Guide
1.1.3  Raven Wing  replied to  Jeremy Retired in NC @1.1.2    4 years ago
They would risk themselves and others just so they can get a little "jesus". 

And the Preacher is defying the legal order not to gather so that he can continue to 'get a little money'.

squiggy
Junior Silent
1.1.4  squiggy  replied to  Krishna @1.1    4 years ago
Quotes from Trump himself

Yes, MSNBC has a constant loop of last month in their feeble attempt to assess blame rather than further information, but have fun with the oldies.

Jeremy Retired in NC
Professor Expert
1.1.5  seeder  Jeremy Retired in NC  replied to  Raven Wing @1.1.3    4 years ago

Nope.  Cant rule out the greed.

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
2  bbl-1    4 years ago

Could 'the infected' have been short on faith?

Or were they just 'stupid people' because they attended?

Or was 'the event' some sort of protest against some sort of ideology by the attendees?

Or was the church association and pastor in need of 'donations?

There are many things that could be considered here.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1  Gordy327  replied to  bbl-1 @2    4 years ago

Or maybe it's "god's will/plan?"

Or were they just 'stupid people' because they attended?

Yes.

Or was 'the event' some sort of protest against some sort of ideology by the attendees?

I'll bet some may have thought instructions to avoid large gatherings was an infringement on their religious freedom. There's a similar story about a Pastor in (I think) New Orleans who blatantly disobeys that warning and purposefully holds sermons.

Or was the church association and pastor in need of 'donations?

Probably.

There are many things that could be considered here.

I think it can all be summed up by what you said before, 'stupid people.'

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
2.1.1  Trout Giggles  replied to  Gordy327 @2.1    4 years ago

I get the whole First Amendment issue because I don't believe the Constitution has been suspended (or has it?)

Clergy are supposed to lead and protect their flocks. This narcissistic show man needs to feel that power instead of actually caring about his parishioners. If he had any critical thinking skills or an ounce of compassion he would have set up on-line services and canceled the mass gathering.

charger 383
Professor Silent
2.1.2  charger 383  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    4 years ago

This preacher was not a Good Shepherd caring for his flock 

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.3  Gordy327  replied to  Trout Giggles @2.1.1    4 years ago

Indeed. Other churches are broadcasting their services. Some clergy even offer "drive thru" services. And what about the parishioners? They're just as bad for gathering agains advice or declaration in the 1st place.

Gordy327
Professor Expert
2.1.5  Gordy327  replied to  XDm9mm @2.1.4    4 years ago

Thank you.

Krishna
Professor Expert
2.2  Krishna  replied to  bbl-1 @2    4 years ago

There's no cure for "Stuck on Stupid"! jrSmiley_5_smiley_image.png

Baron Creek
Junior Quiet
3  Baron Creek    4 years ago

I don't know this for sure, as I haven't been out and about. Home improvement stores are crowded and our governor has threatened to shut them down if Home Depot and Lowe's don't put social distancing into place. 

The only thing I can figure, is a lot of people have time on their hands, with a promise of government money on the way. I suppose they need to install additional shelving for all their toilet paper and hand sanitizer and other doomsday necessities. Beats me!

bbl-1
Professor Quiet
3.1  bbl-1  replied to  Baron Creek @3    4 years ago

Yeah.  People have time on their hands.  People are anticipating a 'cash influx', spending it instead of saving it---while not knowing the possibility of an uneven future awaiting them.

This too.  America has changed.  It continues to believe itself invincible.

Baron Creek
Junior Quiet
3.1.1  Baron Creek  replied to  bbl-1 @3.1    4 years ago

In my area, people have a sense of this being something akin to 2008, which had limited impact... due to the business makeup. I don't think people have absorbed the long term dramatic changes that could be taking place.

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.2  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Baron Creek @3.1.1    4 years ago

Lots of those "Honey Do" lists have come back to life.

I've got 13 left on my list having competed 33 since moving back to the States.

1stwarrior
Professor Participates
3.1.3  1stwarrior  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1.2    4 years ago

Since you're almost done, I'll send you my address and you can come and finish mine :-)

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.4  FLYNAVY1  replied to  1stwarrior @3.1.3    4 years ago

While you play golf?  Ahem.....

Modern day Tom Sawyer are we now.....?

BTW.... Last time we talked you were heading to the driving range to get ready for a tourney.…. How'd you do at tourney?

Perrie Halpern R.A.
Professor Principal
3.1.5  Perrie Halpern R.A.  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1.2    4 years ago
I've got 13 left on my list having competed 33 since moving back to the States.

I'm impressed. I haven't even started. 

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
3.1.6  FLYNAVY1  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @3.1.5    4 years ago

My better half is a great motivator....!

Trout Giggles
Professor Principal
3.1.7  Trout Giggles  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @3.1.6    4 years ago

Just easier to do it than listen to the nagging, eh?

Yeah....Mr Giggles is the nagger in our house

FLYNAVY1
Professor Guide
4  FLYNAVY1    4 years ago

Praise the Lord, and pass the infection!

Krishna
Professor Expert
4.1  Krishna  replied to  FLYNAVY1 @4    4 years ago
Praise the Lord, and pass the infection!

Either that-- or "Pass the Toilet Paper"!