Hello all, Christmas is coming and I would like to share a cookie recipe with you that I make every year. I also make sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies as well, but these are my favorite.
You will need:
2 sticks of butter at room temperature, softened
2 cups of walnuts chopped into very small pieces
4 Tablespoons of Vanilla extract ( yep, that's a lot! )
1 cup of powered sugar
2 cups of all purpose flour
At least a cup of powered sugar to roll the cookies in when cooled.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the softened butter and chopped walnuts till well mixed.
3. Add the Vanilla extract and mix.
4. Add the powered sugar and mix.
5. Then lastly add the flour a cup at a time and mix it well, it will be very doughy.
6. Roll them into about 1 inch balls.
7. Place them onto an ungreased cookie sheet a little far apart.
8. Bake for about 12 minutes, ovens can vary, they should be a little light brown on the bottoms. Check them to make sure they feel crunchy on the top not doughy. (check them around 10 minutes)
9. Take them out to cool, you can put them on tin foil.
10. When cool roll them in the powered sugar and put them in a tin or plastic container with a lid.
They will make about 2 to 3 dozen and they are really good.