"FAKE VIEWS" ~ A.K.A. "Artistic License" on CREATIVE ARTS THURSDAY/FRIDAY

By:  A. Macarthur  •  5 months ago  •  60 comments

"FAKE VIEWS" ~ A.K.A. "Artistic License" on CREATIVE ARTS THURSDAY/FRIDAY

Leave a comment to auto-join group CREATIVE ARTS ON THE NEWSTALKERS

CREATIVE ARTS ON THE NEWSTALKERS

Artistic license is a colloquial term, sometimes a euphemism, used to denote the distortion of fact, alteration of the conventions of grammar or language, or rewording of pre-existing text made by an artist in the name of art.

original

This photo of a portion of the Big Thompson River in the Colorado Rockies … was pretty good … but, the rushing water on the left was a bit barren and therefore a distraction from the whole (IMO). So, I added the Tree Swallow in flight to fill the void. I deem it a nice decorative piece of art … albeit a "Fake View".

Ditto the photo atop the article; the sunset original needed something, so, I put in the fisherman's silhouette.

© A. Mac/A.G. (Both Images)

Find text within the comments Find

A. Macarthur
1  author  A. Macarthur    5 months ago

Post whatever creative art you'd like … real, fake, heavily edited … and keep in ming the following quote by the philosopher, Diderot.

"Art should not be a copy of reality … one of the damned things is enough!"

2  Kavika     5 months ago

Sunset at the farm.

evilgenius
3  evilgenius    5 months ago

I pulled this from a video frame -

There were a convocation of eagles moving through last Sunday afternoon. Most of them were too far away sitting on some ice, but I did get a few pictures of this one sitting in a tree near the road.

3.1  Kavika   replied to  evilgenius @3    5 months ago

What a great photo EG.

Well done.

4  Buzz of the Orient    5 months ago

A few ultra-editing jobs:

A. Macarthur
5  author  A. Macarthur    5 months ago

Holiday weekend-imminent low turnout?

8  Kavika     5 months ago

Photo taken today near Lake Weir. The lake is around 45 minutes from the house.

A field of flowers.

8.1  Kavika   replied to  Kavika @8    5 months ago

Walking the fence close to Lake Weir.

Raven Wing
9  Raven Wing    5 months ago

In keeping with the 'fake' theme, here are some pictures I took at the Atlanta Arboretum back in 2005 during the exhibition for Chihuly's blown glass exhibit. Various types of Chihuly's glass exhibits were intermingled with the many various types of flowers and plants. I think you might find them interesting.

There were many types of flowers and plants that I had never seen before, and mixing them with the colorful glass exhibits was really amazing.

9.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @9    5 months ago

Fascinating - mixing the two creates a unique and visually pleasing display.

9.2  Kavika   replied to  Raven Wing @9    5 months ago

Stunning

A. Macarthur
9.3  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Raven Wing @9    5 months ago

Fascinating!

nightwalker
9.4  nightwalker  replied to  Raven Wing @9    5 months ago

Scary. Are you sure all those plants are from this planet?

10  Perrie Halpern R.A.    5 months ago

I always enjoy coming in on a Thursday or a Friday and see art, and smile. It's such a stress reliever.

Really fine work everyone. It took off a lot of stress from the day.

So here is my addition. Two of my daughters' mischiefs.

This is Finn doing what he does best.. getting into things.

This is Nim taking a nap on my daughter. She has a twin that was too busy playing to get a good pic of.

10.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @10    5 months ago

Why do my comments disappear?  Previously I posted this, and then it was gone.

Love the photo of Finn.  Interesting that a twin would have twin pets - nothing unusual about that.

10.2  Kavika   replied to  Perrie Halpern R.A. @10    5 months ago

latest?cb=20171219180706

10.2.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @10.2    5 months ago

LOL.  That's a good one.

11  Ender    5 months ago
"Art should not be a copy of reality … one of the damned things is enough!"

Going to go against that for a minute. : )

This guy popped up in my yard. I have never seen anything like this before.

In the same spot as this, twice I planted a palm tree. Both times they died. At first I thought a palm was coming back. It never got any larger than this. It is only about four or five inches sticking up. I mowed around it and kept it for some reason. I am thinking it is close to the end of its life cycle as now the tall stalk on the right has fallen over. It generally has looked like this the whole time it has been around, which is about three or four months.

Still have no idea what it is.

11.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @11    5 months ago

It looks like a Triffid.  BEWARE!!!

11.1.1  Ender  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @11.1    5 months ago

It is an odd thing and the colour is true. Has always been about that colour.

I have another one from my yard. I think I posted this one before. It is another odd one. It is almost like an aloe plant.

I have these things growing in my yard that I have no idea what they are.    Haha

A. Macarthur
11.1.2  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Ender @11.1.1    5 months ago

Might be a form of Bromeliad.

pat wilson
11.1.3  pat wilson  replied to  A. Macarthur @11.1.2    5 months ago

Looks like an aloe.

A. Macarthur
11.1.4  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  pat wilson @11.1.3    5 months ago

More likely an Aloe.

11.2  Kavika   replied to  Ender @11    5 months ago

I know exactly what that is, it's a ya know, a thingy.

nightwalker
12  nightwalker    5 months ago

You remember the Wall St. bull and the figure later added, a little girl facing the bull down named
"fearless"? 512

I always have a urge to cheer the little girl figure on, must be the rebel in me. It strikes me as sort of...inspirational.

But sometimes, it's the simple pictures that grab your imagination..

A. Macarthur
13  author  A. Macarthur    5 months ago

All right!

We are lookin’ good!

Raven Wing
14  Raven Wing    5 months ago

Hope everyone has a great weekend,

All Rights reserved.

14.1  Kavika   replied to  Raven Wing @14    5 months ago

Love that creation RW....

Raven Wing
14.1.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @14.1    5 months ago

Thank you very much Kavika.

A. Macarthur
14.2  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Raven Wing @14    5 months ago

Quite a beautiful image!

Raven Wing
14.2.1  Raven Wing  replied to  A. Macarthur @14.2    5 months ago

Thank you Mac. I wanted to do something different with shapes and patterns, but, still allow the primary subject to be the center of attention. Hopefully, I achieved that here.

pat wilson
14.2.2  pat wilson  replied to  Raven Wing @14.2.1    5 months ago

Were slot canyons in Utah an inspiration ?

Raven Wing
14.2.3  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @14.2.2    5 months ago

Not those in Utah.....the Upper and Lower Antelope Canyons in Arizona.

pat wilson
14.2.4  pat wilson  replied to  Raven Wing @14.2.3    5 months ago

I love those patterns. You've incorporated it beautifully in your art.

Raven Wing
14.2.5  Raven Wing  replied to  pat wilson @14.2.4    5 months ago

Thank you Pat. They present a very big challenge, but, that is part of the real experience. and what makes it more fun as well. (grin)

14.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @14    5 months ago

Lovely, as usual.  All of your creations are unique and treasures in themselves.

Raven Wing
14.3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @14.3    5 months ago

Thank you Buzz. You words encourage me to keep letting my imagination and Spiritual thoughts inspire me. (smile)

A. Macarthur
15  author  A. Macarthur    5 months ago

My new neighbors … from a den in the woods behind my backyard … actual (not "fakes").

original

The Papa!

© A. Mac/A.G.

original

One of two Kits I have seen so far.

© A. Mac/A.G.

Raven Wing
15.1  Raven Wing  replied to  A. Macarthur @15    5 months ago

Beautiful colors and surroundings Mac. Truly amazing works of Mother Nature. The eyes of the Papa are very penetrating. I have never seen Kits with that kind of coloring before. Thank you for sharing them.

15.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur @15    5 months ago

What incredible opportunities you have.  Thank you for sharing them with us - sights I know I'll never again see live.

15.3  Kavika   replied to  A. Macarthur @15    5 months ago

Our local critters aren't nearly as cute but we have a lot of them...

Beware of the water!!!!

alligatorandbabydailymail.jpg

A. Macarthur
15.3.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Kavika @15.3    5 months ago

Great image!

Raven Wing
15.3.2  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @15.3    5 months ago

How cute is that!  That little guy/gal is just along for the ride. (grin)

16  Kavika     5 months ago

The first flowers blooming on our magnolia tree...It's loaded with blooms and in the next week of so the tree will be covered in beautiful white flowers.

Raven Wing
16.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Kavika @16    5 months ago

Beautiful flowers. My Grandmother had a magnolia tree in her backyard, and it was so fragrant and beautiful. I loved to put one of the flowers in my hair when I visited as a child. Until, I found one of those evil looking white spiders in one of the blossoms. Then I just admired them on the tree. (grin)

16.2  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @16    5 months ago

They are beautiful flowers, but unfortunately they don't last very long.  Some from my neck of the woods:

16.2.1  Ender  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @16.2    5 months ago

The azaleas are beautiful too. They only last about two weeks.

dave-2693993
16.2.2  dave-2693993  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @16.2    5 months ago

That is the type of flowers my trees have.

I've got 3 of them along the driveway.

They actually flower in 2 phases. One is beginning now, then a couple weeks after they max out, they will bloom again.

16.3  Ender  replied to  Kavika @16    5 months ago

They are beautiful but a word of caution, I have seen the leaves from those trees kill a few yards.

A mature tree drops a ton of leaves.

16.3.1  Kavika   replied to  Ender @16.3    5 months ago

I'm aware of that Ender...Ours is in a rock garden, so no lawn under neigh it. Thank goodness for that.

16.3.2  Ender  replied to  Ender @16.3    5 months ago

I found a pic I had of a mature tree that had a branch closer to the ground.

16.3.3  Kavika   replied to  Ender @16.3.2    5 months ago

Oh, now that is quite beautiful...

16.3.4  Ender  replied to  Kavika @16.3.3    5 months ago

My Grandmother had one on the south side of her house. It was so big that you really couldn't enjoy the flowers, except from a distance.

I know you probably know this as well but not only the leaves, the seed pods fall too. They are a pain.

Raven Wing
16.3.5  Raven Wing  replied to  Ender @16.3.2    5 months ago

That is truly a magnificent flower.

16.3.6  Ender  replied to  Raven Wing @16.3.5    5 months ago

For those that don't know, the petals will fall off and the center becomes the seed pod. They get these reddish looking seeds.

16.3.7  Ender  replied to  Ender @16.3.6    5 months ago

The same flower but I had cut off one side.

16.3.8  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @16.3.6    5 months ago

Thanks for that info. I learn something new every day.

16.3.9  Ender  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @16.3.8    5 months ago

This tree that I snapped the pics of, I know well. I climbed into it to cut some branches that were hanging over a drive.

It has one big low branch on one side, which I still pulled down an off shoot to snap the pic.

It's trunk is about four ft in diameter. The flower itself was about ten inches.

16.3.10  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Ender @16.3.9    5 months ago

Four feet?  Wow!  About how old does that make the tree?

16.3.11  Ender  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @16.3.10    5 months ago

Don't know but around the city there are oak trees that are over 500 years.

It Is ME