And so FOURTH (of July, 2019) on Creative Arts Thursday Friday

By:  A. Macarthur  •  2 months ago  •  18 comments

And so FOURTH (of July, 2019) on Creative Arts Thursday Friday

Leave a comment to auto-join group CREATIVE ARTS ON THE NEWSTALKERS

CREATIVE ARTS ON THE NEWSTALKERS

original

© A.Mac/A.G

Find text within the comments Find

A. Macarthur
1  author  A. Macarthur    2 months ago

Post whatever creative works and/or commentary you care to.

Raven Wing
2  Raven Wing    2 months ago

Very impressive photos Mac. And Happy 4th to you!

A. Macarthur
2.1  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Raven Wing @2    2 months ago

And to you as well, RW!

3  Buzz of the Orient    2 months ago

My photo of an ancient Chinese Painting - the light on it was uneven.

Not at all ancient - a photo I took at a park a couple of years ago - similar dresses?

Raven Wing
3.1  Raven Wing  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @3    2 months ago

Very nice Buzz. I very much like Chinese artwork of all kinds.

3.1.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Raven Wing @3.1    2 months ago

Thanks. I added something more recent as well.

4  Kavika     2 months ago

I'm sure that you're all familiar with Louis L'Amour, writer of Western adventures. But Mr. L'Amour went far beyond that.

He published a book entitled, ''Louis L'Amour Frontier''...Photos by world renowned landscape photographer, David Muench.

The writing by L'Amour and the photos by Muench are unworldly....stunning and mesmerizing to say the least.

This is a photo of the cover of the book and this photo alone is worth the price of the book...

51mWRK-OhkL.jpg

Known throughout the world as a writer of the Western novel and of the United States, Mr. L'Amour started on a trilogy of books that were far different than anything that he had writer before.

The first of the book, ''The Walking Drum'' takes place in Medieval Europe. Here is a brief description of the book.

Louis L’Amour has been best known for his ability to capture the spirit and drama of the authentic American West. Now he guides his readers to an even more distant frontier—the enthralling lands of the twelfth century.

Warrior, lover, and scholar, Kerbouchard is a daring seeker of knowledge and fortune bound on a journey of enormous challenge, danger, and revenge. Across Europe, over the Russian steppes, and through the Byzantine wonders of Constantinople, Kerbouchard is thrust into the treacheries, passions, violence, and dazzling wonders of a magnificent time.

I loved the book but sadly Mr. L'Amour died before he wrote the follow up...

A. Macarthur
4.2  author  A. Macarthur  replied to  Kavika @4    2 months ago

Muench has been one of my favorite photographers for many years. I believe I once had s book of his photos of the Appalachian Trail.

4.3  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kavika @4    2 months ago

Very interesting comment - I never knew of L'Amour or Muench before.  Looked Muench up and saw stuff like this:

W-9357-home.jpg

Nona62
4.4  Nona62  replied to  Kavika @4    2 months ago

Mr. Nona's favorite author....

pat wilson
5  pat wilson    2 months ago

I've been trying to sell some stuff on on my local Nextdoor site. Kinda like the way this pitcher turned out.

5.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  pat wilson @5    2 months ago

LOL. A picture of a pitcher - what could be better? A batter?

5.3  Kavika   replied to  pat wilson @5    2 months ago

That's a very cool pitcher pat.

pat wilson
6  pat wilson    2 months ago

When I was a kid my mom always corrected me when I called pictures "pitchers". I always annunciate "pictures" now, grin.

Kathleen
7  Kathleen    2 months ago

Happy 4th of July everyone!

7.1  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Kathleen @7    2 months ago

Is that a lifeguard seat?

Kathleen
7.1.1  Kathleen  replied to  Buzz of the Orient @7.1    2 months ago

Yes.  I took that early in the morning.

8  Kavika     2 months ago

Happy 4th of July everyone.

daa21332db21c123107c94fce3490bed--beauti