Venice and Florence Through My Stepdaughter's iPhone Lens

By:  Buzz of the Orient  •  3 months ago  •  9 comments

Venice and Florence Through My Stepdaughter's iPhone Lens

To comment, please join group Discovery Group

Discovery Group

Venice and Florence Through My Stepdaughter's iPhone Lens

What I've noticed about the photos she takes is that they are not the same as you see in tourist and travel folders. In most cases she seeks out what is more unusual, like street scenes for example.  There aren't many pics from Florence, but some pretty good ones from Venice. We start with Venice:

5.   I'm not entirely sure whether this photo is Venice or Florence.

10.   And farewell Venice...

11.   Florence looks like a golden city.

12.

13.

14.

Find text within the comments Find

1  author  Buzz of the Orient    3 months ago

Take a break - take a trip.

2  Kavika     3 months ago

Enjoyed the trip. Great photos.

TTGA
3  TTGA    3 months ago

She definitely has the talent for this Buzz.  I'd make a large bet that she's been observing your choices and techniques.  There is a definite similarity with your style, particularly in the sunset shots.

4  author  Buzz of the Orient    3 months ago

I won't do a whole article for these, but here are the two that she sent me from The Netherlands. No tulips, but at least there are windmills.

Spikegary
5  Spikegary    3 months ago

I've never been to Italy, added to the list now!  Thanks Buzz, to you and to your stepdaughter!

5.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  Spikegary @5    3 months ago

Nor have I, Gary. The only European countries I've been to are Spain, Gibraltar, England, Wales and Switzerland.  Italy was the photography destination for many historic photographers, as you may have seen in my Famous Photographer series.

6  author  Buzz of the Orient    3 months ago

I just came to the realization that by posting articles on a group and then promoting them to the Front Page means that all NT members can see the articles, but cannot post a comment on them unless they are members of that group.. However, members should know that those groups are not private and anyone can join the group if they do wish to comment.  Of course the Discovery group is for those whose horizons are considerably broader than those whose interests are limited only to politics and/or religion.

A. Macarthur
7  A. Macarthur    3 months ago

A Modern-Day Canaletto!

7.1  author  Buzz of the Orient  replied to  A. Macarthur @7    3 months ago

Ah yes, I see the similarity with Canaletto's canal paintings.  Her photographic "eye" really surprises me.

Iamak47