╌>

Congratulations to Larry and Arlene......

Category:  Other

Via:  perrie-halpern  •  11 years ago  •  18 comments

Congratulations to Larry and Arlene......

On the birth of their first grand child, a bouncing baby boy!

I'll let Larry give us all the details.......

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

TTGA
Professor Silent
link   TTGA    11 years ago

Definitely fun being a grandparent flamey, for much the reason you mentioned. I get to have the fun; my son gets to have the responsibility. I have three and a step granddaughter, and they are great. Although I'm not supposed to play favorites, the three year old boy (the one sitting on the left side of my avatar picture) is definitely my favorite. Two weeks ago, we were driving on a country road and hit a deer. His reaction was, "Lets do it again grandpa". When I told him that, if I wanted to kill a deer, a bullet was a lot cheaper to replace than the front end of the Bronco, he just replied that it wasn't as exciting though.

Congratulations Larry and Arlene. You're going to love the grandparent thing. It's a load of fun.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   Buzz of the Orient    11 years ago

Back to changing diapers I guess. Mazeltov.

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick    11 years ago

[image]

[image]

[image]

Way to go Gramps!

Spikegary
Junior Quiet
link   Spikegary    11 years ago

Congratulations....grandkids.....seeing the lineage and the future of your family....what an awesome thing.

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates
link   Larry Hampton    11 years ago

Thanks gang!

What a wonderful blessing!

Can't begin to tell you all how special this is..we are so excited to be Grandparents!

6234_discussions.jpg?width=721

Our Daughter Crystal and little Kato!

:~)

Uptownchick
Junior Silent
link   Uptownchick    11 years ago

Beautiful, Larry! Absolutely, beautiful...both of them! Very happy for all of you!113.gif

Neetu2
Freshman Silent
link   Neetu2    11 years ago

My heartiest congratulations, Larry and Arlene!

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

6235_discussions.jpg?width=721

We have so much to be grateful for.

First to the creator for safety for my Daughter and Grandson; thank you God.

Crystal's delivery wasn't easy. Kato was born by C-section after about 14 hours of labor; she is a little bitty young woman and Kato came in at 8 pounds, 14.9 OZ. So just too big to come through the birth canal safely for him and Mom. They decided to go in and get him when it became obvious it wasn't going to happen any other way. At that point I was scared. Seriously. Grace is sufficient though, and both are safe and sound and will be home in just a couple of days.

We also have many friends and family that we would like to thank, includinga few different friends from the NewsTalkers.

Our dearest Perrie has been a confidant, teacher, counselor and friend. Thank you Perrie for the wonderful gifts for Kato and Crystal, and for helping to keep Granpa's attitude straight and focused...and for all the newborn advice. Perrie, you visiting with Arlene and Crystal on the way back from Georgia that one night means more to them than you know. And I can't thank you enough for everything. Hugs and kisses all around for you and Matt. Perrie, you are an official gramma to Kato and it will be great when you guys get to meet him! :~)

I also want to specifically thank Kavika. Kavika was up in our neck of the woods this last week and we had made plans to get together. With Crystal's birth so soon it just wasn't possible; yet, I visited with Kavika a few times by phone or text over the last week, and he has proved to be a great source of inspiration. Even though we couldn't visit face-to-face, he has blessed me and my family immensly with his wisdom and encouragement. He has even had a real dreamcatcher made for baby Kato, which was a wish of Crystal's that we didn't know how to fullfill; she has already started telling baby Kato about Uncle Kavika. If I knew the Indian words I would say them , but I don't. They would say, many blessings to you and your family kavika, your sweet and gentle spirit has blessed us in ways you may not even understand...thank you my friend. :~)

I have recieved many congrats by personal message or otherwise from many of you, and we thank all of you. In only another 16 years or so, I'll send Kato an invite and he will become a NewsTalker himself, go back into the ol' archives and read this article for himself.

Kato, Grandpa loves you, and welcome.

Steve Ott
Professor Quiet
link   Steve Ott    11 years ago

Congratulations to everyone. I have a few of them myself and one on the way. I always think of this when with grandkids: If I had known they were so much fun, I would have had them first.

Krishna
Professor Expert
link   Krishna    11 years ago

Congratulations.

What a wonderful event! Smile.gif

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Krish,

Thanks man.

he was glowing green-gold when he came into this world...such a beautiful sight!

Petey Coober
Freshman Silent
link   Petey Coober    11 years ago

Larry mah man . You must be ecstatic at this event ... I'm happy for the both of you .

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Petey,

How long have I known you?

You will understand what I am saying then.

Emotional beyond belief. We are SO happy!

Thanks man!

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     11 years ago

Larry my friend. I just arrived back in Lampe/home. It was a wonderful experience talking and texting with you. I feel like I am part of your family, and I know that you, Arlene, Crystal and Kato are now part of my family. For that I am grateful niijii (friend).

I would also like to add that Crystal's partner spent three days on a Greyhound bus coming from Georgia to be with her and the baby, he is a good man.

Congratulations Grin.gif

Larry Hampton
Professor Participates

Thanks Kavika for everything; wish we lived closer.

And yes, Gary had quite a ride from Georgia. We are fortunate to have such a great guy as Crystal's man.

6236_discussions.jpg?width=721

Kara Shalee
Freshman Silent
link   Kara Shalee    11 years ago

Many good wishes to you!!