╌>

Heartwarming Sports Story - Must Read

Category:  Other

Via:  buzz-of-the-orient  •  11 years ago  •  3 comments

Heartwarming Sports Story - Must Read

School Sends Girl Home for Wearing Wrong Hockey Jersey - Ottawa Senators Owners Amazing Gift For Her Family

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 2:58 pm. Written by: ThePostGame Staff Yahoo Sports

6752_discussions.jpg Last week fifth-grader Keila Penner was sent home from her Montreal elementary school for wearing an Ottawa Senators jersey.

But Keila's fortunes turned around rather quickly, as that same "offense" scored her and her family tickets to the Senators game against the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday.

Keila's father, Cary, grew up a Senators fan in Ottawa. So even though the family lives in Montreal, Cary has made sure he raised his children as Senators fans.

On the day of Game 1 of the Canadiens-Senators playoff series, students at Maple Grove Elementary in Lachine, Quebec, were allowed to wear Montreal jerseys instead of their school uniforms. Keila proudly wore Ottawa colors. She was promptly sent to the principal's office, where she was told to wear a different shirt or be sent home.

Keila refused to change.

You MUST read the rest of this story and watch the video - it is fabulous.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/good-sports/201305/sens-owners-amazing-gift-girl-and-her-family

Tags

jrDiscussion - desc
[]

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    11 years ago

How I LOVE reading stories like this. Poetic Justice rules the day.

Kavika
Professor Principal
link   Kavika     11 years ago

LOL, I love it. Poetic Justice for sure.

I love the line from the little girl. ''I didn't think it was fair, I have my own opinion''...Good for her.

Buzz of the Orient
Professor Expert
link   seeder  Buzz of the Orient    11 years ago

I agree. This girl will grow to be a leader, not a follower.